• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Preferred Areas TWI Should Concentrate On For ROHOS

Preferred Areas TWI Should Concentrate On For ROHOS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
''Altered with another mode.'' The grammar there really does not lead to another possibility of change outside a new mode.....

And even if it did, we have no way to vote for that if we would like some else a little bit more as well. So If I want new content 100% and the multiplayer campaing 90%, I can only pick one. And the poll already has it's results heavily skewed, and made meaningless, besides telling us that people like new content.

Again from the post, highlighted in Orange for you...

(This option is probably open to the most debate and interpretation. I will apologize in advance if I do not get it quite right in this opening post.) This choice means that a new mode is created, or an existing mode is altered/replaced with another mode that some would say makes the gameplay more authentic or perhaps more like a simulation. It includes altered weapon choices, weapon handling changes, and possibly other changes to gameplay mechanics.

As you can see, it says an existing mode is altered, with the "/" meaning "or", then continues with replaced with another mode. The explanation states it can be a new mode, a replacement mode, or you can alter (which means change) elements of a current mode with regards to gameplay, weapons etc.

It really is a shame you seem to want to turn this into some sort of contest. There is no winner here, no envelope handed to the developers forcing them "do" the choice that receives the highest percentage. I was curious as to what people thought overall and many have given their opinions on all of the options, and that is a good thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Poll options should clearly reflect what they stand for. The 3rd poll option clearly makes note of a new mode. So, if you claim option 3 also includes changes without introducing new modes, then your option 3 is worded in a very misleading and confusing manner. The fact that numerous posters have expressed their feeling regarding a missing poll option shows this is indeed the case.

Perhaps it could have been worded better, but I was limited with space and I did offer further explanation in the opening post since I knew it was open to interpretation, without it getting wordy to where people would skip it.

This somehow reminds me of government elections, where some of the populace base their votes on 'sound bites' (poll option) and don't look into the issues (poll explanation in opening post). Not saying you are like that Proud God, you post alot so I know you must be reading everything else as well, but for the others, makes you wonder.

Perhaps you should be blaming the people who vote for a choice without reading :p :D

Upvote 0
As you can see, it says an existing mode is altered, with the "/" meaning "or", then continues with replaced with another mode. The explanation states it can be a new mode, a replacement mode, or you can alter (which means change) elements of a current mode with regards to gameplay, weapons etc.

It really is a shame you seem to want to turn this into some sort of contest. There is no winner here, no envelope handed to the developers forcing them "do" the choice that receives the highest percentage. I was curious as to what people thought overall and many have given their opinions on all of the options, and that is a good thing.
For what it's worth, I don't feel the option sufficiently conveys the types of tweaks proposed in Sarkis' now closed poll thread. Suggesting "adding or replacing modes" instead of "tweaking or altering" will likely yield entirely different connotations.

Upvote 0
For what it's worth, I don't feel the option sufficiently conveys the types of tweaks proposed in Sarkis' now closed poll thread. Suggesting "adding or replacing modes" instead of "tweaking or altering" will likely yield entirely different connotations.

Sarkis started that poll AFTER this poll was created (perhaps as some weird rivalry :confused: ), but option 3 wasn't specifically about his proposals, it was about changes in general. It could be for those who agree with his all his suggested changes (from his many repetitive polls and threads), some of them, or for other people who have different changes in mind. It was all inclusive :)

Upvote 0
Yeah I know, I read your post but I want the option of not doing new content. Work on things they're already announced, but no one wants a new mode. In short, your poll is poor.

Work on things they already announced, such as what was advertised for the game; MP Campaign etc? IF so, that would be option 1, but perhaps I misunderstand you.

As far as the option to not do new content, you would prefer a choice be that TWI concentrate on NOT working on content? Again, I must be misunderstanding you...

If you want to get technical, you could probably come up with a poll list a mile long, I tried to narrow it down to some of the major ones I thought :)

Upvote 0
ouch this game.
The multiplayer gamemodes are horribly dated and playing them over and over again, with the same tactics every round (because spawn locations are always the same), in only a handful of maps, is plain boring. Other gamemodes have been suggested but tw stuck with the same old same old stuff we played a thousand times already in other games even.

I can't be bothered with this game anymore. Might take a look at the mods but even those are very likely based on the same tired gamemodes, just with new content.
Sure i believe and respect all the 'realisticly' modeled utyrt22743's and weapons and what have you, but if they go for the fixed locations attack defend stuff again, it's on the road to boring. No replay value. Just the same patterns.

+1

Upvote 0

open sarkis thread and put him back in again. We need a "voice" like him and his opponents in this community. So they can discuss all of it.
But we need both sides of the story. Come back Sarkis!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I feel sorry for Moe, 'e's a nice enuff guy that shouldn't of been jumped at so much.

I voted 2 (don't shoot me!). I want the promised light tanks, I want the transport vehicles (looks like it's been completely given over to Blitzkrieg Bob & co.?) and new mapp0rz. And then I want flamethrowers, after Jap mod is out.

Upvote 0
I really want more content and for Tripwire to add some of the contest winning maps and the ones that are really good as official maps in updates.

Seriously I have been playing on Mikes server when it has a decent amount of players because a lot of the top servers I see don't have any custom maps or just like 1.

Tripwire please add the really good maps as official because it's really annoying, would love to see all the servers running custom maps.

Like I do wish a lot more of the game was realistic and such but jesus how long as it been? and servers still aren't putting up the custom maps to keep people interested.

So while I do prefer if we get a more realistic and authentic experience it's hard to keep playing when your playing the same old stock maps that aren't that fun over and over again. (Besides Fallen Fighters as that never gets old and always fun)

thread had some interesting discussion going on, shouldn't have been locked.

Agreed

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thread had some interesting discussion going on, shouldn't have been locked.

Discussion??? You mean these two? (besides from the OP)
YES! YES!

No more modes por flavor. Just fix stuff.

Yes. Core gameplay improvements need some love.

What's so different about the discussion here? Besides, he already had an active poll about the same topic. If we would allow people to restart every thread/poll only 1 week after the previous one, then how do you think the forum would look like?

Upvote 0
I really would like to make some custom stuff for RO2 but I have no idea where to start! :confused:

Here are a few places that might be worth checking out (wherein you ought to find a few more links with general UE3 tutorials):

RO2 Modification Resource Thread

Modding guide by Susi

UE3 (and RO:HoS) Modding Guidelines

General Map Performance Guidelines

RO2 Level Design Basics Explained

RO2:HoS Level Design TWI wiki page

These places might be like somewhere to start, I guess.

Upvote 0