• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-TankGunnery

:)

Yeah, Crucible uses bots on all maps. I long ago determined that it is better to have them available than otherwise.
However, W-K may be one of the CA maps where the tank AI is not pro-active as it is in most of the tank maps. I'm not sure. I really regret that, and I made at least one plea to the authors for correction on one or two. The AI in Yakovlevo works very well, and I think it does in Orel as well. I should go in and review them and see which ones do not cut the tank bots loose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From what I remember with StalingradOutskirts, there's infantry AI, but tank AI is either not there at all or not aggressive enough to leave spawn. It's a great map, but there's not much activity.

I haven't played Little Saturn, Orel or BDJuly in a while, but I think they are fine.

Upvote 0
AT rifle elevation testing

AT rifle elevation testing

Thank you for this map it is really useful for later gaming.

I do not know how difficult to make such a map but I have some suggestions or request i would say.

Is it possible to add a 4 stories high building for the 100m, 200m, and 400m shooting point in order to test the AT rifle from an elevation on different levels of the building?
It could be placed to the rear partition of the map not to make an obstacle for tank testing.
It would be really appreciated.

Upvote 0
Thank you for this map it is really useful for later gaming.

I do not know how difficult to make such a map but I have some suggestions or request i would say.

Is it possible to add a 4 stories high building for the 100m, 200m, and 400m shooting point in order to test the AT rifle from an elevation on different levels of the building?
It could be placed to the rear partition of the map not to make an obstacle for tank testing.
It would be really appreciated.

For sure! It is on my list of improvements for next release. Thanks for the input :)

Upvote 0
Is their any progression with the new release of the tank gunnery map?
I do not want to harrass you since we really appreciate the gunnery map you have already created i just ask what is the situation with it....

Thx.!

I appreciate the interest. I am wrapping up my next Western Front Map this week and the FIRST thing I will do is make the changes that I mentioned to this map. :)

Upvote 0
Im back at it with this map. So far I have..

Added a 4 story building to each side with ammo resupplies on each floor

Fixed the targets (Allies only had PZ IIIs to shoot at and Axis only had T34s to shoot at)

Both sides have both tanks to shoot at along with transports for targets

Finally figured out how to spawn Enemy AI Players so I added a small arms area

Figured out how to spawn individual weapons for pick up so now you can switch between AT rifles and compare from same positions!

Going to add several small arms as well for pick up to shoot at the AI players (Decapitating enemy with the AT rifle from 50 meters is Awesome!) :D

Will be a few days till everything is tweaked but it will be much improved and maybe a little more fun to play with

Upvote 0
It's fine.

Is it possible to add Pz IV tanks instead (or besides) the Pz III?

Im back at it with this map. So far I have..

Added a 4 story building to each side with ammo resupplies on each floor

Fixed the targets (Allies only had PZ IIIs to shoot at and Axis only had T34s to shoot at)

Both sides have both tanks to shoot at along with transports for targets

Finally figured out how to spawn Enemy AI Players so I added a small arms area

Figured out how to spawn individual weapons for pick up so now you can switch between AT rifles and compare from same positions!

Going to add several small arms as well for pick up to shoot at the AI players (Decapitating enemy with the AT rifle from 50 meters is Awesome!) :D

Will be a few days till everything is tweaked but it will be much improved and maybe a little more fun to play with

Upvote 0
Awesome!

Being able to shoot both tanks with both rifles from variable angles will be most helpful. I'm working on pics identifying all the exact best spots on all aspects.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but all the tanks on the old version were in the same alignment and also respawned that way (when not blocked) as well. Any way to randomize it?

Upvote 0
Awesome!

Being able to shoot both tanks with both rifles from variable angles will be most helpful. I'm working on pics identifying all the exact best spots on all aspects.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but all the tanks on the old version were in the same alignment and also respawned that way (when not blocked) as well. Any way to randomize it?

As in each tank respawns at a different allignment each time it spawns? There should be a variety of directions of tanks, but when one respawns it would assume the same allignment as the one that was destroyed. There may be a way to randomize this. Honestly though, the amount of targets on each side has nearly doubled so this may not be as big of a factor

EDIT:

OK once again I have learned something new. I can randomize the orientation of the tanks when they respawn. So you kill a side facing tank and maybe a rear facing tnk or front facing tank replaces it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
UPDATED!!

Added a 4 Story Tower for AT Role

Added a Small Arms Range with live respawning targets

Small Arms range has nearly every weapon in the game available for you to test and play with

Doubled Tank Targets by adding multiple Tank Models at each distance

Tanks now spawn at variable orientations, kill the Tank and it may respawn at a new angle

Kill Distance Messages are now displayed on your screen when a Tank is destroyed to give you Exact ranges

Added Transport Targets at close and short range

Added numerous Resupply points for all roles

As Always, Keep your feedback and input coming!

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A lot of respect to you for this map!

A short bug report :) :

1. It shows kill distance in a cumulative way, like you kill a tank it shows 33m, you kill the next one then it shows 33 70, you kill the third one it shows 33 70 103 etc..
It was funny, when testing on the russian side after around 30mins, AI on the german side began to shoot at russian targets and successfully killed tanks and it showed the kill distance to me too, exactly the way it shows when I myself kill an enemy tank :)

2. After killing a specific amount of human targets at the same target position it does not respawn again (after killing something like 10 or so).

3. Is it possible to rotate the building by 90 degrees?
Now I cannot deploy the weapon in the windows and unable to make tests on two tanks and halftrack in the rear area. The weapon can be deployed onto the sandbags, it should face to the rear area and the open place where the barrels are should face 90 degrees rotated in direction to the open area. You can also remove the barrels IMHO they are not necessary since the floor is open and clear towards the open space.

These are my suggestions....

Thx, again!

UPDATED!!

Added a 4 Story Tower for AT Role

Added a Small Arms Range with live respawning targets

Small Arms range has nearly every weapon in the game available for you to test and play with

Doubled Tank Targets by adding multiple Tank Models at each distance

Tanks now spawn at variable orientations, kill the Tank and it may respawn at a new angle

Kill Distance Messages are now displayed on your screen when a Tank is destroyed to give you Exact ranges

Added Transport Targets at close and short range

Added numerous Resupply points for all roles

As Always, Keep your feedback and input coming!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
It's a nice addition. I love having ammo boxes everywhere!

There's a couple of problems though:

You can't deploy out of any of the windows in the tower facing tanks. :p Also, the ammo caches are in the way. You can prone and deploy through the railings or where it's open to the floor.

On the top floor, there's an invisible wall you can go through to the open Gunnery range side, but you can't come back through. See pic.

Since angles are so important for AT rifles, it'd be great to have a couple of ai tanks driving & stopping around near the tower randomly or in figure 8's or something. That way, you could learn to hit the weak spots at the right angles. With tanks at a distance, if you're not at the right angle, it's hopeless. If they are stationary and close you can move around them. Ignore me if it's too much trouble.

This map is something TWI should include in SP.

Attachments

• 2015-02-27_00010.jpg
    2015-02-27_00010.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Personally me I disagree with adding moving AI vehicles to the map, it's so cute to pratice in a calm environment.
Not to mention AI driven tanks will try to kill you since you are an enemy soldier....

It's a nice addition. I love having ammo boxes everywhere!

There's a couple of problems though:

You can't deploy out of any of the windows in the tower facing tanks. :p Also, the ammo caches are in the way. You can prone and deploy through the railings or where it's open to the floor.

On the top floor, there's an invisible wall you can go through to the open Gunnery range side, but you can't come back through. See pic.

Since angles are so important for AT rifles, it'd be great to have a couple of ai tanks driving & stopping around near the tower randomly or in figure 8's or something. That way, you could learn to hit the weak spots at the right angles. With tanks at a distance, if you're not at the right angle, it's hopeless. If they are stationary and close you can move around them. Ignore me if it's too much trouble.

This map is something TWI should include in SP.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick feedback and testing guys!

I did not thoroughly test the Kill Distance Text and am currently working on a fix to this.

As far as the bots, if you load the level with 0 bots it will address the problem you stated as the way I set it up in the kismet was upon destroying a vehicle, it calculates the distance between you and the vehicle, regardless of who destoyed this. I may just move the spawn points for the tanks so that the bots cant "see" any targets from the spawn, or put up a blocking volume that prevents them from shooting out of the spawn.

I used a "lazy" kismet set up for the spawning of the human targets and believe it will be an easy solution so each one spawns independent of the others when killed after a 10 sec or so cool down between.

As far as the building goes, I removed all of the "debris" and now it will be the wooden floors. I failed to add covernodes to several points which is why you cant deploy the AT rifle at some of those windows. If I ensured that you could shoot from each side on each floor would that work for you or would rotating the building be better?

I fixed that invisible wall on the top floor also. I can definitely look into adding moving targets, similar to the moving recon plane in the actual game, would just follow a set animation track then respawn like the other tanks when destroyed.

What I wanted to really look into was displaying the damage points to the screen with each hit on a tank so you know exactly how much damage is done with each shot at each location. I believe this is doable, but will take some trial and error with the kismet on my end.

Let me know what you think and I will get this updated soon!

Upvote 0