• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Official Dwarfs?! Axe Balance Thread

Official Dwarfs?! Axe Balance Thread

• Total voters
the axe is fine as it is, whoever manages to knockback a scrake / fp without getting hit until it dies, props to you sir.
why not reward a team that keeps the route clear for a zerker who takes care of the fatties, be it with normal axe or the dwarven axe. both require some timing.

the downsides of the dwarven axe do already exist, thats kinda undeniable.

Upvote 0
You think knock back is OP, I say the real OP weapon for zerker is claymore, seriously, go play several rounds on suicidal or HoE with claymore and dwarf axe (in real game, not test map), respectively, then tell us what do you think and vote. ;)

Finally someone who knows what they are talking about. The claymore is literally soooooo much more overpowered if you compared it to the dwarfs axe. like really I stated earlier, nobody uses the knockback effect on scrakes its just stupid and ineffective, a full 6 player hell on earth scrake takes 4 alt fire stuns to kill, it cant move and it stands still for you, why would you want to waste 20 seconds knocking it back letting it stay alive and rage for that long??

Upvote 0
Knockback on Axe needs to go. Entirely. Either that, or don't allow FP's to be knockbacked at all when enraged.

If knockback is removed who would use it? lmao thats like a claymore thats half a second slower per swing with no benefit whatsoever. The knockback is not overpowered, especially on an fp, i mean are you kidding me? it takes longer time to face it and knock it back every 2 seconds than to kite it and chip at it every 2 seconds, the knockback attack is weak on an fp, it doesnt even do 300 damage to the fps 6k health. alt fire does 352 damage and you can still hit the fp every two seconds without it raging.

Upvote 0
If knockback is removed who would use it? lmao thats like a claymore thats half a second slower per swing with no benefit whatsoever. The knockback is not overpowered, especially on an fp, i mean are you kidding me? it takes longer time to face it and knock it back every 2 seconds than to kite it and chip at it every 2 seconds, the knockback attack is weak on an fp, it doesnt even do 300 damage to the fps 6k health. alt fire does 352 damage and you can still hit the fp every two seconds without it raging.

Just to be clear, the Dwarfish Axe is great for kiting FPs. It takes a bit longer as you need to use the primary fire for knockback, but the knockback is well worth it. It's normally quite difficult to kite FPs without taking periodic hits. With knockback pushing the FP away before he swings it is substantially easier to dodge the hits.

As far as damage if the wikis are to be believed it scales from 235 to 470 for the primary attack and from 325 to 650 for the alt attack. This is very slightly higher than the Claymore.

Upvote 0
Just make it so the knockback effect doesn't effect scrakes and fleshpounds on Suicidal and Hell on Earth and it's fine by me.

This.

If this wasn't treated as OP, then why did the xbow receive the same treatment and got headshot penalties on Sui/HoE? I think it's fair if the knockback was eliminated on Sui/HoE or reduced to the point you can't keep an enraged FP/SC out of your face like what ArmoredPuppy mentioned.

Upvote 0
If this wasn't treated as OP, then why did the xbow receive the same treatment and got headshot penalties on Sui/HoE? I think it's fair if the knockback was eliminated on Sui/HoE or reduced to the point you can't keep an enraged FP/SC out of your face like what ArmoredPuppy mentioned.

Funny how tons of people think the axe isn't OP. True, the axe is different, and removing knock-back all together would ruin the axe. I agree with you dude how the axe should have no knockback on Sui/HoE against Sc/FP

Upvote 0