• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Known RO:O Errors/problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
=GG= Mr Moe said:
Unless you are completely new to the computer world, you would know that most fixes and updates take time. To say you are being completely ignored is I am sure, WRONG.

Patience.

dude,
He is just frustared like myelsef and everyone else that is having issue with this game, and lack of updates or posts from the DEV's

No need to start a Flame war, as your are trying to do!

Upvote 0
[69th]Batman said:
dude,
He is just frustared like myelsef and everyone else that is having issue with this game, and lack of updates or posts from the DEV's

No need to start a Flame war, as your are trying to do!

You will have to excuse me, but didn't this game come out a little over a week ago. I am not trying to start a 'Flame' (what the hell is that?) war. How many of you out there have COD 2 and are waiting for their first real patch. When did that come out, October? What is the comparison, 6 months to 9 days?

Listen, I am not trying to start a war. Just showing a little realism. When you see someone post, then post again in a couple of days, a day, or even hours later and expect a fix in the form of an update to be out there that soon, that is unrealistic.

Read up, you will see posts by some developers, even the president is in there, numerous times. Personally, if I had a problem, I would rather have them working on it than trying to answer every single post (many of them repeated) over and over. That is not trying to start a Flame(???) war, that is just being realistic.

Upvote 0
=GG= Mr Moe said:
You will have to excuse me, but didn't this game come out a little over a week ago. I am not trying to start a 'Flame' (what the hell is that?) war. How many of you out there have COD 2 and are waiting for their first real patch. When did that come out, October? What is the comparison, 6 months to 9 days?

Listen, I am not trying to start a war. Just showing a little realism. When you see someone post, then post again in a couple of days, a day, or even hours later and expect a fix in the form of an update to be out there that soon, that is unrealistic.

Read up, you will see posts by some developers, even the president is in there, numerous times. Personally, if I had a problem, I would rather have them working on it than trying to answer every single post (many of them repeated) over and over. That is not trying to start a Flame(???) war, that is just being realistic.

Maybe you should read what is typed CAREFULLY so that you understand what is being said before making unrelated comments to what I said.

Upvote 0
10-78 BusterKing said:
Your fix DOESN'T WORK.

There are many posts about this problem and we are being ignored completely.

Please acknowledge that you are aware of our problem and are trying to fix it. Many many of us are getting VERY frustrated by your TOTAL lack of response about this problem.

Hmmmmm. The fix they suggested doesn't work for you, or some other people with the same problem. It seems to you, that despite the posts by you and other people, they haven't solved, or seem to be working on it. In your eyes, they appear to be ingnoring you (totally, it does say TOTAL) and others in regards to said problem, and because of that, you and others are very frustrated.

Well, maybe you are trying to say something besides that, if so, I am sorry. I have also read other posts you made in other topics, so I am not unaware of what you have been posting.

No doubt you are frustrated, but if you have read the posts also (I am sure you have, maybe just overlooked some things) you would notice that every so often, the developers, even the president is in there making comments, not to mention other people in the forum posting to try to help people.

Now, what I said was in all realism, you cannot expect a fix/patch/update so soon. If one comes out soon to fix your problem, great. But me being realistic about it and telling you it probably won't be anytime soon, is just plain old being factual. That is it, nothing else. It is not to rub your nose in it that you or anyone else has a problem. If hearing that bothers you, sorry. I hope something is found out in short order to fix your problem, but you probably shouldn't count on it.

Upvote 0
I don't even know what the problem is I don't get any error messages, I don't run ZA I do have AVG and SPYBOT running and don't tell me to turn them off to try and run RO with them off.
If it can't run like every other game I've run on my computer then ffs what wtf are they releasing it now when the majority of people it seems can't even play and with developers offering half assed solutions to problems that should never of happened to begin with at least COD2 ran straight out of box since been out I've managed a total of less than 10mins play time with serious lag while connected to a local server with only 3 other people on server.

System Specs

Amd athlon 2400+
512mb ram
Nvidia FX5900 128mb
PF 2-1536mb
Windows XP SP2 up to date

Upvote 0
Being frustrated not to be able to play is one thing. Whining and flaming the dev's without giving a description of your problem is another.
Don't compare games, they all have their weaknesses. For having been playing fps for many years now, I can tell there is no perfect software, all of them have problems, and size of the dev company doesn't matter, actually it's even worse with giants like EA Games who forgot what is gaming passion and only look at their turnover.

When asking support, some use of support forum also teaches you you have to create a clear topic describing your problem, trying not to be aggressive even when angry, because it won't help to solve the solution, nor it will act as an incentive for the support team to help you.
That is basic education and understanding.

If you are running a local network, make sure the host machine is powerful enough, and well configured, as the network. There are many more chances your setup is faulty, rather than the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
dissapointed

dissapointed

Well so far my experence with RO has been at best dissapointing. Paid $24.95 for a game 2 days ago and havent been able to play it yet. Have not even tried to play on line yet because I cant even get the practice round to run. But once I get that figured out then because I am an AOL user I have the next set of probs. what BS.

Upvote 0
does anyone have an answer why I get the windows message unknown driver device,cos my comp just reboots at launch.I have updated driver,tried a few things I am worried that I have not seen anyone else complain of the same message.I also have ZA free version and run a powercolour radeon X850 XT PE.Shall I just be patient and wait for a patch cos I can be patient.Im prepared to wait for a month before I want my money back of steam,who I must say have been disapointing in their silence.Oh well!

Upvote 0
Detailed description

Detailed description

Wazid said:
I don't even know what the problem is I don't get any error messages, I don't run ZA I do have AVG and SPYBOT running and don't tell me to turn them off to try and run RO with them off.
If it can't run like every other game I've run on my computer then ffs what wtf are they releasing it now when the majority of people it seems can't even play and with developers offering half assed solutions to problems that should never of happened to begin with at least COD2 ran straight out of box since been out I've managed a total of less than 10mins play time with serious lag while connected to a local server with only 3 other people on server.

System Specs

Amd athlon 2400+
512mb ram
Nvidia FX5900 128mb
PF 2-1536mb
Windows XP SP2 up to date

Ok Exact description of what happens.

1.I already have steam running and have verified the game.
2.I start the game by pressing launch game
3.After about a 1 minute the splash screen comes up and then about 5 minutes after that the menu comes up.
4.I click on multiplayer and then internet.
5.Select a server in the same country as I(Australia)
6.Then I wait for it to load, Now while it doing this It goes blank maybe the splash screen for the map I've joined will come up.
7.Now after 10 minutes-15 minutes still nothing, this happens about 19 out of 20 times.
8.Now if I do get to the class selection screen I select class about a 1 minute-3 minute later the First Person view comes up but I can't move,shoot,reload, look around nothing.
9.Now if all that happens and I actually can move I lags so bad that it's not worth the time I've wasted to find out I can't even do anything.

I have tried all the suggestions for solving this verifying, I've even tried the redorchestra.ini file changing the cache options suggested to false.

Now I don't get any error messages one thing I have noticed is that it absoulutely flogs the hell out of the CPU, page file probably everything else for that matter.

ganjanoof said:
Don't compare games, they all have their weaknesses.
How can I not compare other games to this every other game I've installed has run 1st time this doesn't even run.
And I came to this game based on the hype of the mod, the commitment been showed by the developers. Geez how wrong was I that's twice in 6 months I've bought a game that isn't worth the dollars I paid for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With the new version of ZA, 6.1.744.000, I no longer get a BSOD when I try to start the game.

Still get the GPF error, however. :(

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ -1999 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: No Video
SetFilePointer Failed 64/2697509: 64 The system cannot find the path specified.
History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- LoadNames <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class Engine.GameEngine NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.