• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Games Summer 2015 - Sign-ups Open

Flyer%20KFG3_zps6ll49wfm.png

KFG Summer 2015 Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx8jbHZk3_g[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx8jbHZk3_g[/URL]

Calling all Zed Hunters!
Welcome to the Killing Floor Games Summer Tournament 2015!

What are the Killing Floor Games, you ask yourself?
The KFG is a long running community games event for Killing Floor, hence the

After briefly looking over the rules this time around... I've realized you should have spent more time working on your tournament rules.

J8. During the tournaments all official Killing Floor DLC is allowed, with the exception of the "Neon weapon pack".
J9. During the tournaments, the weapon "Dwarfs Axe" cannot be purchased at the trader.
The weapon bans are questionable at best. J9 says no Dwarfs Axe... but ZED Guns are allowed? And J8 bans the usage of Neon weapons? The Dwarfs Axe's ban is reasonable, but the leaving in of ZED Guns is a very big mistake.

H2. KFG reserve the right to refuse entry to any clan/team or player, for whatever reason they see fit. In addition KFG reserve the right to remove any clan/team or player, for whatever reason, from competing in any event organised by KFG.
I hope you never use rule H2. And I mean the first H2, not the duplicate H2 after it.

J4. If all players die during one wave (including the Patriarch battle), your team will lose.
J20. Teams will have 1 chance to retry, each team team has the right to do a "wave restart", they can do this by pressing the F2 button. [...]
Rule J4 has no exceptions regarding rule J20. If a team wipes, can they use rule J20 to restart?

K1. On some maps there are forbidden spots or camp places, see forbidden spots here. <removed link because linking to exploits isn't allowed on the forums>
Rule K1 should simply state what a forbidden spot is, not show map exploits in a publicly accessible, unlisted youtube video. Also, because you've simply explicitly stated what all forbidden spots are, all 3 of which on KF-FrightYard, it's arguable that all other map exploits are valid in this tournament - which I doubt is the case.

Given that you're trying to look like an official tournament, you should really work on your rule list so that it's actually sturdy. You're being sponsored. So act like it.

Apart from that... Same issues are present here from the previous tournaments: If you get more than one good team this time, the tournament win will be decided on by map selection RNG and zed spawn RNG. There seems to have been no attempt to alleviate this issue this time around, either.

Edit: I feel confident posting this here is on topic because this thread was made in General Discussion and sign-ups are not being done in here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's quite obvious that you spent some time trying to improve the tournament and making it a more pleasant watch and participate. Even though you were successful with some points, I do have to agree that there are things in your ruleset, which are somewhat questionable.

H2. KFG reserve the right to refuse entry to any clan/team or player, for whatever reason they see fit. In addition KFG reserve the right to remove any clan/team or player, for whatever reason, from competing in any event organised by KFG.

Or, in other words, "guilty, no matter if proven innocent". At least you won't have to bother with a mob of angry people again. In case you feel like removing someone "for whatever reason you see to fit", you can just tell everyone to go read your ruleset and simply nip the necessity to vindicate in bud. Neat.

If you get more than one good team this time, the tournament win will be decided on by map selection RNG and zed spawn RNG. There seems to have been no attempt to alleviate this issue this time around, either.

So much this. One of the main decisive factors if a team will win is luck, provided that the according team is comfortable and somehow knows how to play the game. Also, by NOT removing the Zedgun you eliminate even the last portion of skill nessecary to win, since a team can basically just defuse every challenging situation which may arise, by zapping and holding down mouse1. Removing the Dwarfs but leaving the Zedgun in makes absolutly no sense (to me). In the new tournament I'd have expected something like: "No Zerk, No Crossbow, No DLC-Weapons, No Zedgun", which would force teams to think a little bit more out of the box and require at least some skill to not wipe by wave 8.

To everyone involved into the tournament, good luck and enjoy the games. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Or, in other words, "guilty, no matter if proven innocent". At least you won't have to bother with a mob of angry people again. In case you feel like removing someone "for whatever reason you see to fit", you can just tell everyone to go read your ruleset and simply nip the necessity to vindicate in bud. Neat.
You'll actually find something to this effect in the vast majority of EULA's and Terms of Use. It's pretty much a safety net.
On that note
While commenting on this thread isn't prohibited or anything, the purpose of this thread is basicly to serve as an announcement. So trying to start a discussion within this thread about past events etc etc will count as derailing.

So don't do that :I

Upvote 0
While commenting on this thread isn't prohibited or anything, the purpose of this thread is basicly to serve as an announcement. So trying to start a discussion within this thread about past events etc etc will count as derailing.

So don't do that :I

I get what you mean but I didn't felt like creating a new thread because of that. In my understanding this thread is about the new KFG and since my post was almost entirely related to that, I didn't felt like it would count as derailing. If OP doesn't like people posting here, he could have just locked the thread to begin with. If I missed OPs intent and posted my criticism in the wrong thread, feel free to tell me and/or move my post, thank you.

Upvote 0
I wasn't really referring to a post that had already been made. My post was just a reminder because this is one of those threads that looks like it could go wrong very quickly.

I can see what youre saying but theres a legitimate cause and your seeing the inevitable effect.

I wont say anything about my experience last year except to say that the officiating wasn't great due to the rules they used then and having a "safety net" doesnt mean there will be transparency, impartiality or any form of (at least one) appeal. Or at least some things I would expect need to be consistent with a contest of this level.

So rather than waste my time, Im afraid that Im out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are no reasons to join this tournament, last time REAL pro players went in, they were accused of hacking, and attleast most EU regular players do understand that this is joke, and not even a good one.

I gotta give points for trying though, last time friend of mine told embarassing truths about the tournament, he got banned from TWI forums.

I do very highly encourage boycotting this event to its fullest.

Upvote 0
I'm glad that you guys have been fixing your rules overtime - it's good to see you guys open to suggestions for a change. It's weird that you'd ban the Dwarfs!? Axe despite having a video demonstrating how to use it, but I have to say it's ban is very necessary along with the ZED Guns so no complaints here.

Hopefully you'll continue with the rule updates and put together something reasonable before the start of the tournament!

Upvote 0
I'm glad that you guys have been fixing your rules overtime - it's good to see you guys open to suggestions for a change. It's weird that you'd ban the Dwarfs!? Axe despite having a video demonstrating how to use it, but I have to say it's ban is very necessary along with the ZED Guns so no complaints here.

Hopefully you'll continue with the rule updates and put together something reasonable before the start of the tournament!

Thanks. Some things do slip through for some of us and obviously there is many opinions in specific areas, like the zed guns vs dwarfs talk. The insight of the debuffign effect was the part that slid past for the rules whereas the dwarfs is pretty much self explanatory. If you get anymore suggestions, please let us know. :)

Upvote 0