• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

killing floor is dieng

They either need to refresh the game by adding a new gamemode or just diversify the waves of monsters.

It gets annoying to play EXACTLY same wave progression.

You know, 80% clots, 10% bloats, 10% gorefasts during 1st wave.
50% clots, 20% crawlers, 15% gorefasts, 10% bloats, 5% stalkers during the 2nd wave..
Then sirens, Scrakes and finally fleshpounds appear.

It is fun at first, but since there's only 1 playing mode, it gets REALLY repetitive and dull, since you expect and KNOW what will come at which point of the wave.

Simply varying out the units BUT maintaining similar wave power level would refresh the game QUITE a bit and wouldn't be hard to do at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
is it or is kf slowly dieng? i can remember when it was just released, almost all of the servers were full, but now its all empty.
they need add a new gameplay to kf to get ppl back playing!
It isn't dying just sorting out the wheat from the chaft...the lamb from the mutton and all those other sayings;)
Some people will buy a game just to knock it...the same happened with RO (It ain't Cod or BF..I can't Bunny shoot...Oh woe is Me...Where are all my Leet skills gone:rolleyes:)
Different horses for different courses buddy, You'll either love it or find something else...(and that's what made PC gaming great IMHO)
whatever floats yer boat....I even know some people that think FFOW is a great game:eek::eek::eek::eek::p:D

Upvote 0
It isn't dying just sorting out the wheat from the chaft...the lamb from the mutton and all those other sayings
If you say so.

It certainly does start to get stale after a while, compared to some other games out there. You're always fighting against the same dumb enemies, in the same pattern. After playing the game since it came out, I feel I've pretty much experienced everything there is to experience in it. I've been very 'serious' with playing it but after a while I've got to the point where it's just the same thing all the time. It's fine if you're into games like World of Warcraft where you also just do the same thing over and over, but it's not for me.

Although I haven't abandoned the game just yet. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well Gamespot rated it a 7.5 here recently if not today so... Maybe that'll get the game the attention it needs for the devs to start working harder/faster on the game. Not to say they aren't cuz I'm sure they are but, a Gamespot rating and being on their top game listings is pretty good is the point here;)

Upvote 0
the game hasn't even been out for a month yet! new gameplay? give TW a damn break!!!
the game isn't dead. 3000 players at any one time for a $20 game is good.
have you guys even tried the sandbox yet???
have you even tried any of the community maps yet???
and give people a damn break not everyone can play KF at the same time.
plus tripwire have said they are working on new maps for KF.
so be patient ffs.

Upvote 0
ok i just done a server search with no filters on the KF server browser, i got

2144 servers
150 servers with players playing it. (yes i counted every single 1 by 1)

and steam stats shows 1003 players playing KF right now, im in the UK and its 10am here and its still middle of the night in most of usa. try playing during usa peak hours.

Upvote 0
I don't see a shortage in servers, but a new form for play would be nice eventually. Deathmatch with the slow and sluggish KF guys would be interesting, though I'm sure there could be other and more creative solutions.

Maybe a mode called Retrieval, where you have a nice and long map which leads from point A to point B where you have to pick up something, then head all the way back from point B to point A without getting killed by the more advanced enemy types. The Unreal engine also supports vehicles, right? I'm not saying that it would fit in with KF as-is, just that it could eventually be an option for more variation if there were maps which required co-op revolving around a vehicle.

I'm not complaining though, I think KF is a lot of fun under the right circumstances and it doesn't need half-baked additions right now, it doesn't really have the groundwork for two teams of players shooting at eachother either, though some form of competetive co-op probably isn't too farfetched. For now, there's still plenty of community maps to wear out, though.:)

Upvote 0