• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Practice mode when??

theking

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 14, 2011
When will there be a practice mode available? Do not confuse this with the campaign.

private_douglas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 30, 2011
www.heroesofstalingrad.com
When will there be a practice mode available?
I do not know. But in the meantime, you can type the following into the console to open up a game with bots, which is pretty good practice.

open TE-spartanovka?minplayers=32

You can change out map/map-type and the 32 to suite your wants. (And you open the console with F3 or ~)

Also, if someone from tripwire is on here or someone who knows such things: if there is an option to set difficulty (like you can in campaign) using this console command, please let us know.

Reactions: Defekt

fafner

FNG / Fresh Meat

[TW]Swag

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2009
Yonder, Georgia
OPEN [MAP NAME]?Minplayers=X?Maxplayers=Y?Difficulty=Z

X : [Minplayers]number of players at least this amount (fill with AI until humans show up)

Y : [Maxplayers] {16/32/64}number of players that will be maximum. This loads a specific objective configuration for that player load.

NOTE
: 16, 32, and 64 players modes can have completely different map setups such as Pavlov's House 16 player. It's a traditional attack/defend, without tanks suited, for 16 players whereas the 32 and 64 player is a so-called "Neutral Based" configuration.

Z : [Difficulty] {0-3}
0 = Easy
1 = Normal
2 = Battle Hardened
3 = Hero

Cpt-Praxius

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 12, 2005
Canadian in Australia
OPEN [MAP NAME]?Minplayers=X?Maxplayers=Y?Difficulty=Z

X : [Minplayers]number of players at least this amount (fill with AI until humans show up)

Y : [Maxplayers] {16/32/64}number of players that will be maximum. This loads a specific objective configuration for that player load.

NOTE: 16, 32, and 64 players modes can have completely different map setups such as Pavlov's House 16 player. It's a traditional attack/defend, without tanks suited, for 16 players whereas the 32 and 64 player is a so-called "Neutral Based" configuration.

Z : [Difficulty] {0-4}
0 = Easy
1 = Normal
2 = Battle Hardened
3 = Hero

Cool thanks for the additional details I wasn't aware of (difficulty settings)

But just to be a nit picky jerk, is it supposed to be 0-3 or is there a 4th setting you didn't mention? ;)

Sifer2

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
4 just makes all bots pretend to be the hull gunner an headshot you on the other side of the map. :p

wooki

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 22, 2011
hhgallery.blogspot.com
Big thanks here too. I stopped using the maxplayer-string since I thought it was just to set playerslot cap. Good to know. Oh and the difficulty setting was unknown for me. Wonderful! :)

theking

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 14, 2011
How can i make it a ranked server? I want to bayonet bots :/

Last edited:

Dr.Atkins

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 9, 2009
This should be implemented to the UI like in RO1 so no one needs to hassle with command stuff just be able to practice some. Yeah, i know that copy pasting isn't that difficult to most of us but still the feature would be nice to see in the future.

wooki

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 22, 2011
hhgallery.blogspot.com
This should be implemented to the UI like in RO1 so no one needs to hassle with command stuff just be able to practice some. Yeah, i know that copy pasting isn't that difficult to most of us but still the feature would be nice to see in the future.
Agreed. But by now I can start up locals in my sleep anyway. Would propably take longer in a menu :)