• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Killing Floor update?

Quite right HuNteR-, just relax and wait a bit for the All Saints Day update. Or perhaps it was the Veterans Day update. I can't ever seem to keep all of these holidays straight in my mind. Hmm... ;)
The Abstract Celebration Update. Its true meaning is open to interpretation.

But it involves slaughtering mutants.

Reactions: Deafmute
Upvote 0
...Or does it?

rod-serling.jpeg

Upvote 0
When when when????

When when when????

Go on. Say it. We're all hoping that the sudden appearance of 7 new {locked and unnamed} achievments is a sign that Tripwire is answering our Halloween prayers.

Because, like, it would be just cruel and unusual punishment to post the achieves THIS early for a Thanksgiving or Christmas event.

Assuming a new event/map/achievs ARE coming, am I the only one to wonder how the heck Tripwire is keeping it so quite? I mean, they must have the developers chained to a urinal somewhere, living off stale pop-tarts and gatorade. Poor guys.

I mean, usually Tripwire is teasing and promo-ing the heck out of things in advance. Remember the little riddle-a-thon in advance of the Portal Map? Hmmm. That brings up a good point: is there another game release pending, like Portal 2 in concert with the Portal Map?

People have also pondered whether it was just an "oopsie" on Tripwire's part. I don't know about that. Yes, it's possible someone just screwed up, but one would hope that there are at least a couple of checks before they go and kick out an update...at least one of them should have caught phantom achievments,...right?

So, I don't know. You don't know. And Tripwire ain't saying.
Wonderful. Gonna go shoot zombies in the head 'til I feel better.

Oh, and Tripwire, I've said it before and I'll say it again: If it would help get additional "official" maps out of you, I'm down for paying for them. (Hey! Don't yell at me for suggesting this. If we don't give them a reason to keep interested in KF, they're just going to follow the profits on to something else. Personally, for all the hours I put into playing a KF map, I'd be fine throwing $5 at Tripwire for each new official map. So what do you think Tripwire? Is my $5 getting your attention?)

Upvote 0
7 achieves... it's little bit to low for an event like christmas and circus ones. Mby new weapon for every perk and achiev to each ? ;d. Other option could be new class and 7 achieves related to it xd

I never thought about it, but you, good sir, is a genius.

Hit level 7 with Firebug
Hit level 7 with Commando
Hit level 7 with Medic
etc

These are the seven achievements. It's all clear now. I bet my Steam account on it (and yes, it has the Episode 3 prototype version on it).

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
I hope they're achievements for 7 weapons. :p

If they are new weapons then the balance is out the window...this also goes for the level 7 theory....TW had previously mentioned adding custom maps to the official list so maybe some of those.

If truth I'd just be happy with the whitelist being updated and having plenty of servers with people who know what they are doing....I don't see many veterans around these days :(

Upvote 0
If they are new weapons then the balance is out the window...this also goes for the level 7 theory....TW had previously mentioned adding custom maps to the official list so maybe some of those.

If truth I'd just be happy with the whitelist being updated and having plenty of servers with people who know what they are doing....I don't see many veterans around these days :(
Yoshiro told me on twitter that they are currently working on a whitelist update [TripwireYoshiroTripwire Interactive
@

@omgea5 We are working on a whitelist update now.]

Upvote 0
Coming....soon?

Coming....soon?

Well, to add my two cents to the intellectual circlejerk, ZIPS has mentioned All Saints Day (NOV 1st) and Festivus (DEC 23rd-ish).

Gonna ignore that St.Patty reference, just because five more months without a new map will make many of us flat out lose what's left of our sanity.

I still don't see them adding locked achievements to the list that far out from a new event or map release, so my guess it's gonna be a NOV 1st update.

Sharpen your knifes, load your weaps, and get ready.

Upvote 0
I would better see 3-5 new official maps (maybe chosen the best of community-made) than another event. Problem with single event map introducing (like Lair and Park) - it is player everywhere and by everyone in the beginning, but soon after event ends, most players get bored with it, so new map isn't played anymore (or very-very rare).

Upvote 0
Halloween is coming?! ^^

Halloween is coming?! ^^

!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!
Just about 10 minutes ago Steam has downloaded an update for Killing Floor.
!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!

Now this is what I get on my achievement list:

I think something really interesting is coming up! ^^
And you?..

Upvote 0
Let's just merge all of these threads into one mega thread for the Guy Fawkes Day KF update. ;)
Aye, people don't seem to notice the numerous (now one) threads mentioning the currently locked new achievements.
Oi! I already hinted at the Guy Fawkes Day event, you are starting to lack creativity sir!

Reactions: Jake74
Upvote 0