New Weapon model - Help!

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

hipnox

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 9, 2010
Hello community

i was trying to take a crack at making a new model for a KF weapon.
So i made this .. thing..

Spoiler!

i followed the instructions in this thread as much as i could:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=44008&highlight=weapon+tutorial

and this thread:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=46746

-I was able to unpack the ukx file for both the weapons mesh/animations and the textures using Gildors umodel. I even tried with the *fixed* version, as seen in the thread i just mentioned

-I was able to import and export a mesh from 3Ds Max

BUT when i use UnrealED to import my mesh, it get complitely broken. Animation doesnt play, it loses all materials and becomes smaller. It does this with any mesh, even the ones i didnt even use or modify.

its seems the extraction process (the umodeler) breaks the meshes completely :(

any ideas?

Reactions: C_Gibby

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
You must click on the drop down package that lists the animations/mesh to make the editor wake up, then press the Link Mesh To Animation button and save your package.

Reactions: hipnox

hipnox

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 9, 2010
Thanks, it worked, partially

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

the gun is not in the right place UNLESS you are aiming down the sight

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
In the animation browser load your mesh then open the tab Mesh and set the Scale to 5 for all numbers.

The_Sorrow

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 2, 2009
Australia
or just place them on the hands for the weapon you want, bind the mesh to bones and import to the KFSDK and make it run off the AK anims if that's what you want

hipnox

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 9, 2010
YES!

thanks, both of you.

now i got my model working in game. still needs textures and some of the vertexes are a little off in the animations, but it works.

now i

The_Sorrow

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 2, 2009
Australia
because you need to put sound notifies in the Animation sequences, only reload I think, YoYo know better than Me

hipnox

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 9, 2010
Here's an idea if it becomes a whole new gun:

People have suggested a long time ago that there should be a weapon shared by both the commando and demolitions spec.: A burst-fire weapon with a low-power underslung pump-action grenade launcher.

You should study the code for the M79 and you should take a look at YoYoBatty's burst fire mod (not sure if he finished it, but ask him anyway) and see what you can come up with.

Thoughts, anyone?

i

C_Gibby

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 18, 2010
or under barrel shotgun

This would also be pretty awesome ^

Yeah, it can't be too difficult to make the secondary fire function because you may as well just take the M79/Fraggynade code and copy it over to an alt-fire function. I'm not too sure what other things will need to be done, thanks to my limited experience with unrealscript. (I prefer kismet. :3)

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
Hardest part would be to get a new hud display for the underslung weapon ammo and having a way to buy separate ammo for one gun. I never done anything to change hud so I can't give any input on that but I'm sure someone with a better understanding like Marco/Yoyo/BD could do it.

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
Hardest part would be to get a new hud display for the underslung weapon ammo and having a way to buy separate ammo for one gun. I never done anything to change hud so I can't give any input on that but I'm sure someone with a better understanding like Marco/Yoyo/BD could do it.

Perhaps you can have the alt-fire switch ammo types, having one ammo type displayed at a time.

But what do i know, i don't even code/model/animate/texture or whatever.

Though i am trying to help :)