• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra 2?

Whatever it might be, I want it to be infantry only. I bought RO for good ww2 inf battles, but not to play a ****ing tank sim. I have pretty much stopped playing as most of the servers have tank maps or the same old inf maps which little people play.
Well, the problem is that it's not a tank sim.

The tank part doesn't really mix well with the infantry part.
If it was more realistic (delay's between getting in and out of tanks, etc) it would have suited the infantry part much better.

Upvote 0
KOREAN WAR !!! PLEASE

:eek:

I heard that the Korean war contents cannot be used commercially for political reason....since Korea has been in the state of suspension of arms for more than 50 years, which means the war has never ended.
Some government folks from South/North Korea, USA and China are having a discussion in Beijing, and one of the topics is the cessation of war.
So if the Korean war becomes officially over, we may expect to see Korean front in computer games then.

Upvote 0
Holy Cow! 3,000 Sterling!

CPU: Intel C2D E6700 oc to 3.5
GPU: EVGA 8800 GTX x 2
RAM: 2048MB Dominator
Mobo: 122-CK-NF68
WD 150Gb (10,000rpm) + WD 400Gb
Sound card: X-FI Gamer
PSU: Tagan 1100W
Case: Thermaltake Tai Chi
OS: Win Vista home (on trail & it mucked all me sound up so going soon)
RO: All settings at max. Get constant 90 fps
RES: 1680x1050

Managed to get it VAT free because i'm in the forces in Cyprus. Should've been about

Upvote 0
Tripwire should help the mod teams finish all those mods we are waiting for first before doing anything else.:)

I am eagerly awaiting the content of the 3 mods. Probably more so than the Tripwire patch. That is gonna be a whole lot of content, the sooner it gets here the better.

If TW could release another box with the mod content and a bright and shiny NEW!! on the cover, we might be able to fill up a few more servers... always a plus.
Madeyes said:
CPU: Intel C2D E6700 oc to 3.5
GPU: EVGA 8800 GTX x 2
RAM: 2048MB Dominator
Mobo: 122-CK-NF68
WD 150Gb (10,000rpm) + WD 400Gb
Sound card: X-FI Gamer
PSU: Tagan 1100W
Case: Thermaltake Tai Chi
OS: Win Vista home (on trail & it mucked all me sound up so going soon)
RO: All settings at max. Get constant 90 fps
RES: 1680x1050
http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pctotalox3.jpg

Nice organized clean machine you got there. I can only dream... maybe duel 8800GTX's in 6 months or so.

I went the thrifty route. My old P4 machine was growing a bit long in the tooth. I think my video card was dieing
(i was able to see though walls and trenches, OMG H4X :eek:).

I picked up the 7950GT for a song, but I still dropped down to 30 fps on the larger maps. Then finally decided what i really needed was a new CPU and MoBo.

On Tuesday I took my 7950 back to Fry's and bought an evga Superclocked 8800GTS 340mb for $50 more and no mail-in rebate bologna. I also picked up an LG 21.6 inch 2ms response (3000:1 contrast) LCD in 16/10 Ratio.

Red Orchestra looks so much better now, the difference is almost unbelievable. I can't wait for the patch, and the new effects. :cool:

All together about $1,000. with monitor.

Upvote 0
Well, the problem is that it's not a tank sim.

The tank part doesn't really mix well with the infantry part.
If it was more realistic (delay's between getting in and out of tanks, etc) it would have suited the infantry part much better.

I know all out tank maps aren't popular with many for various reasons but i do think infantry-heavy CA maps is when this game is at it's best, and certainly outside the 'realism' aspect for me it's what sets RO apart.

But i agree - a tank exit/pos switch delay mutator would be for the good of the game.

Upvote 0
I'm a lover of the infantry combat, but i mainly hate vehicular combat because of the bouncing of all bullets. off every tank. No gears etc for different terrain types.
Dunno it just feels wrong, sure you can hit locations where it wont bounce and then all you need to do is hit it some more till the life meter adds up to 0% and your tank is dead.

I hope that the next game that probably still will have vehicles i guess, will have better physics and penetration stuff. Together with some delay of changing position/getting in and out of a tank.

Upvote 0