• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Release] S.A.S - Weapon/Character pack

braindead

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Merry Ol' England
Here it is.....

Shot000B.jpg

Weapon Pack

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21172545/WDW+Weapons+Pack.rar

Character Pack

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21172548/WDW+Characters.rar

To use the weapons, use either...

A/ The included mutator
B/ Marco's ServerPerks Mutator
C/ The Custom Weapon Mutator

Add the following to either list..

KF_WDW_Weapons.MP5A4Pickup
KF_WDW_Weapons.MP5K_DualPickup
KF_WDW_Weapons.MP5SDPickup

p.s. The MP5A4 has 2 modes, F and AltFire will control the flashlight and the H key will toggle between Auto/Burst mode.

For the characters, you WILL need Marco's serverperks mut and add the following to the Custom Character list

SAS_Wolf
SAS_Solo

Notes. (11-1-12)

The weapon pack has a perk included (omitted the custom icon) and will be submitted for whitelisting, but this pack suffers from the same issue as the IJC weapons pack.
If you use the mut, you have to restart Killing Floor before you can use standard perks. (Will work on a fix with Benjamin? although I believe this is an issue with KF and weapon mutators)

Thanks.

TWI for the great models and textures

Benjamin and IJC team for the mutator method, with including custom perks etc

YoYoBatty for the Burst mode mutator help

User yousefk from GameBanana for the idea on the SAS skins.

My wife for putting up with me :D

Please enjoy and any feedback would be appreciated.

Also, I have included the source for the weapons, so if you do use them, please give me credit. ;)

Last edited:
I just tested out the Guns. The are very solid and nice, animations and all are great. Have not tested them much yet though. With the dual MP5s, is it intentional that the left one fires off too the left a bit and the right one fires at the center? Also with the clips not being boosted by 100% like the medic MP5 is, the long reload time/animation feels maybe just a little too long, but then I guess the perk should give quicker reload and that should be taken care of. Is the perk functioning atm? I couldnt get it to show.

But superb work on the weapons. Oh and with the silenced MP5, is the stock pulled out when its being used? I cant tell from the view but if it isnt shouldnt the recoil maybe be a little more? (That is only if it isnt).

Upvote 0
Doesn't really make much sense unless you add the word he - "he who dares, wins!"

While easier to read the first is still grammatically correct as both He and Who are the subject. It's also a more literal translation of "Qui audet adipiscitur" And the comma is there, just you won't see it on the badge.

Upvote 0
I'll be honest, when I saw the WIP thread I always ignored it since I assumed it was some kind of competition. :p Anyway, the weapons...

Dual MP5K: Very nice, I really like the alternate firing of them (makes sense really, it's just cool seeing it in action). The reload time seems quite high but I guess it's a fair trade for the firepower.

MP5A4: Love the sights, love the firing sound. It's really satisfying to use.

MP5SD: Same as above really, except of course it feels less powerful, which is good. Should make a nice weapon when my alternate AI mod comes to fruition.

Haven't tried the characters in game but from the image they look pretty awesome.

In all, nice work!

Upvote 0
I'll be honest, when I saw the WIP thread I always ignored it since I assumed it was some kind of competition. :p Anyway, the weapons...

Thanks mate, that may have been a bad move on my part,. lol looking at it now, it does make it sound like a comp. hmmm needs to change me thinks, may also help with the view count :)

Dual MP5K: Very nice, I really like the alternate firing of them (makes sense really, it's just cool seeing it in action). The reload time seems quite high but I guess it's a fair trade for the firepower.

Cool, glad you like the alternate. There is code in there for them to fire at the same time on Full auto but I reverted back because it just didn't look or feel right.

Also, the reload is long but I tried to offset that with the price, hence why they are so cheap.

MP5A4: Love the sights, love the firing sound. It's really satisfying to use.

MP5SD: Same as above really, except of course it feels less powerful, which is good. Should make a nice weapon when my alternate AI mod comes to fruition.

Haven't tried the characters in game but from the image they look pretty awesome.

In all, nice work!

Again, thanks for the feed back and the great comments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Love the guns, did a bunch of testing last night. 2 questions first:
1) you mentioned a perk. how to activate said perk?
2) can you add burst fire to the dualies? That would be a great way to conserve ammo and offset the reload time.

Alrighty, the good stuff.

1) love the iron sights. crisp, clear, simple, easy to use. very well aligned.
2) Dual MP5's just feel good. the alternate fire scheme was the right choice IMO
3) SD sounds good, feels good, looks good. actually enjoyed its look more than the... um, A4 i think it is *checks top list :p *
4) A4 does feel more powerful, but for the price doesn't quite feel powerful enough. With perk-age i feel it might be more obvious, since dmg bonuses are done in percentage, so we'll see. It was just that paying like 600 more for it over the SD didn't seem to net me much more power
5) burst fire was nice. helped conserve ammo while maintaining power :)

All in all alot of fun, but until i try them with your perk i don't know if they're quite right yet. Solid work.

Totally forgot about the skins, oops :p I'll check em out later today :)

Upvote 0
Love the guns, did a bunch of testing last night. 2 questions first:
1) you mentioned a perk. how to activate said perk?

Should hopefully be activated with the mutator once this is whitelisted

2) can you add burst fire to the dualies? That would be a great way to conserve ammo and offset the reload time.

Was going to use Burst, untill every picture I had for the MP5K's had Full/Semi, so Semi is alt fire toggle.

Alrighty, the good stuff.

1) love the iron sights. crisp, clear, simple, easy to use. very well aligned.
2) Dual MP5's just feel good. the alternate fire scheme was the right choice IMO
3) SD sounds good, feels good, looks good. actually enjoyed its look more than the... um, A4 i think it is *checks top list :p *
4) A4 does feel more powerful, but for the price doesn't quite feel powerful enough. With perk-age i feel it might be more obvious, since dmg bonuses are done in percentage, so we'll see. It was just that paying like 600 more for it over the SD didn't seem to net me much more power

Well being as the Medi MP5 is like 5000, I thought it needed to be extra due to the flashlight addition. The perk should reduce the price and give added power to both of these weapons.
Also, it gives less recoil for the MP5K and MP5A4 as I didn't think the SD needed the extra advantage

5) burst fire was nice. helped conserve ammo while maintaining power :)

All in all alot of fun, but until i try them with your perk i don't know if they're quite right yet. Solid work.

Totally forgot about the skins, oops :p I'll check em out later today :)

Thanks man, really nice feedback there and glad you like them.

I do have a serverperk, perk written so I may release that as an extra file, as this also includes the SAS icon etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0