• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please don't stack Axis this free weekend

Spetz

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 25, 2012
Travelling
Every free weekend it's always the same: the veterans play Axis (Germans) and the new players get forced to play Allies (Russians) leading to incredibly imbalanced teams.

The new players then get totally dominated, have no fun, quit the game and never come back.

This is bad for the community.

So please, if you usually play Axis, change teams for this free weekend if you would like the game to prosper.

Equally, if you see Germans being dominated (very unlikely, but possible) please help to even the teams up. In case you are not aware, the only acceptable team player count difference is ONE. Any more than that and the teams are unfair.

Thanks.

Several reasons for stacking Axis happens:

1) People are fking fed up always playing as the Allies in videogames. Since the very first Call of Duty came out back in 2003 I wished for an Axis campaign along with the Allied ones. It didn't happen to this very day that a shooter came out with a full fledged scripted campaign depicting WWII from Axis perspective. Look at CoD multiplayer on WWII era, Axis is almost always bursting with people.

2) MG42, yes, this mg is still considered a brand new weapon and actually everyone wants to rattle around with it, some want their belt fed asap so they need to play Germans, especially as a free weekend is coming up, you are urged to as all these newcomers will make excellent targets.

3) I experienced it several times that newcomers all joined the Red Army. They did it out of the simple yet dumb belief that Allies always win, that's the way CoD's SP works: stupid Germans, heroic Red Army sweeping through the levels.
So it's either join Axis or spectate the match, I personally choose the first one and play the game, resulting in an vet stack on Axis.

But now here it comes, if you manage to join the Red Army and the newcomers join Axis, it's the same in reverse, people will whine about vet stacking on Allies.
I always advise them that if they want stupid Germans and Russians they need to play CoD also they don't die as quickly if they play on Greenhorn. ;):rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Thanks mate! :) Yet I already played this one and first time I did I still had the Axis SP mod running, resulting in my allies being German and me being allies again, yet the enemy (Soviets) did not fire at me and I went through the level with melee only. :D

I still dream of a game like Brothers in Arms from German perspective.
Tripwire could do that, they have done the first step towards a German SP.

Upvote 0
1) People are fking fed up always playing as the Allies in videogames. Since the very first Call of Duty came out back in 2003 I wished for an Axis campaign along with the Allied ones. It didn't happen to this very day that a shooter came out with a full fledged scripted campaign depicting WWII from Axis perspective. Look at CoD multiplayer on WWII era, Axis is almost always bursting with people.

This. A million times this. I've never understood the stubborn refusal of game devs in making an axis side to SP. There is clearly a demand for it and the continual focus on allied SP feels like perpetuated propaganda and actually cheapens the experience of playing the allies, IMHO. In any case, if you are not adverse to putting up with ArmA2 engine's bugs, I suggest trying out the German SP campaign in Iron Front: Liberation 1944. You can play the campaign with native voices (and subtitles) and when there aren't any bugs it is very immersive and fun.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

Upvote 0
Another nice thing for tk's is German Commander with PPSh41 on maps like Apartments or Grain Elevator. As SMG slots are precious here and there is not use of the recon plane you naturally join the fight and make use of your moral boost to friendlies.
There is at least one Axis player who shoots you. Best are those who wound you, you run for cover and bandage, you reemerge and BAAAMM there was the potato masher. Hallelujah! :D

My absolute favourite however are friendly snipers who wound you, you crash the ground, bandage and whilst bandaging they shoot you again, sometimes I manage to bandage after bandaging and then the third round sets me up for respawn. How the hell is that possible? You clearly see the helmet is German or Soviet, why do you pull the trigger a second time?

Upvote 0
But now here it comes, if you manage to join the Red Army and the newcomers join Axis, it's the same in reverse, people will whine about vet stacking on Allies.
I always advise them that if they want stupid Germans and Russians they need to play CoD also they don't die as quickly if they play on Greenhorn. ;):rolleyes:

In case you didn't read, I am a proponent of fair teams. I don't like stacking on either team:

Equally, if you see Germans being dominated (very unlikely, but possible) please help to even the teams up.

I think it's clear that Axis stacking is more common, so I focused on that.

This problem exists only on European servers. Play on Russian / US servers.

It exists on basically all servers I have played on in the USA and Europe. Russian servers are were the closest games have been because the teams are most likely to be fair...

Upvote 0
I did notice a ton of low-level new players. But really lately there have been more than I remember a year ago for instance.

Definitely a good thing. And for the most part, they are trying to do whats right. Only downside is seeing low-level SL1 and TL...

I Got TK'd by the tank as Allies SL1 on Bridges twice in 30 secs. Turns out he was trying to blast the barriers away so he could cross the bridge. Did I rage and Cuss him out? Of Course!... but then I switched to engineer and opened the path for him. He then drove 200 meters downrange and got destroyed by at least 3 satchels. All part of learning the game I guess...:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I Got TK'd by the tank as Allies SL1 on Bridges twice in 30 secs. Turns out he was trying to blast the barriers away so he could cross the bridge. Did I rage and Cuss him out? Of Course!...

Actually, if you play this game first time you shouldnt know that you cant destroy barriers by tank HE shells. If i would play game first time i would try to destroy it with shells too.

Upvote 0