• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Panzer IV H and STUG G variants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabex

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 27, 2006
Mexico
I know we've asked for these about 5 thousand times, but it can't be said enough.

There is absolutely no reason to have the Panzer IV F/2 and the StugIII F modelled in the game, instead of the H and G variants, respectively.

More often than not, they appear in late war maps(Arad, Rakowice, Barashka, Ogledow) the only early map where the PzIV and Stug appear is Bondarevo, but the PzIVF/2 only after the patch.

Panzerkampfwagen IV

Production numbers for PzIV F/2: 175 started 1941-04-01
Production numbers for PzIV H: 3774 started 1943-04-01

The PzIV H is a much superior tank, upgraded armor, longer gun, armor skirts, etc. There's no reason not to have it.

Sturmgesch

Last edited:
Ya, I was surprised to see the Panzer IV F/2 when I first played the game. But maybe they picked that model because it started 1941-04-01 and the Panzer IV H started 1943-04-01. They probably figured that because it was produced earlier they could just stick it in all the maps after that date so they wouldn't have to code in different tanks for each battle.

Upvote 0
kabex said:
The IS-2 should be incredibly rare... it wasn't a common sight in the battlefield.

Even if the Tiger was produced in similar numbers, you saw the Tiger everywhere, as it needed to be used to its maximum.

I meant that Germans should have more "modern" AFV's so that they would have something else than 2
Panthers and Tigers against horde of T-34's and 4 IS-2's.

Dont get me wrong, if used in full effiency, germans can still give those russians a suprise.

But T-34/85 comes in large numbers(Yes, I know, russians produced T-34 in thousands), which it shouldnt, T-34/76 was more common. So russians have unfair advantage with more powerful tank which comes in numbers.

At least there should be lesser /85's and more /76 variants.

And yes, I was thinking of Arad.

Upvote 0
Witzi said:
But T-34/85 comes in large numbers(Yes, I know, russians produced T-34 in thousands), which it shouldnt, T-34/76 was more common. So russians have unfair advantage with more powerful tank which comes in numbers.

At least there should be lesser /85's and more /76 variants.

By the time of the Arad battle the T-34-85 was far, far more common than the 76. Replacing one of the 85s with a 76 would be historically okay, but replacing any more than that would be illogical.

Upvote 0
well, Kabex, people that know the facts can all agree here until we are blue in the face. I agree with you, of course.

this is a more pressing issue than getting another rare infantry gun that 10% of the players will use, or fixing some safety location on a rifle. it took a custom map to get some historical tank allotments. maybe it'll further take some custom modelers to get additional tanks to use on custom maps.

who knows?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.