• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Bridges of Druzhina Beta5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the compliments ^^

But it seems like the servers I've been in, players still can't get past the sheds or the bakery and Distillery which is causing much hatred of the map.
I hear/see "it's too long" "too many objects", "too hard", "SOoo imbalanced", "Whoever made this map loves the Germans", (so not true btw) "Why are there even MORE restrictions on the tank now?" I lol'd at that one. Not sure what restrictions were on the tank before but anyway...

I'll make some more changes to cap sizes and German spawn placement to see if they can push through. Some other tweaks as well.

Upvote 0
Don't pay attention to those inarticulate in-game whines; people tend to complain about anything if they find they are not doing well. :) Serious feedback is most likely to be found in places like this thread. I think your latest revisions have brought improvement to the map on all fronts.

That said, on about 75% of the time I have played on this map, the Russians always have a difficult time breaking through the H and I caps due to a geography and vegetation which primarily heavily favours the defending team. The caps C and D, I feel, are rather small for a battlefield of such vastness, and the complete lack of cover makes attacking/defending these objectives more tedious than fun. I would favour expanding those trenches using some of TWI's trenches meshes to make the cap bigger and to introduce some variability to gameplay. The ideal trench network isn't necessarily a huge one, or even continuous; I think it would be best to scatter short sections of trenches across the plains to provide the Russians some cover without making it too easy. I think you may want to also consider pushing A and B back a bit so that the Germans are able to actually put up a fight (and to make them not quite so redundant). One of the things I feel most strongly about on this map is the artillery delay timer; I think it's too short. Whenever the allies are about to capture H or I, the axis artillery falls right on top of them and completely undoes the attack. There is no possible thing the attacking team can do about this, because there is absolutely no covered areas in those parts of the map. I don't know how long it is right now, but I think an additional 120 seconds would not be too drastic a change.

Upvote 0

But it seems like the servers I've been in, players still can't get past the sheds or the bakery and Distillery which is causing much hatred of the map.
I hear/see "it's too long" "too many objects", "too hard", "SOoo imbalanced", "Whoever made this map loves the Germans", (so not true btw) "Why are there even MORE restrictions on the tank now?" I lol'd at that one. Not sure what restrictions were on the tank before but anyway...

I'll make some more changes to cap sizes and German spawn placement to see if they can push through. Some other tweaks as well.
I don't know exactly how it is now, but maybe you could get rid of lockdown after the first bridge? I personally think it's pretty balanced and you got a bad Russian team in those matches you played. One problem that is hurting your map a lot is the MGs on a slope exploit, that can kill dozens without a chance of being killed, but that's not your fault.

Upvote 0
played a couple rounds on rgn server this am. (no tank) it was a blood bath. the russians would not use smoke to get in the caps and we never got anywhere till the germans let us, cause they knew we were about to rage-quit. i went tl just to have two smoke grenades and threw them and re-supplied every chance i got, but it wasn't enough. couldn't get the rest of the guys, (there were only about ten to a team) to go sl and use smoke. it was horrible. german mg's were setup to cover the re-supply points and mowed us down. only two arty calls killed us as well. was a great example of why team work wins on the map. we had none, they had thier **** wired! :(

Upvote 0

Increasing cap sizes would probably help. The sheds and the trenches are such small areas to fight over.

Upvote 0
:D I know Night but I have to pay attention to the whines when there are more than I'd like. Trouble is not many Russians are doing well so the whining is continual.Having said that what I do take the most notice of is the match itself and from what I'm seeing mostly is Epic Russian Fail. :) Except on Cats server where when the communication and teamwork is cooking, the Russians Win quite a bit.

Anyway, I'm just going to make B,C,F,G,H, I caps bigger for the moment. It should bring the Germans down from their cozy windows and hill tops. A little terrain tweak and two german spawns nudged back a little. This in itself could make all the difference, maybe not. If you do too much at once it's hard to know what broke it and made it suddenly a roll for the Russians. It's very easy to completely turn it in favour of one team with the smallest tweak. So it's baby steps.

Expanding trenches in my mind only gives the germans more areas to dig in at the beginning.
The arty time is tricky as it's based on the amount of times they can use it within the time of the map. Rather than being able to give the Russians 3.20 and the Germans 4:37. I've experimented with making the Germans have have 1 less than they currently do but for me it's too long in between.

@ Nezzer I can't turn CD off, but that's ok, I think other tweaks are what's needed at the mo.

@r5cya Yeah as you know the map wasn't set up to be tank free so I don't recommend playing it at all like that. It's like shooting fish in a barrel for Axis. (Must be pretty boring for the Germans as well) Not really sure why they don't try the tank coz it's not making that much of a difference from what I'm seeing.

anyway new version is cooking now.

Upvote 0
B5 version now up.

This version has some of the earlier cap zones made easier for the Russians
(larger cap area) and a couple of German spawns pushed back a little.
Caps that are larger are the Trenches, Sheds, Distillery and Bakery.

2 sets of tanks traps on either side are now destroyable also.

Terrain has been edit a little here and there.

Upvote 0
Installed....

Would it be possible to examine the spawn times? I've gotten a number of squawks about big differences in the spawn times... for Axis and Allies.

hmm I don't have control over spawn times...I don't think.
Otherwise I would lengthen the tank spawn times. What's going on exactly?

admins: would you mind changing the title of the thread to Beta 5 if you can? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And how would you feel about removing the last bridge capzone? I am not sure, as I haven't gotten to it quite enough as Allies, but it felt redundant when I did. The Soviets have really favourable positions then and Axis can't do much to stop them, with little to no cover on their side of the bridge.

Perhaps a bit less concealment in the forest after the first cap, but a tad more cover — fallen trees, maybe a car wreck or so?

(Btw, I also loved the DH map the early part is based off and this is a fantastic map as well, as you can obviously tell; good luck with your next creation once you're done with this — it'll be eagerly anticipated!)

Upvote 0
hmm I don't have control over spawn times...I don't think.
Otherwise I would lengthen the tank spawn times. What's going on exactly?

Allies get 8-10 second spawns... Axis the majority are 20-28 seconds.

That is what's been brought to my attention by our regulars. Maybe infantry and vehicle spawn times are set differently. IDK.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
played a couple rounds on rgn server this am. (no tank) it was a blood bath. the russians would not use smoke to get in the caps and we never got anywhere till the germans let us, cause they knew we were about to rage-quit. i went tl just to have two smoke grenades and threw them and re-supplied every chance i got, but it wasn't enough. couldn't get the rest of the guys, (there were only about ten to a team) to go sl and use smoke. it was horrible. german mg's were setup to cover the re-supply points and mowed us down. only two arty calls killed us as well. was a great example of why team work wins on the map. we had none, they had thier **** wired! :(

hahaha I was there.

I'd say artillery on the cap zones is a bit op, though enlarging the zones should solve that.

Upvote 0
The biggest problem I have seen with I so far is when the russians are not able to dominate the top floor rather fast and a german pioneer decides to throw some satchel charges out of the windows. Most russian though won't throw a grenade up there because chances are too high to miss the windows and kill allys.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.