• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Localized damage, great! But...

CoD series is mainly a horror for realism lovers. F.ex.: CoD 5 allows you to grab a StGw44 as a Japanese infantryman.
And yet mentioned, you can fire a magazine into someone's legs and he's not dead.
And the .50cal Barrett story is another example for CoD = Unreal tournament WWII Edition.

Still falling to the ground something realistic. Surely there are whiners around saying: "No this takes the control out of my hands". I bet you'll have hardly any control over your body in real life when you're shot in the leg, particularly while sprinting. Films and video games tell a totally different story. Here you or the protagonist(s) can fight on even if your/their body/bodies are swiss cheese. You can still fight on. I not deny that even in real life some people keep fighting but I doubt it's that many. I just believe you should fall to the ground no matter if you're sprinting or what stance you got (except prone) you should have a date with the ground. That you can get up later, if you're not yet killed by a second shot/burst, might be possible. Like 10 secs you're forced to prone stance.

The feature I'm up was never yet implemented into any WWII FPS as all the arcade gamers can't cope with this happening to their player model. RO stood and stands for realism therefore it should be in Heroes of Stalingrad.

Upvote 0
yeah in terms of borking up your knees/ legs.

Me and a mate were running down a hall in his university dorm, i went to stop at the end of the hallway, put my foot out sideways, but instead of getting a flat grounding i put it up against the fire door by mistake. so my foot was at 45 degrees and i was still moving, the rest of my body went straight up against the door including my leg. just try bending your foot to 45 degrees to the side, that aint easy. I went down after hitting the door and my leg was in pain, nothing broken just some intense pulling of ligaments going on. took me all of 5 seconds to make sure i hadent broken anything and get back up, however i had a slight limp for 20 minutes and couldent walk very fast after getting back up.

Ive no idea what the effect of a bullet going through your leg is, but it shouldent be any less then that. ... Fking fire door....

oh yeah i should also say that i was wearing high backed work boots, so my ankle couldent really bend at all.. ( thats probably why my knee hurts a bit now even though that was 2 weeks ago )

Upvote 0
I think its a good ATTEMPT at realism but in real life youd fall to the ground. I don't imagine that being simulated to. So already it defeats the purpose o f realism. I mean when you get tackled in football the wind can get knocked out of you, but when you're friggen shot??? It's just like they thought of a cool idea and just added it in. It's pretty dumb and I really hope they don't keep this.

Upvote 0
What about the ACE mod for ArmA? What if the wound system is something like that?

You can pass out depending what shot you and where, where your screen (vision) fades black in and out. If it stays black for a long time, I think it means your heart stopped. When you wake up, you writhe on the ground for like 10 or 15 seconds or something, unable to do anything, then you can do stuff. If you are bleeding and awake, your screen has a pulsing red border around it. Someone with a bandage can come and stop the bleeding, or you can do it yourself (if you are awake). You can also be given morphine to stop the agony (and your avator from screaming). Epinephrin restarts your heart, but I think that's pushing it :D

I dont remember if being shot in the legs in ACE meant that you can only crawl from then on, I know it did in regular ArmA.

Arm shots reduce accuracy, stuff like that. But maybe a severe arm shot could cause you to lose the use of that arm?

Also, in ACE if you carry too much weight and sprint (or even run) for too long, your screen fades black in and out and you might pass out. If you keep going you are forced to the ground with the same animation of when you wake up after being unconscious. Maybe something like that would be interesting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For a fast RO match, lying on the floor for 10-15 seconds is too long.

Basically we are discussing if RO should have a form of last stand like in COD. In terms of realism, there is nothing wrong with it, but for gameplay purposes it can be said to be unfair for other people who get shot by the dying soldier.

Upvote 0
People who win medals. :p

Seriously though, depending on the type of bullet that hits you, a non-immediately lethal body shot should affect you, ranging from a heavy stun from a pistol round to a rifle/mg round knocking you to the ground and making you drop your weapon.

Also, will players be awarded points for wounding enemies? Maybe one point for a wound (only one, no matter how many times you wound the person), and two points for a kill?

It doesn not matter if you shoot someone with a .50 bmg the bullet impact is not going to knock them down what will knockl the down is shock and blood loss or a hit to the pelvis area(because its hard to stand with a shatterd pelvis.)

Upvote 0
I think these are all very valid points. I agree with the falling of the soldier due to shock or bleeding.

One suggestion I would like to make is that maybe, the length of time that the soldier stays alive after a life threatening but not instantly fatal wound could be affected by the amount of morale the soldier has. So if the soldier for whatever reason has an extremely high morale he may be able to accurately fire his rifle after being wounded in the chest. Which would then be followed by death. Someone with low morale would fall to the floor and give up on the fight/be overcome by pain.

Upvote 0
I think these are all very valid points. I agree with the falling of the soldier due to shock or bleeding.

One suggestion I would like to make is that maybe, the length of time that the soldier stays alive after a life threatening but not instantly fatal wound could be affected by the amount of morale the soldier has. So if the soldier for whatever reason has an extremely high morale he may be able to accurately fire his rifle after being wounded in the chest. Which would then be followed by death. Someone with low morale would fall to the floor and give up on the fight/be overcome by pain.

Makes perfect sense

Upvote 0

For me this is bit too much hollywood.

Sure, it happened, that guy was shot to chest etc.but kept up fighting until he passed out/died.

But the suggestion feels too gamey, because if you

Last edited:
Upvote 0