• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mandatory Killing Floor Update for Clients and Servers is now live

I noticed that Mountain Pass was updated with fog, more tree parallaxes, and the lighting adjusted; looks good.

Can you stop with updates who reset our game setup??? This is the second time I have to entirely setup all my options (keyboard, sound, etc) after an update...
That must be an odd problem on your end, I have never had to reconfigure after an update.

Upvote 0
well I can say that the most well known exploit with EvilSantaLair has been fixed (this is the one that is really close to the spawn point) and that famous "walking on air" glitch near the bridge, has been finally fixed. Ill sure miss that exploit. It was so fun seeing the Fleshies get all mad and start raging and then shread everything it touched :(

Also, the trees seem to be more, and their added in a way that makes it hard to see many openings. And there is fog there too. Also, when you spawn near the heli, if you run to the right, there is a new rock ledge that is there. I think that is a nice touch too.

Also, the icebreaker exploit seems to be fixed as well. I cant get into that area that was useable

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did icebreaker used to sway before? I don't know of as many exploits as some people but here what I found changed. There shouldn't be anything wrong with listing what's been fixed, but I wont be specific about the exploits still in there.

Fixed

• Evil Santas Lair: spot to the left of spawn
  • Amusement Park: Strength test next to dancing husk
  • Manor: Being able to escape the map next the the boats/ being able to crawl under the boats
  • Biohazard: Glitched trader
  • Mountain Pass: Hovering over the tunnel
  • Hospital Horrors: Being able to enter a spawn area

Maps still containing exploits

• Manor
  • Icebreaker
  • Departed
  • Evil Santas Lair
  • Filthcross
  • Hospital Horrors
Once again, this isn't a complete list, just a quick check. Feel free to add to it.

Upvote 0
Did icebreaker used to sway before? I don't know of as many exploits as some people but here what I found changed. There shouldn't be anything wrong with listing what's been fixed, but I wont be specific about the exploits still in there.

Fixed

• Evil Santas Lair: spot to the left of spawn
  • Amusement Park: Strength test next to dancing husk
  • Manor: Being able to escape the map next the the boats/ being able to crawl under the boats
  • Biohazard: Glitched trader
  • Mountain Pass: Hovering over the tunnel
  • Hospital Horrors: Being able to enter a spawn area
Maps still containing exploits

• Manor
  • Icebreaker
  • Departed
  • Evil Santas Lair
  • Filthcross
  • Hospital Horrors
Once again, this isn't a complete list, just a quick check. Feel free to add to it.
The swaying, is one of the most unique map features Ive seen so far. It only sways when you are playing solo. When your playing with others, it doesnt sway. Also, what gltch or bug is there still in evilSantaLair, and icebreaker? I tested the icebreaker "computer server's room" area with the glass and everything, and I cant fit inside of it any more. I guess theres another glitch or something?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Checking to see if there is going to be a fix or another patch to fix the recent patch? I posted in the dedicated server area, but never got a reply. :( This recent patch left off or well... took away a lot of needed files for especially modded servers running the KFL mod. Or well, any mod that uses the circus characters. Files in the sound, texture, was left out. As far as I can tell animations, static mesh, and music are good.

I did just back up my servers the other day... Thank goodness. And i was going to compare the files in each directory to try and find which files are missing, but i found that new files have also been added, so that makes things a little more difficult... So, my questions are, was the sounds and textures for the circus characters left out by mistake or are the going to remain missing? Also, there are some sound files that was left off from some of the main maps.. Hellride was one of them. So, even the standard servers are being affected.

Figured I would check, i shut my server off last night, in hopes that a fix would be out today, but unless a fix was placed with the same version. Because when i check for an update, it says i already have an up to date version. I can easily remove the files, and copy over my back ups if there is a new fix out, just checking before I waste more time.

So, final question is, was this an accident, the files where taken out or not added to the patch? and either way, is a new patch coming out o fix this? I was trying to fix my heavily modded server last night, but just got tired of trying to keep looking for each file that was missing, every time i started up the server. I added all the circus files back, but again, there are others missing as well. :(

Sorry for the long post, but just trying to be as descriptive as possible :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pie1055 found something (link to his post http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=79884&page=5 )
KFweaponselecthidden.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't use the ingame dedicated server if you wanna play on it ?
Doesn't make a difference.

If you set up your server folder via steamCMD (ucc.exe to host) on the same machine you want to play KF on, you will not be able to launch KF. The only thing about the steamCMD way of doing it is that you can actually play if you launch KF first then the server.

I don't know why TWI changed this. You used to be able to run ucc.exe and killingfloor.exe at the same time without any conflicts in steam. It could be because of everything switching over to steamCMD, but still.

Upvote 0
This recent patch left off or well... took away a lot of needed files for especially modded servers running the KFL mod. Or well, any mod that uses the circus characters. Files in the sound, texture, was left out.
Your mutators should not be dependent on Tripwire's default Xmas or Circus/Halloween packages. Tripwire regularly modifies and deletes them when the events are not active. You should create new packages with the same content but using unique names so they don't conflict. It's massively inconvenient and adds a massive download to anyone who joins, but it's the only way to be sure.

Upvote 0
Your mutators should not be dependent on Tripwire's default Xmas or Circus/Halloween packages. Tripwire regularly modifies and deletes them when the events are not active. You should create new packages with the same content but using unique names so they don't conflict. It's massively inconvenient and adds a massive download to anyone who joins, but it's the only way to be sure.

Learnt my lesson after it broke the RPG mod that first time! :p

Upvote 0
Can you stop with updates who reset our game setup??? This is the second time I have to entirely setup all my options (keyboard, sound, etc) after an update...

That must be an odd problem on your end, I have never had to reconfigure after an update.

I don't think so. The two time, me and all my friends playing killing floor (8 friends) had to reconfigure our games. So, it's not an isolated problem.

We are french, and maybe it's the french version who have a bug...

An answer from Tripwire Interactive team would be appreciate. It is very frustrating to have to reconfigure our games after each updates...

Upvote 0
Hey there i write my bug report here too, its about the last update you released
(http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=83125)
So the linux dedicated server is still NOT up to date! Please fix it asap!
app_update 215350 validate (win)
app_update 215360 validate (linux) we update with this and wrong maps see in the other thread, MD5 checksums to validate what i say

Upvote 0