• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Rakowice

Well, I've been keeping up with this map and the woes with the destructible cap zones are unfortunate. Hopefully you'll find a way to keep it as originally intended, it's a nice dynamic to the map.

Isn't that the way they worked on the original Rakowice? Blow the dump and the Germans can't retake the ammo bunker, etc...

EDIT: just booted up Ostfront to see for myself. Turns out blowing the objectives does not cap the objectives, but does ensure that they cannot be retaken.

I think it's fine if destroying the objectives caps them and means they can't be retaken.

I agree with Nikita here, this will still retain the value of destroying the objectives for the Engineers and for the defenders to keep the attackers momentum further back from them.

My only criticisms with the map currently: the hangar objective looks a bit drab compared to the original map. The working of the hangar's interior itself feels too sterile and linear, an internal redesign would be the icing on this snowy cake.

Also, while perhaps temporary, the huge bold message telling Germans to retreat that intrudes the middle of one's screen is not necessary. I'm an advocate of having folks learn the hard way.

Just my humble opinions, love the map.

Upvote 0
As for now the destroyables are out as they could break the game. It might be solved later. About the Hangar. A hangar is a hangar which is often a simple rightangled box with a roof. I just looked at the original hangar and I noticed its doors are on the other side. Besides that the original hangar is a rightangle with one interior area.

I agree on you people have to learn the hard way, but once you release your map you might understand how it feels when you play your map and all stuff feels logic for you and you see and hear other player wondering what to do.
You will do a huge facepalm believe me.

As an example more then once I joined Rakowice when the destroyables where still in. Engineers had no clue. When they died I had to pick up their satchels destroyed the guns. Pick up another set and ran to the bunker to destroy the ammo.

Unfortunatly I need the sudden Spawnprotection I could let the Russians spawn further back but that would make their rundistance to long. So I tested a delay in the Spawnprotection. It works but I was convinced that players would wonder
what happened so I added that text. To inform the Axis to retreat hoping they would understand. Its temporary and I might take it out. But even with the text people starts to yell "There is something wrong with the spawnprotection"

I'm close to a release with more cover approaching the Perimeter. And looking into the original I might add more deeper artillery shellholes on the runway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why don't you remove the ammobunker as a cap zone,its too close to the Axis spawn anyway,and put the destroyable objective back in there,surely the engineers will understand that they have to blow it up to advance?(search and destroy anyone?)
Create another cap zone in one of the underground passages,after the hanger.:IS2:
I agree a hanger is a hanger,no need to decorate it.

edit: or thinking about other gametypes,how about base assault where the ammobunker can be totally destoyed by tank fire if the engineer doesn't do it (or vice versa) eg: 10 HE shots from the Allied tank destroys the bunker.

Hint hint:http://youtu.be/_yaVX_Kp9g4

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why don't you remove the ammobunker as a cap zone,its too close to the Axis spawn anyway,and put the destroyable objective back in there,surely the engineers will understand that they have to blow it up to advance?(search and destroy anyone?)
Create another cap zone in one of the underground passages,after the hanger.

Didn't I mention that the destroyable objectives can cause a gamebreaking error. Its the same as in game people won't read :eek::eek:

Upvote 0
A hangar is a hangar which is often a simple rightangled box with a roof. I just looked at the original hangar and I noticed its doors are on the other side. Besides that the original hangar is a rightangle with one interior area.

Well, I know what a hangar is, thanks. I just meant the interior looks sterile, especially compared to the runway right beyond it. There was an obvious bombardment that took place in the area and the hangar looks very 'hand placed' and preemptively setup instead of a right-angled box that was in the middle of a bombardment and battle. More over, right now it's a boring objective for the gameplay when it should be the centre for when the battle culminates and heats up.

It's just my observation (as an artist I micro analyse everything), if you don't prefer my suggestions on things of this nature it's perfectly cool because I don't want it to rub off wrong. Nor do I want the inclination that since I'm making a map I would know any better, I'm a mere custom map peasant still learning from guys like yourself. Either way, I still very much enjoy the map.

Upvote 0
Well, I know what a hangar is, thanks. I just meant the interior looks sterile, especially compared to the runway right beyond it. There was an obvious bombardment that took place in the area and the hangar looks very 'hand placed' and preemptively setup instead of a right-angled box that was in the middle of a bombardment and battle. More over, right now it's a boring objective for the gameplay when it should be the centre for when the battle culminates and heats up.

It's just my observation (as an artist I micro analyse everything), if you don't prefer my suggestions on things of this nature it's perfectly cool because I don't want it to rub off wrong. Nor do I want the inclination that since I'm making a map I would know any better, I'm a mere custom map peasant still learning from guys like yourself. Either way, I still very much enjoy the map.

For several reasons I can react a little grumpy lately and as a non English origin I had to read this twice. :D

In previous versions of this map the hangar had a non damaged roof. So this custom damaged roof model and beams was brought in to make it more believable. So now half the roof is gone and it have debris spreaded so at least it have some damage. I also worked on damaged barracks and one can find a small example in the map, but not enough time and options to finetune them.

I like your input and like you I love to micro analyse the same. So things look realistic as it could have been like that.
Thats why I like to deliver polished realistic maps with all available gamemodes. And see where it got me.
No no Drecks don't go there.

My imagination isn't the border its the possibilities I have as a non pro LD who does this in his spare time. Same as Coldsteel this map brings in custom content, but there are limits which I love to cross if only I had the resources and crew. Still lots of thanks to Shadowwill for his work. He did a great job.

Now I will release an updated version tomorrow......

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is probably Rakowices last update for a while. Major changes are that the perimeter approach have more to offer for both teams. Cover and trenches. The Controltower approach have a bit more cover, like deeper bomb craters and the overall map had some more polish.

1jan.jpg

1jan2.jpg

Tadaa.

Last edited:
Upvote 0