• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Low Frames for a good card..

If there's an option to disable Hyper-Threading, it'll be in the BIOS. If it's not there, that's most likely because it's hidden in the stock Alienware BIOS and you need an unlocked BIOS to see the advanced settings. I'm not gonna open up the whole can of worms about modding your BIOS and voiding your warranty, but believe me when I say, from personal experience, that disabling Hyper-Threading on your i7 will do nothing for this game. The engine simply ignores those four extra threads, so it has no effect either way.

Upvote 0
Maybe, but the cores by themselves without hyperthreading enabled are faster than with them (from everything I have read if the extra threads aren't idle) and since the game uses just one core for draw calls passed to the gpu, you may get a marginal performance boost.

I still don't think this is the real problem, Synch should not be getting stuttering lag regardless...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
try to set everything to max, and see if that sorts out your stuttering issue. It might be that your GPU is simply outrunning your cpu.

Some other things to try

in roengine.ini log for onethreadframelag (or something similar just search for lag) and set that to false

if you have rivatuner try setting max frames to render ahead to 0.

It`s: OneFrameThreadLag=False :)

Upvote 0