• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pre-purchase RO2 on Steam!

Ye me too. That's why it's a shame we can't play beta yet. Im on a diving trip to Egypt from 13th to 29th , so I bought the DDE that I can play the game right now in Beta and don't have to wait for the late public open beta.... Really disappointed in the beta policy of TWI

Perhaps you should have checked when the Beta would begin for the DDE Edition customers. I don't think anyone else understood they'd be playing it right away, I certainly didn't understand that. I'm expecting it 1-2 weeks before release.

Upvote 0
The offer said that we would get early beta access. The beta is running for ages now so I logically thought that we'd instantly get a key, because the beta version is already there and doesnt have to be created or something.

Kinda ridiculous. What you wanna do with a beta 2 weeks before release? They cant change nothing in that time

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
Ye me too. That's why it's a shame we can't play beta yet. Im on a diving trip to Egypt from 13th to 29th , so I bought the DDE that I can play the game right now in Beta and don't have to wait for the late public open beta.... Really disappointed in the beta policy of TWI

I fail to see where it says on the pre-order page that you get to play in the beta right away?

It's not tripwire's fault that you didn't read. Also it's not their fault that you are going to be in another country prior to release...

Upvote 0
The offer said and still says: You get beta access

Beta is running already and that for ages

Logical conclusion --> After purchase you instantly get a key to participate in the already ongoing beta test.

Every other solution is unlogical. Why let people wait if the beta is already there? It doesnt need to be created or something, ITS THERE ALREADY so why we aint testing?! Thats just bs

Upvote 0
The offer said and still says: You get beta access

Beta is running already and that for ages

Logical conclusion --> After purchase you instantly get a key to participate in the already ongoing beta test.

Every other solution is unlogical. Why let people wait if the beta is already there? It doesnt need to be created or something, ITS THERE ALREADY so why we aint testing?! Thats just bs

A logical person might wonder why they say this:

Access to the final phase of closed beta before the August 30th launch.
That could mean they aren't in the final phase right now.

Your so called "logic" makes no sense. It's like saying "hey there's a pretty girl in the room, why can't I sleep with her? She's there, so why can't I?".

Upvote 0
"hey there's a pretty girl in the room, why can't I sleep with her? She's there, so why can't I?"

There are only 2 answers for this one... a) she has a boyfriend and b) she doesn't have the organ necessary for it

Final phase of a Beta is normally reached 2 months before release so that the final stress testing and bug fixing can begin. Less than a month to release to final phase should be started long ago...

Upvote 0
"hey there's a pretty girl in the room, why can't I sleep with her? She's there, so why can't I?"

There are only 2 answers for this one... a) she has a boyfriend and b) she doesn't have the organ necessary for it

c) She doesn't like you at all.
d) You have no penis.
e) She is dead.
f) She is a hallucination.
g) She is not in the mood.
h) She is your sister.
i) She is not drunk enough yet.
etc
etc
etc

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Well I'm glad you aren't in the IT field (at least I hope you aren't) because you'd be terrible at your job.

Upvote 0
Red Orchestra 2 : Heroes of Stalingrad, Low Violence Version available for pre-order on Steam, WHY! WHY! WHY! I will not be buying this! Australia has just introduced the R18+ classification for Games and you release the Low Violence version of this great game. A total turn off for any Australian RO2 buyer off Steam, somebody explain a possible solution to avoid this crap.

the only other way u could get it is if a person (thats not from germany or austrialia ) gifts you ro2.

just don't get scammed lol

Upvote 0
- The offer said that we would get early beta access.
-What you wanna do with a beta 2 weeks before release? They cant change nothing in that time

They already said a couple of times that the beta with 20.000 keys (dunno which phase it was) will be held when nearly 100% of the game is done and bugfree.
Moreover, as you said. The beta is already started, so they don't have to change a lot in two weeks.

"But mommy, I want the lollipop now, it has been in your pocket for the whole ten minutes now, you have it, why can't I get it. Doesn't make sense mommy"

Couldn't resist paraphrasing my niche

Reactions: barakas
Upvote 0
My finger hovered over the add to cart button, ready to stamp down, before I read, in small orange text:

Low violence version. :eek:

What. The. ****. :mad:
NOPE, steam, you get no sale from me until I can get the ACTUAL game, not this ****.

sorry TWI, but I wan't to play YOUR game, If you put a system in and they have taken it out, I want it back.

Any way to get around this?? :(

Vote.

Reactions: Capt.Marion
Upvote 0