• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Publishing deal for boxed version!

Publishing deal for boxed version!

BOLD GAMES TO PUBLISH $1,000,000 CONTEST WINNER

RED ORCHESTRA: OSTFRONT 41-45 COMING TO YOUR PC THIS MARCH

MINNEAPOLIS, MN - January, 24 - Destineer Publishing's Bold label has announced today a global publishing agreement with Tripwire Interactive, winners of the NVIDIA $1,000,000 Make Something Unreal Contest, that will bring the highly-anticipated World War II first-person shooter: Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 to PCs this March.

Based on the most highly-acclaimed mod ever made, Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is now a full-featured, stand-alone World War II game that brings players to the frontlines of Eastern European combat during the height of World War II. Players choose from 28 infantry weapons or crew one of 14 detailed vehicles on the Russian Front between 1941-45. The combination of roles across more than one dozen maps, based on real-world locations and battles, allows Red Orchestra to finally achieve its goal of delivering a full first-person, World War II infantry and vehicle combat simulation.

Red Orchestra originally won the NVIDIA $1,000,000 Make Something Unreal Contest. Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is a new game, built on Epic Games' Unreal

Now we're talkin'.
cabbagepatch7dt.gif

Upvote 0
gonzman said:
Is Australia included in the list of placed to recieve the boxed version? never seen anything with Bold Games written on it here in Australia and I work in the gaming department of a very large electronics chain here.

Also, Is it still coming out on Steam?

It will still be coming out on Steam as well. But no date or price has been announced for the Steam Release

Upvote 0
FAQ will be posted on the website shortly, but:

FAQ will be posted on the website shortly, but:

1. The Destineer signing is a worldwide distribution deal.
2. The game will be distributed simultaneously via Steam.
3. You will still need Steam and a Steam account (costs nothing) to authenticate and play; but you obviously won't have to download the game from Steam!

Upvote 0
gonzman said:
Is Australia included in the list of placed to recieve the boxed version? never seen anything with Bold Games written on it here in Australia and I work in the gaming department of a very large electronics chain here.

Also, Is it still coming out on Steam?
I guess that depends if it is getting ordered by those Companies.

IIRC, then the DEVs mentioned that they will get the Boxed Edition out in addition to the Steam Deal. Since not everyone has a Credit Card and thus would be unable to get the Game via Steam, this is mostly for non US Residents i guess.

EDIT
Wilsonam was faster :(

Upvote 0