• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-TankGunnery

Download link in the first post does not work...

Woops, fixed it thanks

Updated OP also.

Download Here

Change Log (03/04/2014):
Fixed Distance to Target Bug

Added "Damage Points" for each strike on a tank that inflicts damage

Fixed Small arms range spawning bug

Added Numerous Cover Nodes

Added Even more Tanks to the AT side of the range

Fixed Bots Shooting from Spawn Bug

Added More ReSupply Points

Respawn time now 5 secs

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This map is awesome! :D

I just played around a bit, having lots of options for different angles is very illuminating.

No issues with the map so far.

I've noticed that sometimes when I spawn on this version and previous, my rifle shoots far off center. I'll have to aim half a tank off to one side for example at 200-300m. I doubt it's a map issue, I think in game we're not usually shooting past 200-250 or so, and might not notice it so much. I have had puzzling episodes in game before where I can't hit a thing, then die, respawn and all is well, which I think is the same issue.

Damage values are.... good to see, they act strangely sometimes, I likely don't understand them yet.

They accumulate if you're shooting the same place until you get into the 2500 -3500 range when the tank blows. I assume it's showing more damage being done as the plate weakens. But, when you switch to another spot for a shot or two, and then return, the values aren't exactly where you left off. For example, if you switched when you were at 2000, when you return, you'll start back at 1700. :confused:

My new goal is to have all tanks killed before the first one respawns.... got a ways to go.

Attachments

• 2015-03-04_00001.jpg
    2015-03-04_00001.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-03-04_00002.jpg
    2015-03-04_00002.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great! Glad you like it

If you develop a diagram for the weak spots on all the tank models, send it to me. I want to add it to the map as a large sign near the firing line. There are a few on here, but I am not sure how accurate they still are.

I also noticed sometimes things are off center. The map was developed for long range accuracy from its inception, so I ensured it is as centered as possible to avoid the off center firing issues, but they still pop up, although not always...oh well

Upvote 0
These are WIP, if anyone sees spots I've missed, or are wrong let me know. Feel free to chime in. I've only shown spots that are reliably reproducible. I've had kills in many other spots, primarily on the turret, but they seem to be only when the overall health of the tank is very low.

With the new damage info, there could be more places that are causing mechanical damage, but don't kill the tank. I haven't explored that yet.

When I feel the data is complete, I'll start another thread on how to kill tanks with AT rifles.

If the soft spots on a tank are symmetrical, I'm only showing one side.

Red will kill the tank at any distance, in a clip or more maybe, but will easily kill it.
Blue will kill it in 1-3 shots at any distance.
Green is track/transmission damage only.

Edit: New thread ----> http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1361143#post1361143

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Test ptrs on T70 and see what happens, i was finding it does little to no damage.

It works fine on the radiator and turret roof. Not at all on the sides if I remember correctly.

I did discover with the damage display, that you can do damage to tanks in the usual spots even with rounds that shatter. Not always, but sometimes and it will kill the tank. :eek:

Upvote 0
I got ahold of Dibbler and he was able to offer some insight on the Tank Damage System.

Most tanks have an overall health of ~600

Insta Kill Zones get Multiplied Damage

The Damage displayed when you score a hit, isn't necessarily the amount deducted from the tanks overall health.

Zones take local damage, which then translates into a value deducted from the Tank's overall pool of health

Penetration Shots always do damage to the Tank along with spalling shots, but certain zones multiply this damage done (this number is a calculated variable that is not the same necessarily each time).

Zones appear to be able to be "destroyed" without destroying the tank. These zones then continue to "Take Damage" although they are destroyed. It is this situation that has confused me the most as you continue to get good hits on the tank with damage, but the tank does not die.

So with this in mind, I would like to take this feedback a step further and possibly get both Overall Tank Damage as well as the Zone Damaged with each hit. This may take this beyond the scope of Kismet, but going to look into it. Please continue to share your experiences or thoughts with the map as well.

Upvote 0