• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Official Dwarfs?! Axe Balance Thread

Official Dwarfs?! Axe Balance Thread

• Total voters
Not overpowered (Hard difficulty or less)

Not overpowered (Hard difficulty or less)

I can't comment on >=Suicidal because I don't play it much, but for us casual gamers on <=Hard, the axe is not overpowered IMO. I'd much rather take on a scrake/FP with an AA12/xbow/M99/M32/huntingshutgun than I would an axe.

It's only got a short range and it's easy to get it wrong and get yourself killed, there's a lot of experience and skill involved, at least compared to an AA12 for example where u just point it roughly in the right direction and hold down the fire button. Much easier!

Plus the DPS of the axe is much less so even if you think the axe is safer/easier (for reasons I don't understand!), it definitely doesn't kill as quick meaning other zeds begin building up on u or ur teammates while ur messing around jumping close range at a FP. Compare an M32 for example where an FP can be dead and all over in about 1 second from the moment you spot it, not even getting the opportunity to do anyone any harm.

If the hardcore players think it's overpowered please only change it in Suicidal/HoE!

Upvote 0