• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Mut: Per Server Stats

PAll resources custom weapons use must be statically loaded into memory. So sooner or later you'll run out of memory.

I rewrote Preload/Unload assets calls in ScrnBalance, so it now supports Refs instead of static links (e.g. MeshRef instead of Mesh etc.). But then every weapon's code must be rewritten too to use this. But if you do so, your weapon won't work without ScrnBalance anymore (its resources won't be loaded, if ScrnBalance isn't used).

Maybe I'll contact with Marco to make ServerPerks support refs of custom weapons by default.

I have successfully loaded until the summer was swap memory.
The current version is broken.
Swap is not working properly and memory crush.

The report should be sent to TWI.
They also ignore half a year.

Upvote 0
I just found out that ServerPerksMut.u file differs between 6.01 version downloaded from the link in this thread and received via workshop.

ServerPerksMut.u Downloaded from here weights 89 154 bytes
while file received via workshop weights 89 794.

Both files have VersionNumber=601 set in mutator's default properties.

Upvote 0
Question? :) I tried adding a bunch of smileys to serverperks, since i was changing the name(making a modded version) of server perks due to adding Poosh's code so ref's would work and save memory allowing me to add more weapons and such to my kf servers :) Well, i added the smileys as .pcx files, and i tried setting them at different sizes of power of 2. 64x64 or 32x32, or 16x16, but nothing would work right.. here is the strange part... the smileys would load, even the 64x64 in the start of screen/lobby when you joined the server. you could set there type the :) and you would get the smiley pic... however, as soon as the match began, if you would type :) you would hear the sound of a thud, and no smiley would show, but if you went in to the console, you would see that your text :) did go through, the smiley pic just didn't load...

So, what would be causing smileys i add to show in the lobby, and work correct and not show when the match is going on... :confused:

Is there a certain type .pcx file you must use? but, i know the smileys i added work, because they show up in the lobby, is just like they are invisible when you try and use them during game time....

because if you type... hello :) how are you?

you would see, hello (empty space here) how are you?
in the console you see, hello :) how are you?

again, the smileys work in the lobby before you start the match... got me :confused:

Upvote 0
You can simply do it like this (by extending the mutator class): http://www.klankaos.com/downloads/ServerPerksX.rar
And so you can configure in ServerPerks.ini by adding following section:
[ServerPerksMutX.ServerPerksMutX]
MemberChars=Members:AdvancedArmor
MemberChars=Members:Stig

There you can list the 'member' characters (do not add them to normal custom characters list).
Then in game you can use command "Mutate Help" (AFTER you logged in as admin) to see list of member commands to use so that you can make players in your server as members.
And finally run Server Perks mutator X instead of V5 one.

This method makes no additional online mismatches, no additional downloads for players and makes minimal effort for you to upgrade it to platform futher serverperk versions.

Is there an update for this mutator? It doesnt seem to be working with ServerPerksV6. Whenever custom characters are added the server crashes on startup.

[EDIT] It seems to run fine without these lines in the INI: MemberChars=Members:CHARACTERNAME
Members can be added properly with SteamID and all. But whenever we try to add a character like MemberChars=Members:ChickenFace server crashes on startup.

Here is the partial error log.
Code:
ScriptLog: SetAdminFromURL called
ScriptLog: Mutators ServerPerksMutX.ServerPerksMutX,ScrnBalanceSrv.ScrnBalance,ScrnDoom3KF.Doom3Mutator,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker
Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent
Critical: (ServerPerksMutX KF-WestLondon.ServerPerksMutX, Function ServerPerksMutX.ServerPerksMutX.PostBeginPlay)
Critical: ULevel::SpawnActor
Critical: (ServerPerksMutX)
Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent
Critical: (KFGameType KF-WestLondon.KFGameType, Function KFMod.KFGameType.InitGame)
Critical: BeginPlay
Critical: UGameEngine::LoadMap
Critical: LocalMapURL
Critical: UGameEngine::Browse
Critical: UGameEngine::Init
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 140 MByte 955 KByte 85 Bytes from HD took 0.369000 seconds (0.278000 reading, 0.091000 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.054000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 01/31/13 17:58:13

Tested ServerPerksMutX without any other mutators (ServerPerksV6 files were also in the system folder) resulted in the same crash when custom characters are added.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Help perks back to level 0

Help perks back to level 0

Why hello there i am pretty sure this has been asked alot but still I have a problem with the perks level this being that i want that my data from my regular perks stays while the server is running the mut

For instance i have all my perks at level 6 but when i use this mut on the server it brings all my perks to level 0 is there a way to do this automaticly or do i have to do it manually i really wish there was away to do it automaticly like the serve knows that i am level 6 and start me from there instead of goin back to level 0 am i the only one with this problem ??

:confused:

if you actually answered this thank you very much :3

Upvote 0
Why hello there i am pretty sure this has been asked alot but still I have a problem with the perks level this being that i want that my data from my regular perks stays while the server is running the mut

For instance i have all my perks at level 6 but when i use this mut on the server it brings all my perks to level 0 is there a way to do this automaticly or do i have to do it manually i really wish there was away to do it automaticly like the serve knows that i am level 6 and start me from there instead of goin back to level 0 am i the only one with this problem ??

:confused:

if you actually answered this thank you very much :3

Server perks does not use your Steam stored perks. When you run server perks, the perks are stored on server side :) So, inside the serverperks.ini file, you can set the starting level of the perks on your server. So, if you want everyone to be lvl 6, set the min. at 6 and max lvl at 6 :)

If you want everyone to start at 0 and then progress to lvl 6 like stock perks. Then set the min. at 0 and the max at 6 :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Server perks does not use your Steam stored perks. When you run server perks, the perks are stored on server side :) So, inside the serverperks.ini file, you can set the starting level of the perks on your server. So, if you want everyone to be lvl 6, set the min. at 6 and max lvl at 6 :)

If you want everyone to start at 0 and then progress to lvl 6 like stock perks. Then set the min. at 0 and the max at 6 :)

I think this guy wants to take the shortcut or something.

Upvote 0

Oh ok thanks though do you know why i cant use the steam perks with it i am trying to explain it to somebody but i dunno how i can explain him at 100%

Sorry fot botherting too

Upvote 0
Oh ok thanks though do you know why i cant use the steam perks with it i am trying to explain it to somebody but i dunno how i can explain him at 100%

Sorry fot botherting too

ServerPerks mod, is a mod used to run modded servers. The name explains itself :) The perks for serverperks are stored server side.

Stock perks are stored via Steam cloud. Only way to increase stock perks, is to play none modded servers... meaning only stock based servers.

Don't know really how else to explain it :)

Upvote 0
ServerPerks mod, is a mod used to run modded servers. The name explains itself :) The perks for serverperks are stored server side.

Stock perks are stored via Steam cloud. Only way to increase stock perks, is to play none modded servers... meaning only stock based servers.

Don't know really how else to explain it :)
Thank you very much kind sir/lady sorry for getting some of your time

Upvote 0
Problms on rental server.

Problms on rental server.

ok first i wanna say THANK YOU!
this is truelly awesome ^^

i first tried this whit solo and this works fine on there.

then i added this to my server and i put this mutator on.

now when im trying to get to my server it says " mismach DLC_file"
or something like that.

so how i can get this to work on my server?
and why is this serverperks.ini has MinPerksLevel=-1 ?
on solo when i get my first lvl up it 0 :D
so i start whit -1 then GRATZ! u LVL UP! ur now lvl 0 !! woo
MinPerksLevel=-1 should b MinPerksLevel=0 ?
and i change MaxPerksLevel=6 to MaxPerksLevel=20
is this wrong? bcos this is the idea to get maxlvl to 20? yes?
im sorry to b such a noob. :(

i placed these files.
serverPerks.ini
Serverperks.int
Serverperks.u
ServerperksMut.u
ServerperksMut.ucl
ServerperksP.int
ServerperksP.u

to system file

also i have these files
Serverperks (classes) (textures)
ServerperksMut (classes)
ServerperksP (classes)

so where these? do i place to system?
the reason why im asking is bcos i downloaded 2 times this.

first was automatic so thats why its working on solo.

2nd time i downloaded this manual so i can place the files to my server
and i get this "DLC mismach".. help me please? :(

Upvote 0