• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Nomadskaya

Catalavos

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore, MD
hI0i9WU.jpg

Link:http://www.mediafire.com/download/g7yqdavbjy1yoqt/TE-Nomadskaya.roe

An Arad-inspired, combined arms map from your pal, Catalavos.

Not exactly a re-make but not exactly not a re-make either! I did the whole thing from memory and likely got a bunch of stuff completely wrong. But who cares? It's another custom map to play! (or ignore)

What you get!
60 Minutes of fun!
4 Groovy Objectives!
6 Tanks per team!
Hundreds of destructible thingies!

I've also attempted to make it so that Bots cannot take important roles like TL and SL and will expand this to include all "special" roles (engineer, sniper AT). There are a lot more details to add and I'm sure there are some cover nodes forgotten which will all be addressed in the next update. Constructive criticism and suggestions on how to make it a better map is always welcome.

UPDATE 1/31/15
Get the new version from the link above
Lots of new stuff and fixes
-added Lumber Mill to Obj. C
-added Abandoned Farm to Obj. D
-Fixed missing blocking volumes on a few buildings
-Tweaked some interior lighting
-New overhead map shows spawn protected areas
-Lots more vegetation

UPDATE 2/13/15
New link added above
-Added 2 more APC's per team (total of 6)
-New barn at "Abandoned Farm" Objective
-Lots more vegetation
-Added some knocked out vehicles for cover
-Fixed buildings that needed blocking volumes
-Added other small details
-Fixed bug where German's couldn't win the map round
-Increased objective capture time to 30 seconds
-

Last edited:
No, you can run it from the console command but it will not load with bots. To get the bots to work you have to download it from Steam Workshop (which I'm setting up now).

I don't think you need to download it from Steam Workshop for that, I know I have tried out maps in single player before and have used bots just from the map download links that you and other mappers have given us.

Upvote 0
Did a quick run thru solo, looks nice.

Hopefully get a chance to play this on a server with players, and give more thoughts this weekend!

PS: I'd normally give ideas on performance, fps etc but I just did a new computer build and even with graphics maxed out, I am getting an even 60 fps and the GTX970 isn't even breaking a sweat, the gpu fan speed won't even hit 10% :eek:

Upvote 0
:)

The map is currently active on Crucible. I was delighted to see that the AI jumped to action (both tanks and infantry) the moment the map started. In some otherwise beautiful maps, the Tank AI just sits there like useless lumps.
Very sad. But not on this one. Everything moves like it has a purpose.

True, as soon as I spawned, the AI jumped in the tanks and rushed off and did battle with the enemy tankers.

Bravo!

Upvote 0
:cool:

Indeed. Another sad issue I've seen on a few maps involving tanks is that the human tank commander cannot even order AI tanks toward an objective using the "B" command widget. They don't respond. It's enough to make you weep, because in many cases these maps are otherwise well designed and worthwhile. I'm not going to list them, because I don't relish criticizing mappers. But I sure hope in the future this kind of neglect where AI is concerned will diminish.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for the comments! I already have a big changelist for the next update which will be about a week from today. I welcome all constructive criticism.

Short list of fixes:
Fix collision on a bunch of buildings.
Add a lot more clutter in the villages
Improve some sections of forests
Add more AI paths (as LugNut observed, the current AI only attack A & B).
Improve squad layout so that the bots respond better if you play as SL

and other stuff.

Upvote 0