• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Bridges of Druzhina Beta5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest problem I have seen with I so far is when the russians are not able to dominate the top floor rather fast and a german pioneer decides to throw some satchel charges out of the windows. Most russian though won't throw a grenade up there because chances are too high to miss the windows and kill allys.
top floor of what? there's a few caps with top floors.

Upvote 0
Downloading right now to get into action on the 40-1 classic server. Awesome map (at least B4 was).

Feels good to a have a bigger map with a lot of different terrain. That russian tank is hard to get down, though. But that's cool because it's something different: the axis have to think and work together to get it.

I try to get you a bit more feedback when I've played it more.

Greets
Schepp himself

Upvote 0
Well, I just finished a round of this map on the classic server of 40-1 and I have to say: what a game! And what a map!

Nice transition from the open grounds into the city. As first time engineer I actually had a job blowing all those tank traps up and defending the tank from attacking AT-Germans (and trying not to die while doing all that).

The only thing that felt strange was the last cap point on the bridge which we capped being under that thing. Sort of a let down instead of a climax at the end of that 35min nail-biter.

But other than that very nice map, makes up for some good fights.

Greets
Schepp himself

Upvote 0
The only thing that felt strange was the last cap point on the bridge which we capped being under that thing. Sort of a let down instead of a climax at the end of that 35min nail-biter.
Yeah, that's what I told Harley a few weeks ago. I think the last objective of a map must be one of the hardest objectives of the map for the attackers. A true last stand of defenders. The Germans should get much better defensive positions and the bridge should be the only way across the river in that part of the map. I loved when the fight in Berlin/Kriegstadt got to the Moltke Bridge. I really loved fighting in that bridge. That's how I'd like to see the last objective of Bridges of Druzhina.

Darkest Hour Taking the Berlin Bridge - YouTube

Upvote 0
ahh that's right, thanks Drecks.

Regarding last bridge: Good to see some servers are actually making it to the last bridge in B5. Now I'll be able to see for myself what needs to happen. :)

It usually winds up a fierce battle - I do mean FIERCE.

People actually get so into this battle for the last bridge... they get emotional. ;)

Upvote 0
I joined in the second battle which was lost for the allies due to the time limit. The third and last battle (count was 1 to 1), we were doing rather well. A well communicating team and players which got used to their role in this map were a huge factor, imo. We got to the last objective with 5+ minutes left (not that much, considering we made almost perfect progress up to this point) and a harsh shootout commenced over that bridge. TL and SLs were shouting that they needed MG-support, tank was calling out for support, assault-troopers were calling out for smoke and riflemen just died. So everything a good game of Red Orchestra needs... :)

The aforementioned let down was, as some guys said: "hey dudes, get under the bridge and cap!" which we did and won.

So maybe a little bit more time (40 minutes instead of 35), reinforcements were ok, as far as I could tell, cap under the bridge deleted. I can imagine that taking the ground under the bridge can help the attackers out because they can get to the other side mainly unharmed and grenade the axis there. But that's a rough guess after playing this particular part of the map once...

Greets
Schepp himself

Upvote 0
Well, this map has sure had an impact on us and the public in general. I'm saying this with a chuckle, but we've actually had an internal struggle on how best to host this map. It is so popular at times, we have had it running on three of four servers. Viper recently suggested we try it on a 24/7 server. So we did. We want folks to play "Bridges" until they drop if they want to. But at the same time, there are other really stellar maps on our servers that seemed to be getting pushed aside. So anyway we've tried to make Harley's map more accessable while still encouraging a wide selection. Everybody should have these problems, right? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, this map has sure had an impact on us and the public in general. I'm saying this with a chuckle, but we've actually had an internal struggle on how best to host this map. It is so popular at times, we have had it running on three of four servers. Viper recently suggested we try it on a 24/7 server. So we did. We want folks to play "Bridges" until they drop if they want to. But at the same time, there are other really stellar maps on our servers that seemed to be getting pushed aside. So anyway we've tried to make Harley's map more accessable while still encouraging a wide selection. Everybody should have these problems, right? :)
That's why I think servers that run custom maps should have map rotation instead of map vote. Some maps get overshadowed by the others and some are too overplayed. As much as I love Harley's map, I still can't bear to play more than three consecutive rounds on it. I like variety as much as I like quality. Bridges of Druzhina is my favourite map so far, better than any stock map too, but overplaying a map is never fun for me.

Upvote 0
Up and running on CLOWNS HEROES SERVER. Our server still sits empty and we run all the custom maps. Our server sits waiting for people to make it their own. It's been there since day one and anyone is welcome. We put it up for the community.

Come and enjoy it and make it a regular playing spot. New York server - good pings in the US. Always trying to keep up to speed with all the latest customs so folks can try them all out.

Enjoy.

Upvote 0
That's why I think servers that run custom maps should have map rotation instead of map vote. Some maps get overshadowed by the others and some are too overplayed. As much as I love Harley's map, I still can't bear to play more than three consecutive rounds on it. I like variety as much as I like quality. Bridges of Druzhina is my favourite map so far, better than any stock map too, but overplaying a map is never fun for me.

Then consider putting up a server of your own where you can do anything you wish to your heart's delight. Instead of trying to run everyone else's. ;)

Upvote 0
Then consider putting up a server of your own where you can do anything you wish to your heart's delight. Instead of trying to run everyone else's. ;)
And where have I said that I'm trying to run other people's servers? If I had your interpretation of suggestions, I could also tell you to remove the Russian tank yourself from the map in the SDK instead of forcing Harley to take it out with your authoritative and demanding posts. Dramatic, eh? :D

It's just my opinion, Mike. Bridges of Druzhina is being quite overplayed, and, while it's a good thing that the map turned out to be very popular, I fear that people could grow tired of it, with a chance of becoming an underplayed map in the future. I don't want that. It also isn't giving much room for the other maps. Yeah, Harley, your work was THAT good :IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And where have I said that I'm trying to run other people's servers? If I had your interpretation of suggestions, I could also tell you to remove the Russian tank yourself from the map in the SDK instead of forcing Harley to take it out with your authoritative and demanding posts. Dramatic, eh? :D

I TRIED with the turn off Vehicles command in WebAdmin... worked on ALL maps but Bridges. :mad:

It's just my opinion, Mike. Bridges of Druzhina is being quite overplayed, and, while it's a good thing that the map turned out to be very popular, I fear that people could grow tired of it, with a chance of becoming an underplayed map in the future. I don't want that. It also isn't giving much room for the other maps. Yeah, Harley, your work was THAT good :IS2:

We all know what they say about opinions.... but in any case, you are entitled to yours. ;)

We are set to run three rounds but only if there is a win for each side then they play for the best two out of three win. We turned map voting off ages ago due to idiot abuse. :)

I simply love Harley's water work... its the best I've seen yet. Take a moment and look carefully at the waves lapping against the shore line and bridge abutments ... It is so well done. Its more than impressive. :)

Upvote 0

:) OOooohh. Believe me we tried turning off map vote. But turning off the map vote is NOT the solution. We got clever and tried it. Within 72 hours the server was in the dust and had dropped four points in international standings. It was in a death spiral. If you want to kill a server, just start taking away options. Nope. WE are approaching this with kid gloves. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.