• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Known RO:O Errors/problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Za & Ro

Za & Ro

I use the Security Suite version of ZA and can't run the game as I get the BSOD when ever I've tried - I've been waiting patiently, like a few others for a fix patch to emerge and I can honestly say that although I'm not going to slag anyone off here, my patience is starting to wear a little thin.

In a moment of idiocy I did uninstall ZA and install another firewall which did allow me to play the game and I have to admit that I did enjoy the 30 mins that I had spare to play, but after finishing playing the game for that short period of time I uninstalled the firewall I'd installed and reinstalled ZA -- I'm glad I did too as my machine was not as protected as it should have been by the new firewall as a check on this website proved

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

Clicking on the Proceed button to continue to the options available to you for scanning of your PC by GR's scanning programme(s).

This is Gibson Research's site that checks people's firewalls for holes and with the replacement firewall I was not stealthed as I am with ZA.
Although the programme that I replaced ZA with advised me that my PC was stealthed it wasn't - so I offer this piece of advice to those with ZA -- wait for the patch, don't uninstall ZA as you'll suffer as I did..

Whilst without ZA installed and running I was attacked several times and found that files had been altered, added and removed from my PC without my consent or knowledge.. so one reformat, one re-install of XP and all my usual programmes re-installed I'm back to getting BSOD whilst trying to launch the game..

Check out the Gibson Research site if you want to see if your new firewall is actually doing it's job - I think you might be surprised with the results especially if you don't use ZA!

In the mean-time I'll just wait for the patch and see what occurs when a patch is released.

Thanks for reading this.

---------------
My system specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dell DXG051
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A06
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 309MB used, 3632MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 7800 GTX
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7803 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Description: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [CCC0]
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_20061102&REV_04
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've never used Zone Alarm and have never had any problems. Blaming other Software Firewalls for your woes, which is indeed unfortunate, is just a tad rash.

As regards all security issues and solutions with operating systems, a little time invested in learning from them will cause a lot less bother in the long term.

Upvote 0
PreCondition Assertion Failed

Name: ValidPossitive Offset
Program: C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe
File: Scr\SplitPath.cpp
Line: 310

( !(n Chars ToMove >= 0) II (m_uLocalPathOffset+static_cast<unit>(n CharsToMove) <= m_sPath.length()) )

(Pres Retry to debug the application - JIT debugging must be enabled)

what the #%$@!! is this??? never heard of or saw this before.
baught the download for the game,paid for it and everything, still can't play,
if i need a disk, then SEND IT ALREADY.........i need help, i'm stressin'
verified the stupid cashe and all the steps i could find didn't work out.....
i want to play this thing man....

Upvote 0
kagemusha said:
I've never used Zone Alarm and have never had any problems. Blaming other Software Firewalls for your woes, which is indeed unfortunate, is just a tad rash.

As regards all security issues and solutions with operating systems, a little time invested in learning from them will cause a lot less bother in the long term.
Firstly, I never blamed any other software firewall for anything - all I said was, if you read the post - that my system was compromised by an unknown user who altered my system to the point that I had to reformat - I never said the firewall was at fault, but rather that in my opinion it didn't do the job it was designed to do.

And if you've not used ZA then, again, in my opinion you're not in a position to comment.

Upvote 0
After alot of random crashes I download and reinstalled SP 2 on my machine , I then deleted the .blob file and user file this fix my problem with the game . My crashes were mostly caused by Runtime errors in the C++ compiler like alot you guys .

P.S I was also getting alot of General protection faults these went away with the reinstall of Sp 2

Upvote 0
Any updates as to when this will be fixed? I can not wait to play this game!

Error: PreCondition Assertion Failed
---------------------------
Name: ValidPositiveOffset
Program: C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe
File: Src\SplitPath.cpp
Line: 310
( !(nCharsToMove >= 0) || (m_uLocalPathOffset+static_cast<uint>(nCharsToMove ) <= m_sPath.length()) )
(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT debugging must be enabled)

Fix: We are working on this issue now.

Upvote 0
Crashing Computer

Crashing Computer

I am very disappointed that this known error is taking so long to repair. Surely rigorous testing should have highlighted the program conflicting with such a popular security tool as Zone Alarms.

When can we expect either to play the game without any trouble, or have a full refund?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

(BTW, I am using version 6.1.737.000 ZA)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
star_dust said:
After alot of random crashes I download and reinstalled SP 2 on my machine , I then deleted the .blob file and user file this fix my problem with the game . My crashes were mostly caused by Runtime errors in the C++ compiler like alot you guys .

P.S I was also getting alot of General protection faults these went away with the reinstall of Sp 2

I tried deleting the .blob file and the user file from my Steam directory and then re-ran RO - BSOD again.. I can't download SP2 as it's actually apart of the Windows XP cd-rom that came with my PC when I bought it.
I checked ZA for an upgrade as well - no such luck for me :(

Upvote 0
not using ZA

not using ZA

I've never had ZA installed on my PC and still experience the same GP and Runtime errors as described in others' posts. Patience is running out....

Here is my error:
Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2668 MHz with 1022MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9800 PRO (6476)

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
The_Tax_Man said:
I tried deleting the .blob file and the user file from my Steam directory and then re-ran RO - BSOD again.. I can't download SP2 as it's actually apart of the Windows XP cd-rom that came with my PC when I bought it.
I checked ZA for an upgrade as well - no such luck for me :(
just google it, thats what i did and it's indeed on the ZA download page.

Upvote 0
The_Tax_Man said:
I use the ZA Security Suite programme not ZA free or Pro. and I have the most recent version (6.1.737.000).

Thanks for the info though.
the 6.1.744.000 security "suite" is there. i just upgraded to it ?

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/trial_zaFamily/trial_zaFamily.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en&lid=zassskulist2_trial

here's a link to all versions, and they're only trial if you don't already own ZA. if you own a copy just chose "upgrade' when installing.http://http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/1043_zl/zaSuiteSetup_61_744_000_en.exe

Upvote 0
Yoshiro said:
Error: I can't connect to the servers online - I get the message ""Can't Connect - The version you are running is different from the servers"
Fix:
1. Exit Red Orchestra
2. Go to Steam -> Files -> Change User
3. Steam will warn you, ignore and just hit 'Log out...'
4. Log back in when steam offers you a Log in screen
5. Launch Red Orchestra

Your fix DOESN'T WORK.

There are many posts about this problem and we are being ignored completely.

Please acknowledge that you are aware of our problem and are trying to fix it. Many many of us are getting VERY frustrated by your TOTAL lack of response about this problem.

Upvote 0
WarDog64 said:
the 6.1.744.000 security "suite" is there. i just upgraded to it ?

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/trial_zaFamily/trial_zaFamily.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en&lid=zassskulist2_trial

here's a link to all versions, and they're only trial if you don't already own ZA. if you own a copy just chose "upgrade' when installing.

Hhmm.. when i use the option within ZA to check for upgrades it doesn't find any - thank you for providing the link, I've upgraded again.

Upvote 0
10-78 BusterKing said:
Your fix DOESN'T WORK.

There are many posts about this problem and we are being ignored completely.

Please acknowledge that you are aware of our problem and are trying to fix it. Many many of us are getting VERY frustrated by your TOTAL lack of response about this problem.

Unless you are completely new to the computer world, you would know that most fixes and updates take time. To say you are being completely ignored is I am sure, WRONG.

Patience.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.