• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Coldsteel

I have it recooked but as far as I know it will be released with the next MCP update. All I can say have some patience. Believe me you will survive waiting to play that map. I did so you will also and I waited much longer.

I still wonder why your map is not played more often. Its probably the best looking custom map out there and you got several ways into every objective. I would say it plays better then most TWI maps

Upvote 0
I still wonder why your map is not played more often. Its probably the best looking custom map out there and you got several ways into every objective. I would say it plays better then most TWI maps

BINGO!!! We have a winner!!! Coldsteel is among our favorites, if not our favorite, too. ;)

Upvote 0

I quit wondering a while ago and decided to leave the game. I just dont like to create stuff and let it gather dust on a shelf.

According to the feedback I got after the "Phase 2 contest playtest'" the map turned out into a giant stonewall at Objective A with 64 players. They never got passed it. While I never experienced that and with me many others that seems to be the main reason the map failed. Funny to finally read the opposite here.
But enough said its all history now so let it be.

I'm now busy to finalize Coldsteel and meanwhile learning the CRY SDK.

Upvote 0
I quit wondering a while ago and decided to leave the game. I just dont like to create stuff and let it gather dust on a shelf.

According to the feedback I got after the "Phase 2 contest playtest'" the map turned out into a giant stonewall at Objective A with 64 players. They never got passed it. While I never experienced that and with me many others that seems to be the main reason the map failed. Funny to finally read the opposite here.
But enough said its all history now so let it be.

I'm now busy to finalize Coldsteel and meanwhile learning the CRY SDK.

Great map and I don't personally recall the map ending on Objective A. Sounds a bit fishy...

It played great and was definitely the most polished of all the maps.

Upvote 0
Not to hijack this thread but I really feel like RS has killed great custom maps like Coldsteel as all RO2 servers seem to be nothing but stock and contest winners. I haven't played Der Iwan Berg, myoshka river, coldsteel, Odessa, kaukusus, or Zhukovka in weeks on a remotely full server :(.

I hope once RS newness wears off this will fade...

Upvote 0
STAYING ON TOPIC

Great map and I don't personally recall the map ending on Objective A. Sounds a bit fishy...

It played great and was definitely the most polished of all the maps.
A bit fishy?? More like an outright exaggeration.

Coldsteel is, as you say, the most polished of all the maps. The smallest details are most exact. The playability is marvelous and the repeat playability is above reproach.

Upvote 0
According to the feedback I got after the "Phase 2 contest playtest'" the map turned out into a giant stonewall at Objective A with 64 players.

If you ask me some people spend way to much time sanitizing these maps...

The best way to balance a map is not to try and influence every possible outcome but to leave it open. I feel you're map does just that.
Anyway for what its worth, its my favorite map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's odd and unfortunate. In all the matches I've had on Coldsteel, regardless of it being lengthy or not, I've always seen the map pass by the first objective.

This map was the first polished custom map out there, in my honest opinion.

I too have never seen the game stop at the first objective. This is very strange. Coldsteel in my opinion is better than most stock maps. Real shame.

Upvote 0