• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DoubleSidedTape

Grizzled Veteran
May 31, 2007
I'm having an odd problem trying to play RO on my brother's PC.

He is running Windows 7 64-bit, using a GTX 460 with the newest drivers, and a Logitech G500 mouse.

This is a mostly fresh Windows install.

When I load up RO, the mouse "sticks" while navigating through the menus for a few seconds, and then I regain control of it for a few seconds, and it repeats. If i look at the mouse, the sensitivity light on the side goes on and off, and I sometimes hear the sound that windows makes when a device is disconnected. I have tried using my own G500 mouse as well as my brother's old G7 mouse, and I get the same issue.

I have disabled vsync as well as the mouse smoothing options in RO, and neither fix the issue.

This is not a problem that I have encountered on my own PC, which is running Windows 7 64-bit and uses an ATI 5870 graphics card.

Hmmm.
Have you tried reducing or changing the report rate with setpoint?
Tried a different usb port?
I'm just guessing at this point.

I had problems with RO and nVidias 260.xx drivers. I had to completely manually uninstall everything nVidia video driver related, clean my registry and reinstall the 258.xx drivers. Either the install was fubar or the drivers incompatable with my hardware. I'm not saying that is your problem. Just offering that up.

Good luck.
Let us know what you find out.

Reactions: DoubleSidedTape
Upvote 0
I have the G5 and Win7 64bit.

I had problems with the latest drivers from Logitech, couldn't customize my keys etc and had to use an earlier version. Now the only problem I have is my mouse speed changes whenever I load a UT based game and I have to tap the + or - keys on the mouse then back to get it to normal. Annoying but it is now just a routine I do running UT games.

Upvote 0
try to remove game pads and devices such as that and test if that helps. If it does you can manually edit the ini files and remove all gamepad based bindings.

Got rid of all the gamepad binds in user.ini

It could actually be a firewall or a router giving issues as well. Like a firewall blocking a program the moments it perhaps asks for internet access.

Do you happen to run on a wireless network?

Disabled firewall.

Hmmm.
Have you tried reducing or changing the report rate with setpoint?
Tried a different usb port?
I'm just guessing at this point.

I had problems with RO and nVidias 260.xx drivers. I had to completely manually uninstall everything nVidia video driver related, clean my registry and reinstall the 258.xx drivers. Either the install was fubar or the drivers incompatable with my hardware. I'm not saying that is your problem. Just offering that up.

Good luck.
Let us know what you find out.

Wiped 260.xx and installed 258.xx
I have the G5 and Win7 64bit.

I had problems with the latest drivers from Logitech, couldn't customize my keys etc and had to use an earlier version. Now the only problem I have is my mouse speed changes whenever I load a UT based game and I have to tap the + or - keys on the mouse then back to get it to normal. Annoying but it is now just a routine I do running UT games.

Installed Setpoint 4.80....

And as I type this, wow I feel dumb. Just checked the input settings in RO again, and the Mouse Smoothing/Reduce Mouse Lag options were checked.

Unchecked them and now the mouse is fine.

EDIT: It seems like vsync also needs to be off, because in addition to changing the two mouse settings, I had to disable vsync in Darkest Hour to get a smooth mouse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And as I type this, wow I feel dumb. Just checked the input settings in RO again, and the Mouse Smoothing/Reduce Mouse Lag options were checked.

Unchecked them and now the mouse is fine.

EDIT: It seems like vsync also needs to be off, because in addition to changing the two mouse settings, I had to disable vsync in Darkest Hour to get a smooth mouse.

But but you said in your first post that they were off already :p

Upvote 0