• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mg-34 belt feed unlock.

Could be a good idea to change the belt to 150 for balance and historical reasons.

Another thing:
I had to carry an MG 3 on a march once (well it's not the MG 34 but a comparable weapon ;) ) and with the gun weighting ~12 kg and another ~2 for the extra barrel it was not too easy to carry that beast. (The leather belt was rather thin, so it really start to hurt after a couple of km)
I just rechecked in game... you carry 2 belts. That would add another 15 kg. So your soldier in game already got roughly 30 kg to carry. Plus the additional field pack.

I think under these circumstances it would make sense to adjust the belt size. Would be awesome if TWI could look into this.

Btw... the reloading animation is a bit borked. :eek:

Upvote 0
i56Uz.jpg

Don't worry... if you can manage 30 MG kills a round, three rounds a day, playing only on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, you'll have it in half a year (171 days to be exact). That's assuming you haven't been playing during this double exp period we're now in. And I'm going to guess that 30 kills a round, three rounds a day, and three days of play a week are verrry conservative numbers. ;)

Pity I prefer the DP28... I'm crazy aren't I? :D

Upvote 0
Here is the video with the reloading animation:
http://tinypic.com/r/ejueyq/7

Oh great, you can actually hipfire with a 250 round belt in game.

Bring on the hipfiring CQB bullet hoses (in 6 months or so).

And why are you reloading? 250 round belt, don't you only get one? Currently in game you get around 200 rounds with LMGs. A 250 round belt should be all the ammo you carry unless level whatever also doubles your ammo capacity.

Reactions: Falkenhorst
Upvote 0
Oh great, you can actually hipfire with a 250 round belt in game.

Bring on the hipfiring CQB bullet hoses (in 6 months or so).

And why are you reloading? 250 round belt, don't you only get one? Currently in game you get around 200 rounds with LMGs. A 250 round belt should be all the ammo you carry unless level whatever also doubles your ammo capacity.

Agreed. As so much more sensable as the 250rnd belt is over the saddle drum, it too comes with its 'facepalm's... Mostly due to decision that TWI made.

Upvote 0
Ironic, since it's the one weapon that will need to reload the least.

It is really depressing when you consider Call of Duty has longer reloads for belt fed weapons than this game does.

Hopefully it is a bug on the to-do list for TWI. Since they know they got a few months until people actually unlock the belt fed option, they have time to fix it. The animations were not done either (belt hovers 5 inches from the hand), so hopefully it is going to get tweaked a bit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is really depressing when you consider Call of Duty has longer reloads for belt fed weapons than this game does.

Hopefully it is a bug on the to-do list for TWI. Since they know they got a few months until people actually unlock the belt fed option, they have time to fix it. The animations were not done either (belt hovers 5 inches from the hand), so hopefully it is going to get tweaked a bit.
We can hope all we want that stuff will get tweaked, but I don't have a ton of faith. Why? Mainly because the "I-hope-TWI-changes-X" list is getting too big to even keep track of anymore.

Upvote 0
So it really is in the game.

At least, you will have to change the barrel, which will limit absolutely continuous fire.
Still, I think one will never have to reload, just think about how long it takes to use up the 250 round belt on the hmg34, and that thing can be fired without pause - at 900 rpm, that is 16.7 seconds of fire.

This is an upgrade that inceases the capacity 5-fold. I think that is all that needs to be said about the upgrade system and it giving unfair andvantages.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And why are you reloading? 250 round belt, don't you only get one?
I quote myself:
I just rechecked in game... you carry 2 belts. That would add another 15 kg.

What's ur weapon lvl?
Mine? The MG 34 lvl is 50. It's the highest level and u do not unlock the belt before.

At least, you will have to change the barrel, which will limit absolutely continuous fire.
I'm not sure right now, but I think I've already pulled a whole belt without the need to change the barrel. It wasn't continous fire though, but bursts of 3-5 bullets.

Prey tell how did you get the 250 belt so fast? Stat glitch?
Stats are working fine for me. I got the 6600 kills already. :cool:

Upvote 0
unless you can trip over the belt and land on your face...

Haha that should be a new system integrated into basic sprint movement hahahaha

P.S. Could hipfire work if the rounds were in some sort of satchel?
They werent carried in a satchel and no I don't think that would work. If it was on your back or slung around somewhere you are looking at feeding issues because of the angle the rounds are feeding from.
Imagine you have a zipper. You want both sides you are zipping together straight and inline other wise the zipper won't feed the teeth properly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They werent carried in a satchel and no I don't think that would work. If it was on your back or slung around somewhere you are looking at feeding issues because of the angle the rounds are feeding from.
Imagine you have a zipper. You want both sides you are zipping together straight and inline other wise the zipper won't feed the teeth properly.

Thats what I figured.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would agree that the MG34 reloads too fast in the video.

Also I just noticed what I haven't been seeing with the assault drum, and that is belt segments flying out the side, something which doesn't happen with the real MG34 (or MG42), seeing as it uses a non-disintegrating belt.

Well, you probably just didn

Last edited:
Upvote 0