• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Playerbase is getting weaker and weaker...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So comparing ROOST and ROH we can say that ROH is a fail as it has less players than ROOST ...

Do you have any graphic for the first ROOST years ? ... I really can't remember how many players there was playing , I think 5000 are too much for the first year but I can't really remember .

When comparing ROOST and RO2 you have to consider ROOST had little to no marketing. It was a mod made game which very few people had heard about. RO2 on the other hand had huge marketing and hype generated complete with multiple trailers, interviews, and even TF2 items!

Only a few weeks from launch and RO2 was already bumping close to 700 or even 600 players at times. I would deem that a failure simply because it lost so many people in a tiny span of time.

Upvote 0
RO2 is on life support. Average # of players online these days is 2000 players plus minus 500.

RO2 might die or cling onto life for a few years due to loyal players. Nobody knows for sure.

But if the current trend continues (failure to improve in-game performance, laggy gameplay in 64-player servers, weapon unlock system that doesn't belong in this game, more competitive games being released this year, etc.), the future doesn't look too bright for RO2.

Maybe mods and expansions might bring some players back. But if the core problems of RO2 still remain even with mods/expansions (game performance issues, weapon unlock system, smgs and semis everywhere, etc.), that'll just drive the players away again and the mods/expansions will end up dividing the already small playerbase into two games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So comparing ROOST and ROH we can say that ROH is a fail as it has less players than ROOST ...

Do you have any graphic for the first ROOST years ? ... I really can't remember how many players there was playing , I think 5000 are too much for the first year but I can't really remember .

I don't have stats so it goes to where my memory brings me (which is not the most accurate source of course). I only started looking at Roost stats about a year after its release which is where the 5000 mark comes from. But tbh im not sure if it was right after an update or not. And Im not sure whether the stats were actually reported correctly, because caunting players manually based on servers gave me different numbers (even including the bots in servers).

There are always loads of factors into play so you can never say if something is a fail or not, for that time will tell. It always depends on perception. I expected HOS to do better a year ago, I just hope things will pick up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.