• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Playerbase is getting weaker and weaker...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no intention of going anywhere near singleplayer.

I actually enjoyed Space Marine's single player. The multiplayer is fun, but HIGHLY repetitive. You only get a very small number of maps and, at present, only two map modes (team deathmatch, and "seize ground").

There are also no dedicated servers for the PC version, and the matchmaking is really sub-par. Not good at all. They may fix this when they release the co-op mode (Exterminatus), but I'd say Space Marine is at most a $40 value. It's fun when it works, and especially if you get a good crew of players together, but it's definitely got some serious flaws. Still, for the right price, it's absolutely worth it.

Reactions: Graphic
Upvote 0
Same thread is same, always.

Also, it's untrue. RO2 has now a very stable active playerbase actually, with about 1k players at it's lowest point, and 4k at highest. It's in no way getting weaker, in fact it's been slowly increasing since the big patch, with many players coming back.

Yep I agree..Can't mods just close these stupid repetitive posts when they appear? :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The ping issue is my biggest complaint. The bolt-rifles are difficult as they are but with pings of 150+ they are pretty useless. In RO1 even at close range I could stand a chance against a full automatic with one shot but atm with the current lag that rarely happens.

Even on servers with 40 people you see lag spikes during artillery...though 9cakes server ran with 64 players rather smooth but it is hardly ever populated.

Upvote 0
Same thread is same, always.

Also, it's untrue. RO2 has now a very stable active playerbase actually, with about 1k players at it's lowest point, and 4k at highest. It's in no way getting weaker, in fact it's been slowly increasing since the big patch, with many players coming back.
Did you even looked at some stats (last week or since big stats patch) or do you just randomly say numbers and false facts?
Slowly increasing and players coming back? Yeah, what ever you say. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did you even looked at some stats (last week or since big stats patch) or do you just randomly say numbers and false facts?
Slowly increasing and players coming back? Yeah, what ever you say. ;)

If you take a look, you'll see that there was a slight increase at the patch time. Also, I am not throwing random numbers as I play regularly, and always watch the player count.

Since patch time, players came back, and the playerbase is becoming more stable, and you can see that in the graph, theres a little decrease in the last two days, that doesn't mean anything at all.

Upvote 0
a game with 1000 players is a dead game
a active game is a game with ladders, cups and funs for clans

a full server FFa for 3 years ? is all you need for this game ? pathetic, go play offline ...

I never were interested in clanmaches and stuff like that. I play video games for fun, not for sport. If you want to reach something, there is a realife outside the window.

Upvote 0
I think the only thing that's dying around here is a degree of intellectual honesty, and folks ability to engage critical thinking. The sim is playable; the sim is enjoyable. Some servers are active morning till night. We haven't even yet seen what will occur when the SDK is made available. This game is barely off the ground. If folks want to sit and make measurements and graphs of player activity, fine. But if you're going to do that, get a job in a marketing company and make this absurd time investment pay. Meantime; the rest of us are playing the sim.

Upvote 0
Insurgency and ROOST had player peaks under 1000 for a long time and it seemed clans enjoyed the ladders etc for quite some time there. I cant say for how long it was for ROOST, but for INS it was good for at least 1.5 year. Obviously its no 3-4 years, but you can blame that on the developers of INS that failed to continue updating it.

Roost had >5000 max players per day for about the entire first year, and >2000 max players a day for the first 3 years. But Roost retailed at 25 dollar and HOS retails at 40 dollar, so that is nearly a double price. During the first first xmas sale for L4D they sold more copies in 1 day than the entire time before that.

So if TWI manages to get things fixed and get the majority of the community in a position where they root for tripwire again, a xmas sale could do wonders.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Roost had >5000 max players per day for about the entire first year, and >2000 max players a day for the first 3 years. But Roost retailed at 25 dollar and HOS retails at 40 dollar, so that is nearly a double price. During the first first xmas sale for L4D they sold more copies in 1 day than the entire time before that.

So comparing ROOST and ROH we can say that ROH is a fail as it has less players than ROOST ...

Do you have any graphic for the first ROOST years ? ... I really can't remember how many players there was playing , I think 5000 are too much for the first year but I can't really remember .

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.