• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Prefabs?

thrash242

Grizzled Veteran
May 18, 2009
Is there a way to save the whole trader setup (static meshes, volumes, etc) as a prefab and just import it or do I really need to open TraderExample or the official maps and select them all and copy/paste them each time I want to use them?

Setting up the mechanics of the volume, the door and the teleporters isn't a big deal, it's just all the decorations and such. I'd like my trader rooms to maintain the consistent feel from the official maps.

Surely there's some easy way to do this that I'm missing. I remember you could do this in QuakeEd. You just selected a set of brushes, saved them as a prefab and then you could load it all up later in another map.

On a related subject, how do groups work? Is there a way to group all the trader-related meshes/brushes and later select that whole group to duplicate it? I've figured out how to use the builder-brush to 'select all inside', but sure there's an easier way?

Last edited:
you can use the groups.just like you say.
select all the trader related stuff.
open the the groups tab
create and name a new group
add trader stuff to group

now you can select all the trader setup from the groups
just remember when you make a duplicate of the trader setup
to ungroup it from the original group and create a new group
trader 2 or somthing

Upvote 0