• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mg-34 belt feed unlock.

People have suggested a salvaged vehicle DP-28 as the unlock for the allies.

To help match the mkb-42 and mg-34 menace some suggested Dp-28 unlocks

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
So we've seen double-drum in a video, now we know it existed. The question is... did they have them in Stalingrad? Because that's what the game is. Like the Mkb assault rifle. We know they existed, but did every other German soldier in Stalingrad have one? Same with semi-auto rifles.

I could post a video of the modern AK47 (ak74?) with grenade launcher attatched, doesn't mean it should be in the game because it wasn't at the battle of Stalingrad.

Upvote 0
The Wehrmacht infantry was based around machine gun tactics, Rifles and smg's were used as cover when moving and deploying machine guns, once deployed the weapons only role is to put lead on target and pin an enemy down for the infantry to move in and use grenades and light weapons to finish them off. The tactic was adopted after seeing the terrible amount of death caused by long range trench warfare.

The 50 rd drum was mainly used by light infantry for the Wehrmacht this included pioneers (engineers)or recon units.Most of their mg crews was heavy infantry and had teams of 3 or more carrying ammo using 250 round box's of ammo.This allowed for a sustained suppression fire to pin down enemy positions.

The duel drum was so rare that only a handful of war time photos was ever taken .The 250 round belt was at least realistic even tho it took a team to deploy.In game a mg team would be hard to implement no one would want to play ammo boy lol.The duel drum was like the mkb-42 VERY RARE in Stalingrad and in my opinion are both a little silly to be common in game realistically speaking .

Most common deployment of a mg-34 in Stalingrad
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Wehrmacht infantry was based around machine gun tactics, Rifles and smg's were used as cover when moving and deploying machine guns, once deployed the weapons only role is to put lead on target and pin an enemy down for the infantry to move in and use grenades and light weapons to finish them off. The tactic was adopted after seeing the terrible amount of death caused by long range trench warfare.

The 50 rd drum was mainly used by light infantry for the Wehrmacht this included pioneers (engineers)or recon units.Most of their mg crews was heavy infantry and had teams of 3 or more carrying ammo using 250 round box's of ammo.This allowed for a sustained suppression fire to pin down enemy positions.

The duel drum was so rare that only a handful of war time photos was ever taken .The 250 round belt was at least realistic even tho it took a team to deploy.In game a mg team would be hard to implement no one would want to play ammo boy lol.The duel drum was like the mkb-42 VERY RARE in Stalingrad and in my opinion are both a little silly to be common in game realistically speaking .

Most common deployment of a mg-34 in Stalingrad
Spoiler!
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that TWI doesn't care about realistic loadouts :mad:

Upvote 0
So we've seen double-drum in a video, now we know it existed. The question is... did they have them in Stalingrad? Because that's what the game is. Like the Mkb assault rifle. We know they existed, but did every other German soldier in Stalingrad have one? Same with semi-auto rifles.

No. Infantry shouldn't have them. They are extremely rare.

In my opinion the MG34 and the MG42 (When Added). Should have either a 50 round drum or 100 - 150 round belt.

Would be good if the player could pick.

50 Round Drum = bCanHipshoot = True
100 - 150 Round Belt = bCanHipshoot = False

Problem Solved.

Upvote 0
Wow you posted a video in reply?

Here is a video of a puppy. Youtube video of it means it must be ingame.

Puppy Cant Get Up - YouTube

Posting a video in reply means nothing. I never said that the thing didn't exist. I said that it was unrealistic.

Damn you for posting that puppy video. It lead me to Boo the World's Cutest Dog. I then spent about 40 minutes watching videos of it and going to his facebook page. In this time, I concluded that adorable dog is a living teddy bear.

Reactions: Schnitzel15
Upvote 0
In game a mg team would be hard to implement no one would want to play ammo boy lol.

Would it be so hard? Just a random idea... It might, or it might as well work really well. For some modder to think about perhaps? Think about it before going to "AHAH LOL& U R STOOPID!" mode. It is quite controversial idea and I'm not really saying it should be in, just thinking about it.

What if all MG's were assigned a ammo-boy BOT who would follow the player bit like a dog in a leash? I think it might solve some of the issues MG's have in this game at the moment and it also would be more realistic. Machine guns were the most lethal and crucial weapon for the infantry team, but in RO2 they're usually not. I'm not saying they're bad, but they're HIGHLY situational and do not allow very flexible gaming experience. The only effective play style is memorizing the spots you can decently deploy, which forces you to following the same boring patterns in that map over and over again. So basically it's like playing a sniper; you just replace quality of bullets with quantity.

AmmoBoyBot (ABB) would solve few issues:

1) Lacking the ability to use iron sights while not deployed, there is no smart way to deal with unaware enemies at medium ranges. Lets say you spot enemy sniper 15 meters from you in the open or you spot someone just under your window, but "you cannot aim that far". As a machine gunner you can a) go prone and HOPE the game will let you deploy. b) use pistol instead of perfectly good machine gun c) start to hipshoot wildly, because you cannot shoulder your weapon.

With ABB you press "enemy spotted" and he would shoot the enemy with Kar98.

2) ABB watches your back while you're deployed. No human wants to be ammo carrier or just protect someones back for entire round. If you do your job well and lay down suppressive fire so your team can advance, this always means there is nobody to cover you because they DID advance. Enemy usually knows this too, so all the ninjas creep out from their holes as the MG sounds like a mating call for pistol whippers. This would allow machine gunners to stay in optimal spots at least little longer.

3) Machine guns draw attention, ABB would maybe draw just bit away towards him. This extra attention might also reduce some of that CQB, "hiding in the corner and hip shooting doorways" machine gunnery.

Yea. ABB would make MG more powerful class and so should it. With current game mechanics it would still be in disadvantage in most situations, but this would allow MG's to do their job and make it play worthy class.

Upvote 0
Level 25 - Duel Drum (Unrealistic Bull****)

Level 50 - 250 Belt (Sort of Unrealistic. 250 is way too much. But better than Duel Drum I guess.)

But the double drum (saddle mags) did exist and they were on recirculated versions of the MG-34 from before the war while they were still making accessories for it... Its not that unrealistic... Plus i can definitly understand the 250 round belt, they cant really make it so that there are 2 other guys following you so just leave it as is

Source: http://www.bergflak.com/PT34.htm (this also relates to the guy who was talking abt the PT34)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorg Biermann1
Upvote 0