• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Noobfilter

i think i'll rewrite this mutator and also add some new features like dynamic change when you change the difficulty of your server, allowing only certain perks and allowing certain people to play on the server even if there level doesnt fit. so yes there will be a way for this after i rewrote it :)

Yeah that would be awesome! This mutator has lots of potential

Upvote 0
Hi,
ifs there now any possibilty to configurate the mutator dynamicdepends on the difficulty.

@deckard
for me the mut works. you just need to put the files of the system folder in your system folder on your server.... and the classes folder actually just in the killing floor folder. then restart server and open the webadmin interface and select the mutator you want to have running with your config. you can choose them by defaults and then votingGameconfig on the left side and thats it.... you also can configurate the noobfilter from your webadmin interface in place defaults/game.

Upvote 0
I have a rented killing floor server via a renting company called gameservers.com.

EDIT: Found the config file in my server

But how do I set it max level perk?

The config file, looks like this here (opened directly from my server via FTP FileZilla):

NeededLevel=2
ShowMessageTime=3
bNoobsOnly=false
bSessionKick=true

I cannot set a maxlevel :(

Also, I'm not sure what the "bNoobsOnly=false" does? Like if I set it to true, what will it change?
I could download the mutator and put it in my steam kf folder. But what good would that be to me, when I need it for my rented server, which has its own killingfloor.ini?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is a bit confusing, but iirc "NeededLevel" depends on "bNoobsOnly". If "bNoobsOnly" equals false "NeededLevel" defines the minimum perk level that is required to play. If it equals to true, "NeededLevel" defines the maximum perk level that is allowed.

So in other words, I should just configure this mutator, through the NoobFilter.ini rather than through the webadmin panel?

EDIT: Also, I had to do a full wipe of my server. And now I dont seem to remember the installation process.
Do I need to extrat both the contents in "classes" and "system" into the killing floor system folder for my server? Or is it true what Sazina says in #69?

EDIT2: Tryed what Sazina said in #69.
The mutator loads fine, and my NoobFilter.ini looks like this here

[NoobFilter.NoobFilter]
NeededLevel=4 (I have set this one to "Use NeededLevel as Max" in the webadmin panel)
ShowMessageTime=5
bNoobsOnly=True
bSessionKick=true

Yet I still get kicked with my perk lvl 4 -.-

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[...]
EDIT: Also, I had to do a full wipe of my server. And now I dont seem to remember the installation process.
Do I need to extrat both the contents in "classes" and "system" into the killing floor system folder for my server? Or is it true what Sazina says in #69?
You just need the files residing in the system folder, the classes folder contains the source files, which are not needed to run the script.

[...]
[NoobFilter.NoobFilter]
NeededLevel=4 (I have set this one to "Use NeededLevel as Max" in the webadmin panel)
ShowMessageTime=5
bNoobsOnly=True
bSessionKick=true

Yet I still get kicked with my perk lvl 4 -.-
That happens because your perk level has to be lower than NeededLevel, so set it to 5.

matttthias, you should really update NoobFilter. It is quite confusing. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm .. i also tried this wonderful addon, but as many people already complained ... it doesent work as it should. Something I dont like is when low/high lv. people only get kicked after trader closes or randomly within the wave. Also the timer doesnt work as expected, its far beyond only 3 or 5 seconds of message time and will continue displaying the message xD. That makes people angry and going mad. When I set 10 seconds of time it should display only 10 seconds of time and then kick.

Also, I would like to get the option to kick players immediately after joining the lobby or game if they dont fit the requirements. No message is requiered, that would be shown in the servername then or BETTER

-> right before you join the server. So you click on "Connect" and a message will appear that will warn you about the requirements. So they have to select a high/low level perk, but if they ignore this and select a low/high level perk the mutator would kick this player instantly after joining with the perk <- That would be a great option and might be a "MUST-HAVE" for server admins :)

This addon has such a great potencial but can't make use of it yet - what a pity!

I would really like to see the developer finishing the work as he promised since months :p

Upvote 0
It would be great if it could filter people not by their level but by their time spent in the game in steam. For example to kick people who have less than 200 hours spent in the game. This will filter the power levelers completely.
The problem thereby, there is no way to access the playtime through UScript. Otherwise some smart coder would already have done that.

Upvote 0