• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

NEWS: New Zed - Brute Beta Released

I was playing in the Brutes-only server and encountered one issue: whenever Brutes went out of sight, they began using the normal Fleshpound walking animation instead of the face block when they came back into view:

Shooting the Brute still results in the metal deflection sound effect, so he's still blocking his head from damage. He's just not playing the correct animation.

thank you - we will stomp this one

Upvote 0
Wow now this looks pretty damn sweet :D

The gameplay mechanics for it look well thought out, and the model suits it's role well.

I can't wait to give this a go.

But one question is, the blocking effect, does it apply to flame based weapons? cos even if the flamer didn't do much damage to him, it'd just be handy for the damage boost it gives to other weapons when a specimen is burning.

Upvote 0
it seems out of place.He doesnt fit in with the rest of the zeds

I was thinking this myself tbh, although I was trying to think of a more diplomatic way of saying it :p

He does sort of stand out as a unique entity. I think the biggest issue is he looks like he should have hair or even fur, which of course no other male specimen has. I'd say make him much more clot like, but put loads of metal plates under his skin and such. Kinda like this but without the massive skull plate, or perhaps a smaller one.

11410__judge_dredd_1994_reference1.jpg

I'd personally like to see him kinda like the fleshpound with like metal plates grafted under his skin, escpeially on his forearms to make the head protection a little more believable. Having say a Metal plate that is grafting under the skin and bolted to the bone would be quite plausible.

Sorry for the crudeness of this diagram, left the line where the arm would normally go for reference, but you get the idea

bruteconcept.jpg

This is only a cosmetic complaint mind you, mechanics wise it seems to rock :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well that wasnt the whole idea behind it. I wanted to go back to the Clot design, and create a bigger version. I myself thought there were too many specimens with gear sticking out and wanted to go back to a primairy form of specimen. Hence why its backstory is about him beeing one of the first specimens experimented on. Less is more in my opinion, and I like the way he turned out. No BS, pure muscle. The way I intended him to be.:)

Ill be updating the webpage with a bit more background information and some more images. He has gotten a new texture, and he looks sweet. As the designer of the character im very proud of my bastard child and how he turned out in the game. :)

The final release will bring some new features to the character which we hope you guys will like. Stay tuned! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
that one of those uglies from Slyvesters "I am.... THE LAW!!" movie?

Damn right ;)

I wanted to go back to the Clot design, and create a bigger version. I myself thought there were too many specimens with gear sticking out and wanted to go back to a primairy form of specimen. Hence why its backstory is about him beeing one of the first specimens experimented on. Less is more in my opinion, and I like the way he turned out. No BS, pure muscle. The way I intended him to be.:)

You betrayed THE LAW! :rolleyes:

Nah good work folks, eager to see the new texture. I just hope he looks a little less... gorilla-ish is all :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well that wasnt the whole idea behind it. I wanted to go back to the Clot design, and create a bigger version. I myself thought there were too many specimens with gear sticking out and wanted to go back to a primairy form of specimen. Hence why its backstory is about him beeing one of the first specimens experimented on. Less is more in my opinion, and I like the way he turned out. No BS, pure muscle. The way I intended him to be.:)

Ill be updating the webpage with a bit more background information and some more images. He has gotten a new texture, and he looks sweet. As the designer of the character im very proud of my bastard child and how he turned out in the game. :)

The final release will bring some new features to the character which we hope you guys will like. Stay tuned! :)

I like the design as well, except I also think there should be some metal girder under in it's arm muscle; metal noises coming from your arm don't usually imply there being flesh there:D

Upvote 0