• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Publishing deal for boxed version!

[RO]Wilsonam said:
Apart from just negotiating the box deal, one of the reasons for shifting the release back is to give ourselves a little head room to add in some extra functionality that had been requested :)

And, no, not telling you what just yet, so don't ask!

I'll make you dinner sometime if it's bullet penetration :)
Yeah, I'm a decent cook... (don't freud that word, you naughty boy)

Upvote 0
Currently the plan is to allow offline play against the AI without needing an internet connection. That way if your playing somewhere that you don't have internet (on a laptop on an airplane, out mongolia, etc), then you will still be able to play. To activate the game, and to play online however, you'll need an internet connection and Steam.

Upvote 0
REZ said:
Linux binaries??? those poor guys, on the outside looking in
sad110pm.gif
Why not?

What about a boxed-version of Ostfront for Linux and/or Mac without the Steam client?
Yes, you do have to create a small Steam connection emulator to play Ostfront on Steam networks but it should be possible.
You could also fit it with an auto-updater eachtime you start the game...

I recall something about Half-Life for Macintosh and Linux x86?

Anyway, maybe when Valve decides to create a Linux and/or Mac Steam client you could update the older versions of Ostfront Mac/Linux edition.

If Tripwire could manage this... I respect you even more! :D

Imagine, those Linux/Mac gamers can only play some of id Software's/Epic's games and some other loot.
If they could only play Ostfront too... :D

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
And, no, not telling you what just yet, so don't ask!

Just to satisfy our curiousity, can you tell us what functions were added *after* the game's release?!

Anyways, congrats on the publishing deal Tripwire! You guys deserve it.

My only dillema is ROOST comes out the same month as the new Camera I want.... which toy to waste my time on?!

Upvote 0
teidon said:
So, there's going to be a Linux client then? :D

Nice news anyways. :)

Poly said "purchase" not anything about "play." I'm sure Tripwire will happily take all the money us linux folks want to send there way.

Congrats on the great news! I'm glad to see that many of the worldwide fans without credit cards will be able to buy the game.

Upvote 0
SgtH3nry3 said:
Why not?

What about a boxed-version of Ostfront for Linux and/or Mac without the Steam client?
Yes, you do have to create a small Steam connection emulator to play Ostfront on Steam networks but it should be possible.
You could also fit it with an auto-updater eachtime you start the game...

I recall something about Half-Life for Macintosh and Linux x86?

Anyway, maybe when Valve decides to create a Linux and/or Mac Steam client you could update the older versions of Ostfront Mac/Linux edition.

If Tripwire could manage this... I respect you even more! :D

Imagine, those Linux/Mac gamers can only play some of id Software's/Epic's games and some other loot.
If they could only play Ostfront too... :D

I highly doubt that Tripwire would produce a linux/mac version of the game without Valve releasing a linux/mac Steam client. Would seem to be bad form to reward your customers for bypassing your publishing partner... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0