• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation [PREVIEW] MinionWorkz Vehicle Pack

Slyk

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2006
www.after-hourz.com
By now everyone knows that we have a great team working on a pretty big custom vehicle pack. We have talked about the content and shown a little bit of each vehicle now and then. As we near completion of the project, I want to get some more teaser information out to the community. We are working to finalize the models, textures, and code and hope to release in a couple weeks. Of course, like all mod groups, release depends on everyone's schedules and availability.

As a preview, we have two screenshots, one of the "Allies" vehicle pack and one for the "Axis". Enjoy and for the mappers out there, start thinking how you can incorporate some of these new toys!

Credits to:
Models: Tman, Captain Obvious, TT33, Lex, TWI
Skins: Captain Obvious, Zoring, Lex, TWI
Code: Teufelhund

Thanks to the "Darkest Hour" team and anyone I may have omitted on the credits, please let me know if I have. Thanks!

MWz_Allies_v2_8x6.jpg

MWz_Axis_v2_8x6.jpg

looks nice, i am really looking forward to this pack. Good work!
But where is the Stug E ?
I thought that CO also made an E version.

I changed the StuG E project to the StuG B, since having the Ausf. B would allow mappers to put the short-barrel StuG in earlier war maps. At this point, I don't think it would make much sense to have both a B and E model (In respect to the amount of time it takes to make a single vehicle), a single short-barrel StuG will suffice, IMO. Now the only real StuG that is missing is the Ausf. G ;).

Upvote 0
Slyk, the models look great. I can't wait to see the animations and how they play. :D
How long did this stuff take you guys?

Since February 2007. We had Captain Obvious and TT33 join the team along the way. We originally hoped to release the KV1 and StuG last August but the package grew and so did the fix list etc. It is no secret that these things take a lot more time than most realize, mainly due to having two or three guys work on various parts.

The guns are floating a couple units, I didn't re-align them to the ground. All vehicles cast shadows.

We're excited too. I've been working on these guys nerves for months now. We all look forward to a release.

Upvote 0