• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing FP/SC with 4 perks in Early Access

I suppose Munk was talking about 4 perks shown in the latest dev diaries video: Berserker, Support, Commando and Medic. And here comes a logical question, which is based on KF1 experience:
how these perks are supposed to deal with Scrakes and Fleshpounds?
  • AA12 spam?
  • Medic block?
  • Stupid kiting?
  • 1-shot kill SC with buzzsaw, 2-shot FP?
  • Shooting legs off and beating crippled body with "tactical shovel" till the death?..
It's a new game so the perk roles might change a lot. Who knows what we're gonna get, except those that know already of course :/

Combos are fine until they really are combos: encourages using multiple different weapons --or even better-- performed by multiple players.

But I don't see major difference between spamming AA-12 or spamming M14EBR or "semi-auto" xbow...
The major difference is that pointing at the body of an FP and holding down you mouse1 down with AA12 is absolutely trivial, so it's also ineffective. Soloing a 6player HOE FP with M14 takes a big big amount of practice by trial and error and is still somewhat risky (if you fail or get interrupted the FP will still have plent of body HP left), so it's also effective. Same goes for the bow too on some level.

If a player does a perfect 'combo' and he's playing an appropriate class for dealing with the bigger zeds and/or he's spamming nades I don't see why he shouldn't be able to kill even a 6man HoE FP alone.

I don't think zeds will sit around and let themself be combo'd anymore though.
Teamwork combos > muh m1 spamfest teamwork > Magerdy hurr

Seriously though FP's and scrakes lost their scary after a couple games even though it wasn't until about 200 hours that I actually knew how to kill them.
I agree with you my dearest friends

Upvote 0
I don't think people will be able to level up their perks enough to play HoE during the EAccess phase and be sure this or that is broken on the max diff.

Good point. But at the same time, Tripwire should know if improvements need to be made to the XP system in KF2 as well. So we're really in a catch 22 situation here regarding your point.

Upvote 0
Just for the record, "Spamming" or whatever people are calling non-combos in KF, where you hold down M1 and shoot the specimens, is how you're supposed to play FPSes. Having weapon combos are fine but don't talk dumb about "MUH COMBOS BLEGH I DONT WANT THE GAME TO BE M1 SPAMFEST" when that's how most, if not all FPSes, are played? You press M1, shoot some guys sometimes, maybe die, and continue the cycle.

Upvote 0
Just for the record, "Spamming" or whatever people are calling non-combos in KF, where you hold down M1 and shoot the specimens, is how you're supposed to play FPSes. Having weapon combos are fine but don't talk dumb about "MUH COMBOS BLEGH I DONT WANT THE GAME TO BE M1 SPAMFEST" when that's how most, if not all FPSes, are played? You press M1, shoot some guys sometimes, maybe die, and continue the cycle.

Spamming should not get you to wave 10 on the higher difficulties.

Upvote 0
It will if you are support :rolleyes:

Support in KF1 have some very easy combos (nade, hunting, AA-12 in various combinations) they can use on 6p HoE, but AA12 supports does have one flaw and that's ammo usage. While you can spam down FP/SC like this it eats ammo like crazy, so it requires some trigger discipline and a group setup where one AA12 support isn't expected to actually carry the whole team. :D

Upvote 0
Nah mate. 90% of the time I play with Comm, Medic or SS. The rest 10% of the time I play with Demo or Bug. Supp was my main class in the mod (since Alex added the classes I mean) but in the retail I wanted to try something different. I can play with it and I know its combos because I leveled it up to 6 but its not my primary class exactly because I don't like this hallway spam crap.

Upvote 0
This thread is kind of useless, honestly. We know nothing about how anything functions in this game. It's all speculation based on kf1.

We don't know how a kf2 scrake is going to behave.

We don't know how a kf2 FP is going to behave.

We don't know how the kf2 weapons are going to be against these specimens.

There is not enough available information to have any sort of meaningful discussion about this topic.

Upvote 0
Combos are fine until they really are combos: encourages using multiple different weapons --or even better-- performed by multiple players.

But I don't see major difference between spamming AA-12 or spamming M14EBR or "semi-auto" xbow...

Have you EVER played EBR/LAR sharp, especially solo? You can't really spam the EBR since it has such a high head shot multiplier. Putting 10 headshots into a FP with the EBR is a LOT different than the current xbow and worlds apart from spamming the AA12. If you can not logically see the large difference in all three of those, I highly doubt your capability for reasoning.

Upvote 0
Spamming should not get you to wave 10 on the higher difficulties.

So much this.

That's what makes KF1 such a nice game. If you want to just shoot things and see them die, you totally can. If you want to perform combos, flinchlocks and other funny things, you also can. That's why there are multiple difficulties.

And people who just want to, for example, hold M1 with a flamethrower and hose zeds indifferently should be reminded that they are on a wrong difficulty server. Preferably by chainsaw sandwich :)

Upvote 0