• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Killing Floor Halloween - Fright Yard!

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm really happy that TWI exists and brought me the KF I really really really loved back in 2009, as well as RO:Ost and RO:HoS, and even Rising Storm. Those games are amongst - if not my very biggest - favourite games ever made.

I've just no idea how to express how I feel about seeing my favourite game evolving from a cool cult shooter, to arguably the best arena co-op game ever, to what makes me think more of Saints Row 4. I feel like it's reached the pinnacle of that now, just by looking at the trailer and the DLC pages on the Steam store. All my old buddies I met on KF feel the same way, and so do so many people from here who don't post anymore. I get that things change, and suddenly something appeals to a different crowd of people entirely. Take Metallica, as an analogy/example.

Still it was the best

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The new DLC items will not be on sale for this event period. In the previous event, the new DLC were on sale briefly (I want to say about 45 mins to an hour) before they were corrected.

Any compromise?

I will buy the new weapon DLC at full price for my two computers if Rising Storm gets a discount during Halloween, because i want Rising Storm as well to my TWI-collection.

I just minutes ago bought another copy of KF + wp 1 and 2 at discount price and previously i have bought at full price KF + several DLCs, RO and RO2 GOTY.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
is it too hard to refine the game instead of desacrating it ?

i am going to say this seriously : i hate you for what you have become, tripwire, and the real deal that KF used to be will stay in my heart as best gaem evur, that is, until you lost your mind

i should have uninstalled kf instead of gmod and that means a lot.

Upvote 0
Removing ping for waves is a terrible idea. I always sorted my servers in ping...now im totes lost. Besides this, i find it useless since there are servers who's waves are marked WAY passed 10.
i am going to say this seriously : i hate you for what you have become, tripwire, and the real deal that KF used to be will stay in my heart as best gaem evur, that is, until you lost your mind.
For DLCs? Yes, Reggie uses a few lines an reuses them for other commands, thats lazy, atlease DAR was better.

Also releasing a v2 of a event exclusive weapons just remind me of this :rolleyes:
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is it just me who can't get the objective mode to load up on the new map? I picked Objective mode on the gametypes option and only KFO-Steamland appears.

Also one of the traders on the new map (by the petrol station) traps you when it opens and you're in its way. I ended up sunk into the ground but it isn't an exploit of any kind.

Edit: Am I the only one who can't see the Bile gun in the trader menu?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've just no idea how to express how I feel about seeing my favourite game evolving from a cool cult shooter, to arguably the best arena co-op game ever, to what makes me think more of Saints Row 4. I feel like it's reached the pinnacle of that now, just by looking at the trailer and the DLC pages on the Steam store. All my old buddies I met on KF feel the same way, and so do so many people from here who don't post anymore. I get that things change, and suddenly something appeals to a different crowd of people entirely. Take Metallica, as an analogy/example.
zfTOW.jpg

Upvote 0
This game continues to lose its gritty aesthetic... Paint a picture with themed colors, and you have art. Paint a picture with colors observers shout out, and you have a discombobulated mess. This game has become the latter. Instead of staying true to its origins, it has followed suggestions to the point that it no longer has any theme to call its own. The identity has been lost, an identity I used to enjoy and idealize. Now I am left with only the question; Who are you?

At least we have mutators to mold this game as we please, and if nothing else this update did bring about this little tidbit;
Fixed dual 9mm

Upvote 0