• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Noobfilter

I used a startup filter for AutoKick:
If a player has no perks that fit the defined interval range he will instantly be removed after pressing ready.

Furthermore, I implemented a kick system that is based on warnings, if a player violates against the interval too often he will be kicked right when trader doors open (thus the team can react to that one player is missing and the kicked player does not influence the difficulty of the next round). The mutator checks once when the wave begins if the players' perks are suitable and gives warnings if needed.

So no kick time is needed, if you mean that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This mutator should be made black or even forbidden. If team cannot handle the game with 0 lvl players, this team is more noobish then this 0 lvl players. I'm not a noob, then, why I should be kicked for only low lvl, which I'm handling better than many 6 lvls? On every normal server - kick without reason is a action that leads the kick voter to ban, and admin to be deprived with his privileges. And then we see - author made mutator that do wrong act automatically. This is nonsence. Is better, to overwrite function AllowBecomeActivePlayer in GameInfo child classes. I think TWI should modify gametype some way, that AllowBecomeActivePlayer function would be requesting permission from mutators, this will allow modders make mutators that filter players who is attempting to join game. Kick is rude method and act of disrespect to player who is on server first time.

Upvote 0
This mutator should be made black or even forbidden. If team cannot handle the game with 0 lvl players, this team is more noobish then this 0 lvl players. I'm not a noob, then, why I should be kicked for only low lvl, which I'm handling better than many 6 lvls? On every normal server - kick without reason is a action that leads the kick voter to ban, and admin to be deprived with his privileges. And then we see - author made mutator that do wrong act automatically. This is nonsence. Is better, to overwrite function AllowBecomeActivePlayer in GameInfo child classes. I think TWI should modify gametype some way, that AllowBecomeActivePlayer function would be requesting permission from mutators, this will allow modders make mutators that filter players who is attempting to join game. Kick is rude method and act of disrespect to player who is on server first time.

This ^
Anyway, game is 3 years old now, almost every noob has level 6 perks now. So creating auto-kick mutator for just a bunch of newcomers, and especially whitelisting it, is kindda gay imho.

Upvote 0
I'm looking for the exact opposite.

I want to only allow lvls 0 - 3 on the server; thus preventing high lvl players from joining and dominating the game. Usually when a high lvl joins the server, they run off to do their own thing leaving the team behind. On the other hand, when they stick with the team they usually end up robbing majority of the kills, thus making it difficult for the lower lvl players to lvl up.

Upvote 0
It is whitelisted because the servers are created by players, not by Tripwire, therefore, they can choose who joins their server or not.

Don't like the rules of a server? Choose other or create you own, it's simple as that.

Upvote 0
It is whitelisted because the servers are created by players, not by Tripwire, therefore, they can choose who joins their server or not.

Don't like the rules of a server? Choose other or create you own, it's simple as that.
Dont respect people who enters your server? Close it! The answer in the way you do it. I told clearly - I'm not a noob and I shouldn't be kicked with "noobfilter". So there comes a thought - maybe this mutator should not be whitelisted cos its not finished and not fulfil its function? Maybe author need at least rename this mutator. Very good thing would be to forcely add prefix "[Noob server]" on server who is using this mutator. Cos people who are kicking someone only for low lvl are completely noobs, its a fact.

P.S. If someone want restriction on max lvl - good, why not ONLY restrict max lvl, not min?

Upvote 0
Dont respect people who enters your server? Close it! The answer in the way you do it. I told clearly - I'm not a noob and I shouldn't be kicked with "noobfilter". So there comes a thought - maybe this mutator should not be whitelisted cos its not finished and not fulfil its function? Maybe author need at least rename this mutator. Very good thing would be to forcely add prefix "[Noob server]" on server who is using this mutator. Cos people who are kicking someone only for low lvl are completely noobs, its a fact.

P.S. If someone want restriction on max lvl - good, why not ONLY restrict max lvl, not min?
It's not about respect, it's about ownership and free will, you can't dictate how people should manage their servers or behave. It's their lives, their server and their rules, period.

Also, you're contradicting yourself when you say it's ok to have a max level restriction, but a minimum level not. What is the difference between high and low levels? A restriction is a restriction and that's a right reserved to the server owner.

Anyway, I agree with you when you say that levels doesn't mean much and that's why I don't use this mutator, but in my server anyone consistently doing stupid things in a HoE match and annoying the majority will get kicked for sure, being level 0 or 6.

The admin priviledge to kick is universal, any multiplayer game that allow players to create servers or game sessions have this option, it's common sense that you can choose who play in your private server/session.

Upvote 0
I'm looking for the exact opposite.

I want to only allow lvls 0 - 3 on the server; thus preventing high lvl players from joining and dominating the game. Usually when a high lvl joins the server, they run off to do their own thing leaving the team behind. On the other hand, when they stick with the team they usually end up robbing majority of the kills, thus making it difficult for the lower lvl players to lvl up.
This mutator does that too, just check the box "limit max level" and the selected level will be the maximum allowed in the server.

Upvote 0
Also, you're contradicting yourself when you say it's ok to have a max level restriction, but a minimum level not. What is the difference between high and low levels? A restriction is a restriction and that's a right reserved to the server owner.
Very high difference. If you play without high-levels its making game more difficult. When you play only with 6 lvl noobs and no 6- lvl, it makes game much more easier. As I know, mutator is whitelisted only if it isn't making game process easier. And I am saying - its the problem of RESPECT. You are right, no matter to dictate how to administrate servers. Just not having exp gaining on servers with this abusive mutator, won't break the way it is ruled.

Upvote 0
Very high difference. If you play without high-levels its making game more difficult. When you play only with 6 lvl noobs and no 6- lvl, it makes game much more easier. As I know, mutator is whitelisted only if it isn't making game process easier. And I am saying - its the problem of RESPECT. You are right, no matter to dictate how to administrate servers. Just not having exp gaining on servers with this abusive mutator, won't break the way it is ruled.
You said in capital letters that it is all about "RESPECT", yet, you say that it's ok to kick high level players. It sounds very contradictory.

The logic behind the whitelisting is far more complicated than that, think about this, anyone can make a password restricted server and invite only 2 or 3 skilled lvl 6 friends (it's easier with less players) and easily win a HoE match. It would be far easier than using this mutator, yet, you obviously can't ask to the passworded servers to be geylisted.

Also, this mutator doesn't make the game necessarily easier, you said yourself that: "you handle better than many lvl 6 players", so you know that a good low level player can help more than a bad lvl 6 one.

Upvote 0
This mutator does that too, just check the box "limit max level" and the selected level will be the maximum allowed in the server.

Sweet thanks.

edit
After doing some testing it, it seems this is what you do to limit high perks.
Code:
[NoobFilter.NoobFilter]
NeededLevel=4
ShowMessageTime=3
bNoobsOnly=True
bSessionKick=true

Now the highest perk you can have is a level 4. I tested it with one of my high perks and it kicks after the first wave.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have 3 difficulty levels on server

hard
suicidal
HoE

when vote menu appears and user want for ex. suicidal and map kf-xyz i can give in webAdmin parameter like Difficulty=5, but how i can make same for NoobFilter?

Tryed to add Difficulty=5,NeededLevel=4 <-- it doesn't work

TL;DR

How to dynamically change levels of noob filtering?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As a newbie, what do I do?

As a newbie, what do I do?

I have the extracted NoobFilter folder.
Within this folder is are two subfolders titled "classes" and "system" and inside those are various files.

So, my questions are as follows:
1. What do I do with these folders and files inside them?
2. Where do I add NoobFilter.NoobFilter in my .ini? (note, there is no "GameConfig" line.)
3. Where is this "batch file" people keep talking about and where do I add NoobFilter.NoobFilter inside it?

Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My KF crashes when I use this plugin.

This is what happens when I double-click to enter my server:
2087fwp.jpg

What happens:

I host 5 servers. 2 of them use this plugin (suicidal and HOE).

The servers that uses this plugin crashes when I try to enter. Other players can enter normally. For troubleshooting purposes I removed the plugin from the HoE server and it stopped crashing.

What should I do?

-- edit --

Just found out it happens on every server with noob filter mutator. Not only the ones I host.

Figured out the problem was the noob filter mutator files in my killing floor system folder. Deleted it and it stopped crashing. Problem fixed.

PS: Is there a way to add an exception list to the mutator? I want to play with my level 2 zerker on my Suicidal lvl 4+ server ;p (I have one account all 6, so I know how to play... I use this mutator 'cause most level 2 will screw with the game)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A little mut which kick players whom are using a perk with a low level (configurable) after giving them one chance in the tradertime to change their perk and also showing them a message (configurable interval). And telling them the reason why the were kicked from the server.

I hope its useful for some of you ;)

You have to add NoobFilter.NoobFilter to your batchfile and to your GameConfig to use this mutator.

Download (includes the sourcecode): View attachment 10037

Some Screenshots:
Spoiler!

Edit: Added the option to select it as maximum level and also the option to select SessionBan or Kick

Edit: WHITELISTED
Couldn't u add feature that will kick all players immediately with low level after respawn?:)

Upvote 0
PS: Is there a way to add an exception list to the mutator? I want to play with my level 2 zerker on my Suicidal lvl 4+ server ;p (I have one account all 6, so I know how to play... I use this mutator 'cause most level 2 will screw with the game)

i think i'll rewrite this mutator and also add some new features like dynamic change when you change the difficulty of your server, allowing only certain perks and allowing certain people to play on the server even if their level doesnt fit. so yes there will be a way for this after i rewrote it :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0