• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MKB/AVT Availability Change Incoming

Why must you elitists demand the game be played your way, ruining the fun of others. Especially when all of you say that you can kill more with a bolt?

What does this have to do with elitism? This has to do with the fact we bought a realism/historically accurate game and there are Germans running around everywhere with experimental prototypes.

Upvote 0
Thanks Ramm for still listening to the community. Kudos!!!

That's why some bugs and weird choices are not bothering me at all:D

Well, the problem is still there, kind of.
Who will chose MP40 if you can have an automatic weapon with high bullet penetration and accuracy (and scopes later?).
It is still a weird choice.

And I hope TWI will get the progress and unlock thing fixed ASAP. As the longer it goes, the higher is the chance we won't get a stat reset.
There are numerous errors in the stat screen, such as MG class unlocking Semi-auto rifles (allies MGers getting a G41 and Axis MGers getting an SVT???)

Upvote 0
Why must you elitists demand the game be played your way, ruining the fun of others. Especially when all of you say that you can kill more with a bolt?

What? A huge part of each team will still have these weapons...

What about you ruining the fun for everyone else by demanding absurd prototype weapons for everyone instead? Might as well go play a modern combat game if you want everyone to have assault rifles!

Last edited:
Reactions: VyvyanBasterd
Upvote 0
It's so funny that this is even an issue.

The number of assault rifles that will be allowed (unless there's something they're not yet telling us) will still be just a complete mess on every level. It makes no historical sense, no gameplay sense, and none of the players want it. This is no good for anybody who enjoys the game.

It's an absolute clear-cut, necessary decision to preserve the quality of the game that these weapons get dropped down to only one or possibly two per side. I never would have imagined something so hilariously, obviously bad would ever make it in the game, haha.

Upvote 0
What? A full 25% of each team will still have these weapons...

What about you ruining the fun for everyone else by demanding absurd prototype weapons for everyone instead? Might as well go play a modern combat game if you want everyone to have assault rifles!

Instead of the AKV, Allies should have gotten the SKS with attached grenade launcher.

Upvote 0
What? A huge part of each team will still have these weapons...

What about you ruining the fun for everyone else by demanding absurd prototype weapons for everyone instead?

I would like to request an MG-15 in infantry configuration, please.;)

I think it would be fair, since the AVT40's recoil is realistically represented in game, that the PPSH get the same treatment (as the AVT has). The MKb.42 would be less of a terror if the weapons in similar classes opposing them were better represented. Take a look on Youtube at videos of people firing PPSH-41s and you find guys moving very little while firing from a standing position.

Upvote 0
Elite assault class seems like the only sensible solution for this problem. 2 for 64 players and 1 for 32 like someone already mentioned is a great way of implementing these weapons into the game while keeping it balanced at the same time.

I agree and would even say only one per team being the commander for example since he will stay back anyway. There should not be more than 1-2 automatic rifles per team regardless of server size. Assault will be seriously upgraded otherwise and the MP-40 downgraded which I would hate to see.

Why not make it different for realism servers or a server option to limit further?

But thanks Ramm it is a step into the right direction in my opinion...

Upvote 0
Elite assault class seems like the only sensible solution for this problem. 2 for 64 players and 1 for 32 like someone already mentioned is a great way of implementing these weapons into the game while keeping it balanced at the same time.

Well, I believe that's not gonna happen, as they'll need to add a new class, new unlocks, etc. Depending on their architecture, it might be a pain in the *** to add a new class at this point.

Another option would be to have a limited number of MKB in the assault class, so only the first few assault players would be able to pick MKB. But that will also depend on the architecture and might not be feasible at this point.

Upvote 0
Well, I believe that's not gonna happen, as they'll need to add a new class, new unlocks, etc. Depending on their architecture, it might be a pain in the *** to add a new class at this point.

Another option would be to have a limited number of MKB in the assault class, so only the first few assault players would be able to pick MKB. But that will also depend on the architecture and might not be feasible at this point.

I think the only reason they wont do this because cod kiddies will cry about the swat rifle being rare, and not buy RO3.

Upvote 0
Sounds good!

I thought people were exaggerating, but when I hopped on a server and noticed how damn good it is, this is what happened

mkbtroll.jpg

Upvote 0