• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Low Levels on Suicidalserver

Drop your corpses. Especially on suicidal servers. Headless corpses can still do damage. Headless corpses can still block movement. Letting them walk around is dangerous and lazy. Drop your corpses or don't complain when others do it for you.

Disaagree. Unless your team is defening a narrow hallway such as ground floor of office. In other cases, killing headless zeds is a waste of ammo, a waste of time, stealing kills, and noob act.

When the head is removed, gorefasts cant run, bloats can puke, and they will die in less than 5 seconds. It is no point to waste ammo and time on them as you MUST have other zeds to worry about on a suicidual server.

Upvote 0
Disaagree. Unless your team is defening a narrow hallway such as ground floor of office. In other cases, killing headless zeds is a waste of ammo, a waste of time, stealing kills, and noob act.

When the head is removed, gorefasts cant run, bloats can puke, and they will die in less than 5 seconds. It is no point to waste ammo and time on them as you MUST have other zeds to worry about on a suicidual server.

I love that idea but what do you do if its a fleshpound :D. (Chances of a headless fleshpound attacking are like 1/100 but still)

Upvote 0
I love that idea but what do you do if its a fleshpound :D. (Chances of a headless fleshpound attacking are like 1/100 but still)

You obviously wait for it to bleed out or let a SS take care of it. ;)

But if it was me(Headless fleshpounds killing me are my #1 reason for rage quitting) I would be a KS noob and take it down before it did damage to anyone.

General rule to me is KS is ok as long as that headless speciment still poses a threat or is still attacking.

Upvote 0
i highly suggest against this. if it was still like mod then yes, but now that they die a few seconds after decap, its a waste of ammo and a waste of time.

They may die after a few seconds, but that few seconds can cause of a lot of havoc. Let me preface this by saying if someone plays in a barricaded room than it doesn't really matter. Most strategies don't really matter then as well.

But a headless corpse walking around for a few seconds blocks shots, can damage others, and restricts the teams movement. There is absolutely tons of ammo in the game and using ammo to drop mobs is never a waste.

Putting an extra 1 or 2 9mm rounds into a headless corpse is well worth the freedom of movement, the 20 armor or health someone would lose by a headless corpse attacking, or the clear view to the rest of the specimens for longer shots.

Upvote 0
But a headless corpse walking around for a few seconds blocks shots, can damage others, and restricts the teams movement. There is absolutely tons of ammo in the game and using ammo to drop mobs is never a waste.

Tons of ammo in suicidal? Seriously? Are you referring to ammo pickups or the amount of magazines/mag capacity? Ammo pickups are extremely scarce, and barring the M14 and maybe the SCAR (even though I love it to death), no weapon has "absolutely tons" of ammo. Also, if you're playing on suicidal, one or two 9mm rounds is most likely not going to drop anything, headless or otherwise.

Of course this is different if there's a headless Gorefast getting ready to slice someone, but if it's far enough away to where it's not a concern, why bother?

Upvote 0

1. Plenty of ammo in the game and tons of 9mm ammo.
2. Dropping a headless mob is always good strategy for reasons I've mentioned
3. There is no such thing as "stealing kills." And if there were, drop your own headless mobs and you don't have to worry about it
4. Shoot the threat till the threat ends. A headless mobs walking around is still a threat if someone is close

Upvote 0
Tons of ammo in suicidal? Seriously?

Yes, seriously.

Deafmute;584343barring the M14 and maybe the SCAR (even though I love it to death) said:
9mm does and that is all that is needed.

Also, if you're playing on suicidal, one or two 9mm rounds is most likely not going to drop anything, headless or otherwise.

Single 9mm is my primary weapon on suicidal.

Of course this is different if there's a headless Gorefast getting ready to slice someone, but if it's far enough away to where it's not a concern, why bother?

Well, duh. If a mob is 40 feet away sure. But if a mob is close to the group, then drop it.

Upvote 0
Single 9mm is my primary weapon on suicidal.
Mine too. And I run out of ammo even though it got something like 240 spare bullets :p

Headless zombies bleeding out block other zombies as well btw. Same with stunned zombies. I often shoot a few gorefasts once each in the body with a handcannon just to stun them and block everything behind them. to buy time. great when you try to do a run by.

And back when i played commando in sucidal (before the level 6 perk patch) i almost never shot zombies until they died. Bullpup is an amazing weapon for decapitating lesser zombies (but it sucks for trying to kill stuff using body shots unless you are leveling your perk).

I used to run the first waves with nothing but a bullpup (faster movement speed with only a 6 block weapon) and then add a chainsaw for later waves to stun-kill scrakes. For everything else, including decapitate of fleshpounds - which does not work anymore, bullpup ruled. Later we got a patch that introduced katana, then i used katana for stun locking scrake and added a single handcannon for the extra ammo + for killing crawlers and sirens.

Upvote 0