• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[MAP]TE-Coldsteel_b2 Release

Yeah now we only need to play it without Fritz and Ivan. :D:D:D:D

64 human players on this map would be amazing, yes.

Once my desktop is reassembled with the replacement parts I just got back from Newegg, I'll be more then happy to occupy any server playing the map. I just wish more folks in the community felt the same.

The player numbers is a huge issue right now, throw custom maps in the mix and its an unfortunate situation.

Upvote 0
64 human players on this map would be amazing, yes.

Once my desktop is reassembled with the replacement parts I just got back from Newegg, I'll be more then happy to occupy any server playing the map. I just wish more folks in the community felt the same.

The player numbers is a huge issue right now, throw custom maps in the mix and its an unfortunate situation.

You hit the nail on the head there,player numbers ARE the problem,and not just the numbers,its the type of players as well,many of the diehard Ostfront players are gone,now we have more casual players who just want to jump on a server and play their fav. map,they can't be bothered downloading and installing custom maps or using a redirect system which crashes their game, or disconnects them from the server.

Reactions: Verluste
Upvote 0
You hit the nail on the head there,player numbers ARE the problem,and not just the numbers,its the type of players as well,many of the diehard Ostfront players are gone,now we have more casual players who just want to jump on a server and play their fav. map,they can't be bothered downloading and installing custom maps or using a redirect system which crashes their game, or disconnects them from the server.

Sadly, I think you are mostly right about that. There is a bit different mentality between Ostfront and Heroes players...

Upvote 0
Sadly, I think you are mostly right about that. There is a bit different mentality between Ostfront and Heroes players...
that's what happens when you make heros more like cod than ost. looks like most of the ost guys are just sittin back, not playing, waiting for what they want the game to be, instead of playing till they get it. me? i'll go either way and play the game, no matter what diresction it takes. i'll love it either way.:D

Upvote 0
kids these days aren't used to mods and mappacks anymore. they'll rather pay $$ for dlc they don't have to manually put in a certain folder. there's some exceptions, but most aaa titles aren't moddable at all anymore. (*angrily waving my cane at suspicious looking kids across the street*)
coldsteel seems to be a nice map (would love to see more humans playing it :(), some of the halls look a bit empty though, put some more rubble und junk in them for eye candy.

Upvote 0
I haven't had a chance to play RO2 in quite a while, but I took the time to check your map out. And as usual, Drecks, you didn't dis-appoint. I loved your textures and the layout of the map. Sadly, I haven't had a chance to play it with live players...just me and 15 bots. As far as bot pathing goes, it worked well.

I'd love to try it on a full server of 24+ people. It looks challenging and ideal for some good old fashioned RO style fire fights.

I know that these are trying times for mappers.... I appreciate and applaude your efforts. Imho, as custom mappers go, so goes RO2.

+1 I'm honestly not to trying to be elitist, but this is a large part of why I don't make more effort to play. I can't quite put my finger on it. Though to be honest, I started noticing a change in the latter days of RO:Ost. Maybe I'm just getting cranky in my old age.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Latest build that I saw was version 6. It might be 7 by now depending on changes he has made using the beta sdk.

He had some pictures in the development thread: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=76004&page=14[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=76004&page=14[/URL]
I read that as well I think. The latest build I could find though was B4 with Gleedo's awesome download tool. Will post screenies anyway. Promoting custom maps never hurts, especially with the free weekend right around the corner :)

Here's a link to some screens: [url]http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198029192196/screenshot/560942235989223606/?[/URL]. Everything maxed out, no AA. Figured out how to let hands and weapon disappear through console halfway through, so some of the screens show hands and some don't.

Upvote 0