• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mixed feelings about bullet penetration?

Sounds like penetration will be like it is in real life

Get behind the tough stuff :)

I would like to have multiple human penetration .

sounds like both of you may be talking about the same thing ;)

What next, will people start taking notes on the Trader and say "I like the big ones, don't you?" xD.

Sorry, just had to do that :p

Anyways, back on topic, I think that having bullet shrapnel might put a lot of pressure on larger servers and the engine, with such small fragments constantly occurring.

Reactions: DiedTrying
Upvote 0
Sorry I was thinking of the female sniper thread when I posted it. lol :D

sounds like both of you may be talking about the same thing ;)

What next, will people start taking notes on the Trader and say "I like the big ones, don't you?" xD.

Sorry, just had to do that :p

Anyways, back on topic, I think that having bullet shrapnel might put a lot of pressure on larger servers and the engine, with such small fragments constantly occurring.

Upvote 0
That's what I've been worried about. That's why I mentioned having a lot of rubble piles. lol A mix of dirt, brick and steel for cover. :eek: As bolt players it would appear we will have one big target painted on us. lol

Think that when he runs out of ammo after three seconds and he dies; he won't be spraying away that much through cover anymore in his next respawn.

I think the ammo limitation and the 'it also works for bolts' argument evens it out pretty good. Maybe actually in favor of the bolt when facing a MG.

Upvote 0
With bullet penetration, it's a lot harder for everyone to have adequate cover, including the MG that has you pinned down, it'll even out. I think you'll find that players will learn to fire their weapons only when they have a good chance for a hit, because once you give your position away, you're more vulnerable.

Reactions: wahoo4
Upvote 0
Yes plus +1 for you. :D

With bullet penetration, it's a lot harder for everyone to have adequate cover, including the MG that has you pinned down, it'll even out. I think you'll find that players will learn to fire their weapons only when they have a good chance for a hit, because once you give your position away, you're more vulnerable.

Upvote 0