• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please don't stack Axis this free weekend

I believe Axis-stacking is a real and serious problem on all servers.

I've been playing a ton lately thanks to limited class schedule, and it is apparent on almost every server I play. 2fjg, 29ID, you name it. The only exception being the Russian servers (which happen to have the most fair-games). Axis is always filled up to or beyond the balance-cap and Allies (be it on offense or defense) are always down 2-3 players. This alone shows the apparent favoring to Axis in my eyes. And this occurs on almost every game.

The matches themselves are 9/10 times a steamroll for Axis; I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen Allies win Campaign (hint-hint it's less than 3) versus the hundreds of times for Axis.

There's a few reasonings I cannot imagine for this:
-First, Axis are given access to the MKB, C96, MG34 and Mg42 (the latter which has been a nightmare for Allies), all of which foster greater appeal than Soviet equipment
-Second, many veteran players exclusively use the above weapons and will not consider anything else. I know quite a few names that now only use the MG42 and MKB in every game I have ever played with them and it makes me sick.
-Third, there's a dedicated group of players who will by no means play Allies. Why? Maybe for the reasons stated above as Axis have some sort of forbidden-fruit appeal over Allies.
-Third, the maps are imbalanced and mostly favor Axis, i.e. Bridges, Myshkova, Commissars, Winterwald ect. The only ones that seem to favor Allies predominently are Apartments and Pavlovs, maybe a few others

It's getting to the point where it makes me aggravated to always be stuck with Allies. My rule is to always pick the losing team or one with less players, and this is 9/10 times Allies. I've advocated for awhile for throwing away the team-selection and making it auto--pick by default, but I doubt any of the people who Axis-stack or the servers that host these games will be for it.

You can take from it what you will. I've racked up over 660hours playing this game and have been here since Day-1, so I'd like to believe in the validity of my posts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As I mentioned before, ppl are fking darn tired of being Allies. Call of Duty and Medal of Honor, any game from City Interactive have pitted you against Axis. Open google and type in "CoD Axis SP" or "CoD German SP" or even "BiA Axis campaign", people have had enough of killing Germans, it's been 15 years with them as enemies.

I do play both sides though.

Maps and favoring one team, hm, not so sure on that one.
Many maps simply require teamplay to achieve victory.

Bridges f.ex., make good use of the tank and cover your infantry and vice versa. You are through that map in no time.

Commissars has been greatly balanced, some parts strongly in favor of Allies. Just think of the trench that is ending very close towards the water refinery. Now you hardly even need smoke nades if you do this correctly.

Apartments is a joke of a map, it hardly resembles the atmosphere Danzig had and I have been trying to recreate this but my mapping skills are not sufficient yet.

I admit I level'd the MkB42 to 50, but since over a year I'm only using the MP40 with single mag, as the 64 version was too rare.

Yes, the MG34 and MG42 are indeed strong weapons, no doubt, but back in RO Ostfront and Combined Arms I can't remember anyone complaining and there was not even this enemy loadout per default.
Weapons were chosen by the mapper and it was good that way. Sadly TWI threw this overboard.

How I wish this was introduced again.

Upvote 0

I play also as Soviet and it's only prevalent, if it exists, on 1 server that people refuse to leave on campaign which I would not expect a 'balanced' match on anyway as players flock to the winning side not to mention the whole switcheroo on maps that have been tested using teams in fixed positions.

Not a problem on all servers, I can join any normal server and win as Soviets just as much as I can win as Axis, if it exists it's on campaign servers.

Upvote 0
Aahahahahah what the **** bro :D Thats new! I thought Apartments is considered the biggest meat grinder in the game (for the Allies by default since they are the default attackers) but I guess some people think otherwise.

Have you played Apartments recently? Especially on Campaign?

I saw Allies steamroll that map in less than 3 minutes some 2 weeks ago. The rate at which allies capture the points, coupled with the huge reinforcement advantage they have of Axis, forces the German team to either accept defeat in 5 minutes or run out of tickets in 8 minutes.

There are certainly a few other Allies-favoring maps, but they are difficult to discern with Axis stacking and Campaign mode.

As I mentioned before, ppl are fking darn tired of being Allies. Call of Duty and Medal of Honor, any game from City Interactive have pitted you against Axis. Open google and type in "CoD Axis SP" or "CoD German SP" or even "BiA Axis campaign", people have had enough of killing Germans, it's been 15 years with them as enemies.

I think you take the topic way beyond the extent of what it actually is in RO2.
I'll agree that there has never been enough Axis single-player games in the past decade, but there is a reason for this: demand fosters supply. Nobody in 1999 USA or EU said "Man, I want to play German so I can shoot Americans/Russians/Brits" (Well, maybe a few did for odd reasons). Back then, you would have been taken for crazy because those perspectives were taboo in many countries. For that matter, who would want to play BiA as Germans in 1944? There is less material to work with; Axis at this point were not doing well and playing defensively. There were no spectacles like blowing up bunkers or advancing into trenches/bases or storming beaches for Germans like there were for Allies. And those are the things the industry thought (and rightfully so thanks to Saving Private Ryan) people wanted to play.

To be frank, I've never cared about being able to play German in COD. I could play German in multiplayer, but it didn't quite matter as both sides had access to all the guns, and that was all that really mattered. The skins didn't play a role, much like how nobody cares about playing OPFORCE or USA in the new CODs.

Yes, the MG34 and MG42 are indeed strong weapons, no doubt, but back in RO Ostfront and Combined Arms I can't remember anyone complaining and there was not even this enemy loadout per default.

Nobody complained in RO1/CA about the MG34/42 because you weren't able to hipfire them back then and maintain accuracy. Playing MG back then made you a vulnerable target in most cases.

Weapons were chosen by the mapper and it was good that way. Sadly TWI threw this overboard.

This is completely false. Mappers have complete control on the number of classes allowed per map and the weapons they use and the servers have the option to turn off enemy loadouts. Many custom maps (if not all) make use of this feature.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is completely false. Mappers have complete control on the number of classes allowed per map and the weapons they use and the servers have the option to turn off enemy loadouts. Many custom maps (if not all) make use of this feature.

Weapons and classes were fully customizable/interchangeable in ROOST for the mapper; any weapon for any class with any amount of ammo, extremely easy to do just select. Most mappers were responsible and left off later year weapons for early year maps and mostly kept the correct weapons with the correct classes.

That simply isn't so with RO2.

Upvote 0
Weapons and classes were fully customizable/interchangeable in ROOST for the mapper; any weapon for any class with any amount of ammo, extremely easy to do just select. Most mappers were responsible and left off later year weapons for early year maps and mostly kept the correct weapons with the correct classes.

That simply isn't so with RO2.

While I'm not sure about regulating ammo (or what purpose this would have?), you can certainly alter the loadouts and only provide early/late year weapons for custom maps. At least, in RS you can.

Ever notice on Guadalcanal how Allies-MG gunners get BARs instead of 1919s? Or how the M1-Garand is not available to riflemen as it is early war?

Upvote 0
While I'm not sure about regulating ammo (or what purpose this would have?), you can certainly alter the loadouts and only provide early/late year weapons for custom maps. At least, in RS you can.

Ever notice on Guadalcanal how Allies-MG gunners get BARs instead of 1919s? Or how the M1-Garand is not available to riflemen as it is early war?

I think you've misunderstood Moe. If I wanted a defense of Moscow map I could have all the Riflemen outfitted with SVT's and three mags tops or have a map where the German assault class armed with the PPSh or PPD with no option for the Mp-40 etc etc.

RS has a early war load out and a later war load out. Can't customize it period.

Upvote 0

But yet still get their M2 flamethrowers that weren't made until 1943 and weren't issued on Guadalcanal, and even if they were, they wouldn't be used on defense!

The M1919A6 that's in the game wasn't even used in the Pacific in any considerable numbers. And the Marines didn't have too many M1903A1s either. Nor did the army for that matter as they had a surplus of straight stocks on hand that they did not want to throw away. Most of those pistol grip stocks ended up being used on the M1903A4 sniper rifles, which funny enough is in the game even when some maps are Marines (which never got the A4) and some maps are Army (which never got the Marine M1941 sniper rifle).

I really wish this game would try to be more historically accurate, but they change things for fan service (I.E. Mkb42(H) and gameplay issues (M1919A6).

Upvote 0

Regulating ammo could be for maps where low supply is important.

Obviously to a minor extent you can tweak things, but you could go crazy full retard with whatever loadouts to whatever classes in ROOST.

Upvote 0
Regulating ammo could be for maps where low supply is important.

Obviously to a minor extent you can tweak things, but you could go crazy full retard with whatever loadouts to whatever classes in ROOST.

I think you've misunderstood Moe. If I wanted a defense of Moscow map I could have all the Riflemen outfitted with SVT's and three mags tops or have a map where the German assault class armed with the PPSh or PPD with no option for the Mp-40 etc etc.

RS has a early war load out and a later war load out. Can't customize it period.

I understand your points.

Regarding ammunition; I don't feel a limitation on how many mags/clips you have would really provide much of a difference.
For instance; if you did have some sort of Stalingrad-defense map where all/some riflemen were allotted only 3 clips/mags, it is doubtful that the average RO2 player would be able to expend all of them before dying. With a K/D of about 2.00 for experienced players, that only amounts to maybe for 4 or 5 rounds with a riflemen before death. I know when I play riflemen, I can usually get 4-5 kills before I am knocked out, usually reloading only once or twice.

I'll admit it would be an interesting feature to have, but all practicality of it in RO2 isn't much compared to RO1 where weapons were much less accurate and difficult to handle. FWIW, I can't think of any Ostfront maps where I was only given >5 clips as a riflemen.

Upvote 0

I've been playing a ton lately thanks to limited class schedule, and it is apparent on almost every server I play. 2fjg, 29ID, you name it. The only exception being the Russian servers (which happen to have the most fair-games). Axis is always filled up to or beyond the balance-cap and Allies (be it on offense or defense) are always down 2-3 players. This alone shows the apparent favoring to Axis in my eyes. And this occurs on almost every game.

The matches themselves are 9/10 times a steamroll for Axis; I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen Allies win Campaign (hint-hint it's less than 3) versus the hundreds of times for Axis.

There's a few reasonings I cannot imagine for this:
-First, Axis are given access to the MKB, C96, MG34 and Mg42 (the latter which has been a nightmare for Allies), all of which foster greater appeal than Soviet equipment
-Second, many veteran players exclusively use the above weapons and will not consider anything else. I know quite a few names that now only use the MG42 and MKB in every game I have ever played with them and it makes me sick.
-Third, there's a dedicated group of players who will by no means play Allies. Why? Maybe for the reasons stated above as Axis have some sort of forbidden-fruit appeal over Allies.
-Third, the maps are imbalanced and mostly favor Axis, i.e. Bridges, Myshkova, Commissars, Winterwald ect. The only ones that seem to favor Allies predominently are Apartments and Pavlovs, maybe a few others

It's getting to the point where it makes me aggravated to always be stuck with Allies. My rule is to always pick the losing team or one with less players, and this is 9/10 times Allies. I've advocated for awhile for throwing away the team-selection and making it auto--pick by default, but I doubt any of the people who Axis-stack or the servers that host these games will be for it.

You can take from it what you will. I've racked up over 660hours playing this game and have been here since Day-1, so I'd like to believe in the validity of my posts.

Thank you for your post. You speak 100% truth and I am glad that someone else also sees it this way.

It is a wonder why TWI don't see the clear balance problem in RO2.

Something really needs to be done. It's killing the game.

Not even close.

Bridges, Commissar's House, Rakowice, Stalingrad Kessel are much, much worse.

Yep. These maps are terrible.

Upvote 0
Can't say I have observed Axis stacking on the Aussie / NZ servers but I do notice a lot of the veterans will head towards a side on a map they know is more likely to win. Tends to be the attacking side but not exclusively.

Not saying it is a major problem because there is also a bunch of veterans, like me, that like to spoil their party as much as possible.

Can be difficult with so much arty. You just need a TL coordinating with about 5 or 6 others to steam roll a map with arty.

I liked RO1's limited number of arty strikes.

Also spawn on TL gets a good workout. Perhaps there should be a limited number of spawn on SL per SL life. At times I have seen a SL almost two caps behind the main battle spewing out troops.

Not saying Im against spawn on SL but I reckon it could be limited in number or have a longer cool off that players spawning on points one or two. (I might raise this in a separate thread actually).

Upvote 0
Stalingrad Kessel is fairly balanced map.

Kessel is best map if you ask me

What parallel dimension are you guys playing in?

Oh, that's right - the kind where you only ever play Axis and only ever experiencing attacking on Kessel on a stacked team.

Please, learn how to judge imbalanced maps by looking for repeating situations which occur regardless of team skill and look for solutions.

Upvote 0