• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pick starting weapon skin

Exactly. It could even be included in the profile screen where you pick your character skin, just add the weapon skin for you to pick also. Though maybe it would be more difficult to actually overhaul that screen instead of simply having a checkbox to tick off.

Even better, maybe have a drop down menu when you select a perk and you can pick the skin for your starting weapon from there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe this can be done by extending the 0 wave time and putting a starting trader at the spawn so that you can actually buy something from the trader before the first wave comes. This change would allow your perk level to increase your amount of starting dosh rather than your spawning weapon. For example by level 5 commando you will have enough money to buy the bullpup and at 6 you will have enough to choose between the AK and the M4 depending on your preference.

Upvote 0
Maybe this can be done by extending the 0 wave time and putting a starting trader at the spawn so that you can actually buy something from the trader before the first wave comes. This change would allow your perk level to increase your amount of starting dosh rather than your spawning weapon. For example by level 5 commando you will have enough money to buy the bullpup and at 6 you will have enough to choose between the AK and the M4 depending on your preference.

that sounds like an unnecessary change. it's fine like it is.

choosing a skin for the starting weapon, yeah, why not. let people decide whether they want a normal weapon or an ugly one.

Upvote 0

This is how it was back in mod days. And I like it. In most cases I'd wish to have pistol or LAR for Shapshooter in wave 0, or pump shotgun instead of boomstick for Support.

Upvote 0
More and more weapon skins are being added, and I think it would be nice to pick what to start with. For instance, would be nice for my Commando to start with the golden AK47 instead of the plain one. Seems kind of dumb to re-buy just to use the skin.

This idea is something many people think of. I'm wondering what the developers think about it. Also I like the idea of a mutator that changes that.

Does anybody know whether some developer knows about this idea? Otherwise we could try get their attention by sending messages on their profile.

Upvote 0
More and more weapon skins are being added, and I think it would be nice to pick what to start with. For instance, would be nice for my Commando to start with the golden AK47 instead of the plain one. Seems kind of dumb to re-buy just to use the skin.
You know what chould also work?
Having a button under your weapon's profile that says change.
Say im a lvl6 Mando with a AK47, during trader time, under the Favorite tab, says switch. Swich it for the reskin and done, nothing changes, still the same ammo you had when switching.

But then again, these are just reskins, stop looking at your gun and shoot the enemy.

Upvote 0