• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Panzer IV H and STUG G variants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you going on about? Where in this thread have you seen me say 'Don't add the PzIVH because I don't want to see it in'

Also about the PzIVG, it was outfitted with the L/43 but later on the L/48 replaced it. In between that time around 1,200 were made with the L/43. So you're telling me every PzIVG from 1943 on would have the L/48? Anyways... what I can see happening is the PzIVH being added for the 1943 and on maps. While the F2 is replaced by the G but only WITH the L/43 cannon for the 1942 and on maps. But it is still up to the mapper on the tank loadouts. You might find in the future a early 1943 map, with just PzIVG (with the L/43 cannon) vs a mix of T-34s and KV-1s. Does that mean the Germans are outgunned? Not really, the L/43 is designed TOO kill T-34s and still does it very well.

Now against T-34/85's I can see the PzIVH being needed, so I am on your guys side when it comes to that.

you are totally right. The better longer guns, have been always used, cause of the better enemies.

What many forget about, is that german tanks, have been very bad. Al tanks, from the Panzer II to the Panzer IV, have in a direct comparison, not shown succes against there enemies.

In france. The Panzer III + IV in fight again tanks like the Charron B1 Bis, Charron D and, probably best french Tank Somua S35, most of the time heavier and better armored then the german tanks. But the german tactic, better equipment and training, lead them to a succses against the french military. Using tanks singly, or just with a crew of 3, sometimes even just 2 men. In some french tanks, the commander, had to main the gun, with reloading, aiming and shooting, telling the driver where to go, spoting enemy tanks AND to use the radio. Not possible.

With russia, and Africa, it was even more worst! In africa and russia, some battles have been only won, cause of the use from the 88 Flak, for ground! In Afrika, where germans, faced the Matilda II just with panzer IV Ds and III, only leaving "scratches" in its armor, some battles, have been going up/and down with destroying all matildas on the field! It was called by the brits the queen of the desert.

The new gun and slight change, for the Panzer IV, was made, cause of this, very bad experience in Afrika, as they enganged, as the first, with the new german tank, given the name Mark IV special, it was such a danger for the brits, that they ordered, to destroy this tanks with highest prioirty as soon they where sighted. How far the quantity of the new Gun (L43) realy was I have no sources about, but im sure anyone, with the Spielberger book, can give here exact details! Guderian, which was famous, for its work with tanks, was it, that ordered, from himself, that NO fight with the T34 shoud be took apart with any german tank, less armed, then with the new gun, capable, destroing the T34 from great distance.

Well, when i say, the german tanks, where bad, i of course, do not want to say, that the enemies, have been, superior, with there armor, in any way. As cause it was most of the time, with just some, units, the german tanks, just coud not realy deal with, but the wrong use, from there enemies, has give the germans a huge advantage, as like it was in france, there tanks, only in a support role for infantry, slowing them much down, while germans, used there tanks, as lone divisions, separately, from the other units, using to tear holes in enemy lines, and "fill" them up with infantry, with there main focus, to hold the ground, tanks have conquered. All with support from air as well. The blitzkrieg.

All this, "succes", has let the military leadership, assuming, that there was no new better equipment, needed realy fast on the battlefield, cause they thought, there tanks/aircrafts/infantry etc. woud already have been the top of evrything, and superior to any enemy unit! But reality was another, as KV1+2, T34, Somua and Matilda(II)s showed, and germany later, after there enemies, learned there lessons, payed thankefully the prize for. People often just see the "glorius" side of the german conquering medal (which is meant more in general,, to the internet, not realy exactly, pointing at someone here :p )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Too bad in the game its effective range is 2 metres instead of 1000... it'd be completely useless.

Same with co-axial/bow mg's. They need to be fixed. Total BS as well.
Yeah I know what you mean man I have had people bail out of their tank at like 100 yards or maybe less and just let the mg rip and it misses horribly in real life those guys would be dead in about 2 seconds those things fire at 900 rpm thats as fast as the ppsh and we all know about that thing.

Upvote 0
From what I've gathered so far the F/2 wasnt used in Africa, the only long barreled Panzer IV's that arrived were the Ausf G.
Lots of Panzer IV F2's were used in North Africa. Here's a picture of one:
042.jpg

F2 is the only panzer IV with single-piece muzzlebrake. All other long barreled panzer IV's have a 2-piece muzzlebreak. The first ones to arrive in North Africa got to the front lines in July 1942. Panzer IV F2 is also called Panzer IV G early.[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][/FONT]

Upvote 0
Withen weeks of release, the Pz IV F2's got renamed to G's, and retro fitted with the double baffles.
The reason you see so many pics of them with the single is beacuse, at the time they first came out, they were one of the best tanks in the world, sorta like an early tiger

The 75mm L/43 had a single baffle muzzle brake and the 75mm L/48 which had the double baffle muzzle break. So you will see PzIV G with a double baffle muzzle break, but only after March '43 and fitted with the L/48

Upvote 0
Lots of Panzer IV F2's were used in North Africa. Here's a picture of one:
042.jpg

F2 is the only panzer IV with single-piece muzzlebrake. All other long barreled panzer IV's have a 2-piece muzzlebreak. The first ones to arrive in North Africa got to the front lines in July 1942. Panzer IV F2 is also called Panzer IV G early.

thats correct, but in the TO&E's I have it isnt referred to as Panzer IV F2, its reffered to as the Panzer IV G. That and from what a DAK vet, who served in the 5th panzer and who got command of one of the long barreled panzer IV's, told me they referred to them as the Panzer IV ausf G, not as F2.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.