• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More new content in development - Carpathian Crosses media update!

Carpathian Crosses media update!

The Carpathian Crosses mod team has been hard at work through the winter and have now got a whole load of new materials to show you! They have been working on new skins and player models for the Romanians, a whole batch of new vehicles, some interesting new features we have been hearing about and, of course, maps to use them all on.
Their website has the full details, but here is a sampler for you:

So - go and take a look at the Carpathian Crosses website - click on the banner or click HERE.

The Romanians provided the second largest Axis force on the Eastern Front - then the second largest Allied force on the Eastern Front :)

They originally got into the fight to get back the land the Soviets "liberated" from Romania in 1940. However, they then ended up a further 1,500 Km further east, most of them wondering "why". Their equipment was outdated by 1941, with the Germans sometimes letting them have stuff they had already "used".

Given a chance, the Romanians fought well - mostly against any Hungarians handy, it has to be said! Their good troops were very professional - the poor bloody conscripts were like any other - mostly wanting to be somewhere else - like at home!

Anyway - they gave the Soviets a good beating most of the way across southern Ukraine and into the Crimea!

Upvote 0
I confess I don't know jack squat about Romania in WW2 however I have a general interest in Romania as far as history goes (Transylvania, very old villages, structures, castles etc and all that coolness). Do any of the battles/maps you guys have planned actually occur in Romania, and if so will they have an authentic "romanian" vibe to them? That'd be neato to me.

Upvote 0
Do any of the battles/maps you guys have planned actually occur in Romania, and if so will they have an authentic "romanian" vibe to them? That'd be neato to me.

When the Romanians took back what is now Moldova from the Soviets in 1941, they were fighting over territory which is predominantly Romanian in terms of ethnicity and language.

So it need not only be after 'end-game in 1944' maps that you can kick back with a glass or two of ţuică de-a-nt

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is only part 1 of our big update. We are trying to get some skinned tanks in with the next part. But as you see on the long version of the news on the CC frontpage we are still looking for skinners.

The romanian used (and will use in CC) other rifles beside the Kar. They didnt have their own semis, also from the germans there didnt came much in that area. Best you can hope is probably captured SVTs.

Upvote 0