• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Known RO:O Errors/problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Error: I can't connect to the servers online - I get the message ""Can't Connect - The version you are running is different from the servers"
    Fix:
    1. Exit Red Orchestra
    2. Go to Steam -> Files -> Change User
    3. Steam will warn you, ignore and just hit 'Log out...'
    4. Log back in when steam offers you a Log in screen
    5. Launch Red Orchestra

Error: When I Start RO:O nothing happens
    Fix:
    1. Open Steam and go to 'MyGames'
    2. Right click Red Orchestra and select Properties
    3. Click on the tab that says 'Local Files' (3rd most right tab)
    4. Click on 'Verify integrity of game cache' This will force steam to check the game files and download anything thats missing.
    5. When Steam finished downloading the rest of the game, Start Red Orchestra normally

Error: No maps show up on my map list
    Fix:
    1. Open your RedOrchestra/System Folder
    2. Delete all .ucl files
    3. Restart Steam and RO

Error: When I launch RO, my computer crashes/reboots
    (This if for users that have Zone Alarm installed) Fix1: We are working on this issue now
    Fix2: Open ZA, go to program tab then to program control and add the RO executable (steamapps/RO/system), set it to super trusted (3 green bars) and allow server access. Then send ZA to tray and launch RO, after a min it will load

Error: I have set the rendering device to 'Software' and now my game crashed and every time I try to start it up again it keeps crashing
    Fix:
    1. Find the directory where Steam is installed (default it should be something like C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\
    2. Go into \SteamApps\"your Steam account name"\red orchestra\System\
    3. Find the file called 'redOrchestra.ini' and delete it
    4. Find the file called 'user.ini' and delete it
    5. Start up Red Orchestra normally, you will have to reconfigure all your settings after this fix, since you basically reset Red Orchestra to its default settings (iow player name, video and other settings)

Error: Game crashes on Resolution changes (This fix should also be tried for other graphical related problems)
    Fix:
    1. Find the directory where Steam is installed (default it should be something like C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\)
    2. Go into '\SteamApps\"your Steam account name"\red orchestra\System\'
    3. Find the file called 'redOrchestra.ini' and delete it
    4. Find the file called 'user.ini' and delete it
    5. Start up Red Orchestra normally, you will have to reconfigure all your settings after this fix, since you basically reset Red Orchestra to its default settings (iow player name, video and other settings)
    6. If you need to change the Rendering device again, only use Direct 3D or Direct 3d 9.0

Error: My game looks very blurry, textures look unsharp
    Fix (turn off bloom):
    1. While in game, hit 'Esc' to go to the ingame menu (If you are already in the Main menu, simply click on 'Configuration' and proceed with step 4)
    2. Click on 'Game Controls'
    3. Click on 'Configuration'
    4. Click on the second tab labelled 'Display'
    5. Make sure the check box of 'Show advanced options' is checked, this will make all the options on the roght tirn white instead of greyed out.
    6. On the right in the 'Options', uncheck 'HDR Bloom'
    7. Return to the game

You can also turn off bloom ingame by:
    1. Opening up the console (hit ~ <-- tilde)
    2. In the console type 'bloom' without the "
    3. Close console by hitting ~ again

If you still think it doesnt look good and your system can have AA and AF turned up, try setting AA and AF on high settings in your system, it will make the game look much better (high end systems only)

Error: My game is running abnormally slow (ie: low fps)
    (We beleive some grafics cards have problems with DirectX 9.0)1. While in game, hit 'Esc' to go to the ingame menu (If you are already in the Main menu, simply click on 'Configuration' and proceed with step 4)
    2. Click on 'Game Controls'
    3. Click on 'Configuration'
    4. Click on the second tab labelled 'Display'
    5. In the drop down menu 'Render Device' select 'Direct 3D' instead of 'Direct 3D 9.0'
    6. Return to the game

Error: When I load most maps i kinda freeze and its like Im the only one on the server and I cant move I can only shoot.
    Fix: You have timed out on your connection to the server, reconnect or find a server with a better ping for you.

Error: Master Server can not be found
    Fix: In the Server browser menu: Hit the refresh button

This Game is currently unavailable. Please try again another time.
    Fix 1 - process already run and needs to be "killed" first:
    1. Quit Steam
    2. Ctrl+Alt+Del -> Go to Processes (second tab) -> Find RedOrchestra.exe -> End process
    3. Open Steam
    4. Launch Red Orchestra
    Fix 2 - Kerio Personal Firewall users:
    1. Configuration > Network security > Find steam.exe and redorchestra.exe entries in the list and erase; choose ok
    2. Manually create new entries for them or if you are using interactive mode wait for popup when restarting steam / roo

Error: PreCondition Assertion Failed
    ---------------------------
    Name: ValidPositiveOffset
    Program: C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe
    File: Src\SplitPath.cpp
    Line: 310
    ( !(nCharsToMove >= 0) || (m_uLocalPathOffset+static_cast<uint>(nCharsToMove) <= m_sPath.length()) )
    (Press Retry to debug the application - JIT debugging must be enabled)

Fix: We are working on this issue now.

Error: "Can't find file 'xyz'"
    Fix: Check your launch options in Steam - right-click on RO in Steam ---> "Properties" ---> "Set launch options" and ensure the box is EMPTY - no text at all. If you launch from a desktop icon, check there are no extraneous parameters - should look like this (roughly):

"c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 1200 127.0.0.1:7757

Error: "The game won't let me install on an other drive then the C drive"
    Make sure steam is the only boxed checked when you install.
    install steam FIRST on the partition or hard drive you want RO installed.
    You will need to setup a steam account...blah blah.
    Restart setup, make sure the only box checked is the RO box
    Go through the setup, click install.
    It will find the directory/hard drive that steam is installed and will install RO in the same place.

Yoshiro said:
    Error: PreCondition Assertion Failed
    ---------------------------
    Name: ValidPositiveOffset
    Program: C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe
    File: Src\SplitPath.cpp
    Line: 310
    ( !(nCharsToMove >= 0) || (m_uLocalPathOffset+static_cast<uint>(nCharsToMove) <= m_sPath.length()) )
    (Press Retry to debug the application - JIT debugging must be enabled)

Fix: Norton Internet Security has corrupted your Steam. Shut down this program, make sure none of its processes are running (I mean none). Delete your Clientregistry.blob file and restart steam.

I uninstalled Norton 2006 and it got rid of this error!

BUT, only to face another one!!!

cplus.jpg

When i click to load the game, it has the splash screen for a bit, then this and closes...tried re-validating etc....no luck :(

Upvote 0
    Maleko said:
    I uninstalled Norton 2006 and it got rid of this error!

BUT, only to face another one!!!

cplus.jpg

When i click to load the game, it has the splash screen for a bit, then this and closes...tried re-validating etc....no luck :(
    I had this problem. Go into your steam folder and delete 'ClientRegistry.blob' then go into your steamapps/username/ and delete your red orchestra folder. Then run steam and open red orchestra. It should be working.:)

Edit: You might want to copy both of them to another folder in case something goes wrong, You can just paste them both back.

Upvote 0
    There is one huge bug this game has been released with and that is that anyone who has AOL as their ISP cannot see a single server or connect to the master server, there are a couple of threads reflecting this issue and im one of many....im really dissapointed...surly this one would have been hard to miss, did not one BETA tester have AOL? did you not check the compatibility between various ISPs?

sorry im probably being unreasonable, i know how hard you've worked but i have paid my money and cant help but feel let down. the game looks great too in practice mode....i hope this can be remedied quickly.

Upvote 0
    Fluffier said:
    My game runs abnormally slow.

This (Fix: Change visual from DirectX 9 to Direct X) didnt work. I could only choose direct x 9 or direct x 3d. No difference between them.

Amd 64 3200+ / 1024 pc3200 mem/ ati r9800
    How high do you have your graphics settings? Have you tried turning them down? Maybe turning like HDR bloom/dynamic lighting/etc. off? I would turn everything to the lowest and see how that works.

Upvote 0
    Stanislav said:
    How high do you have your graphics settings? Have you tried turning them down? Maybe turning like HDR bloom/dynamic lighting/etc. off? I would turn everything to the lowest and see how that works.
    I'v tried High, Medium, Low and Lowest. Lowest works but i cant play with it looking like that. Turning of bloom and dynamic light was the first thing i tried.
    From what i'v heard this engine should require less power from the computer than titles such as Battlefield 2 (which i can run at medium settings, smoothly).

I have no malware or viruses, and my pc is pretty optimized.

Thank for helping though. : - ) I guess only a new set of drivers from ati, or a patch from the dev team can fix this.

I'm not unhappy, this will be fixed with time. Thats good enough.

Upvote 0
    Yoshiro said:
    Error: When I launch RO, my computer crashes/reboots
    Fix1: Install a newer version of Zone Alarm on your system or remove it.
    Fix2: Open ZA, go to program tab then to program control and add the RO executable (steamapps/RO/system), set it to super trusted (3 green bars) and allow server access. Then send ZA to tray and launch RO, after a min it will load

Hello there.
    I'm sorry but NO installing the latest version of ZA or ZA pro or any other Zonelabs product don't help (thanks to VSmon files). The game still BSOD just after decryption of downloaded RO files.

Setting redorchestra's exe to trusted don't help neither (well except for "Byte Me").

We need an official statement about it. Is there a fix beeing worked on right now!?

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.