• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF1 Mods That You Want To See In KF2

xload3d

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
United States
I'm guessing alot of people would like to see the same mods from KF1 make it into KF2. There has been some great content released by the community and just wondering what ones you want to see back?

Mods/Mutators I liked:

1) Brute
2) Self destruct bomb, explosive demolition axe, plasma thrower, lightsaber sword
3) Portal turret, sentry turret, healing bot
4) Gungame
5) 32 person server
6) Nade Warn
7) welder heals armor
8) the WTF rocket launcher nuke
9) Show Damage & Damage Popup
10) roll the dice
11) fireball throwing bastard aka. Super Mario
12) Scrake Zed
13) WTF Zeds

Last edited:
1) Brute
2) Weapons
3) Doom 3 turrets/bots
7) welder heals armor
- ooohhhhh, a ****storm is a comin!

- Just saying weapons is very vague, you make it sound like KF doesnt have weapons at all.

- It has Doom in the name, i think we know the answer.

- Horrible, no one would be buying armor then. UNLESS it was made where 100% of your weld power only recovers like 5 points.

The thing with these are if they are not whitelisted or cause the game to change in a drastic way without any good side effects, then why even put it into the game or even allow them as "official" mutators?

The only sensible thing you put is Gun Game since its a official game mode & nade warning...but only makes sense for medics so player can jump in the clouds.

There are better choices that could be added into the game, and not the ones in those OP servers.

- Server Perks.
- Custom Skins Mut.
- Weapon Pickup Message.
- Vehicles mod
- Max Players mutator.

- Serverperks automatically is grey or black listed, which ever TWI wants.

- No, due to legal reason, and again being very vague, Plus no one uses mutators for custom skins, they are just script files... unless you still make those useless player skin mutators.

- If its turned off or on in options, then yes.

- Vehicles is something TWI removed from KF when making it. Unreal Tournament allows for playing with vehicles. Braindead simply reinserted that code back into KF, & TWI actually added a part of BD's mod since they needed too or else BD's cars would have been useless.
So all TWI has to do is just change the vehicle code to fit in KF2.

- This should also be a option when creating a server, obviously passing 6 would cause the server to be de-whitelisted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- Serverperks automatically is grey or black listed, which ever TWI wants.

- No, due to legal reason, and again being very vague, Plus no one uses mutators for custom skins, they are just script files... unless you still make those useless player skin mutators.

- If its turned off or on in options, then yes.

- Vehicles is something TWI removed from KF when making it. Unreal Tournament allows for playing with vehicles. Braindead simply reinserted that code back into KF, & TWI actually added a part of BD's mod since they needed too or else BD's cars would have been useless.
So all TWI has to do is just change the vehicle code to fit in KF2.

- This should also be a option when creating a server, obviously passing 6 would cause the server to be de-whitelisted.

- I wrote that one because I consider the title "KF 1 Mods that you would like to see in KF2", I assumed, as mods, not official content, if there is a mutator that is very helpful (or a map) that is not whitelisted, server perks is a great help, like using it with MaxPlayers mut.

- Skins in many servers with Redirection for UZ2 Files are easy and fast to download, plus there are a lot of people who enjoyed some skins (believe it or not).

- About the vehicles I was wondering if it could fit in this new KF Title, since so many things have changed and we have wider options when it comes to modding, it would be nice to see if vehicles could be an option for certain maps, again, as a mod.

Upvote 0
Most certainly advanced specimens created by the community, of course. They hinted at new specimens in the teasers, so I won't be surprised if we see a upgraded, new-age Brute, Shiver, Sick, or even Fatale in the new spawn crew for KF2.

For weapons, most definitely a LMG of some kind for Commando or similar high-spam T3 for them, there's a few choices for mutators, but I'd rather a smaller weapon that's not, well, Stinger or other ridiculous.

While I do like how KF2 is shooting for grungy and industrial look again, I also think that maybe allowing some of the original zany to bleed in won't hurt either. ZED Gun Mk2 could be fun, especially if it's allowed via unlock again.

Hunting Rifle MUST become a default by now. I mean, poor thing has been favorite for ages!

Another oddity I think could be fun coding wise would be the Arachnophobia mutator, allowing the Crawlers to hang off walls and ceilings. Even if it's just a mutator, allowing it in the engine would be fun.

Also, making mutator/shop integration easier without a secondary source. Always a pain, that one.

I guess all I got to add to this is they at least ported over anything and everything from the first and made it more awesome, I'd be content, but hey, can always dream for the add-ons :3

Upvote 0
I assumed, as mods, not official content
ppfftt just noticed :eek:

okay then let me retry this...

- Gun Game (but i think it should be added in)
- Force Max Players
- Story/Doom Mode (for the lulz worthy maps)
- WTF Mod
- Brute
- Fem Pound (by far, one of the best. From a simple fan art to a flesh out idea!)
- ALIENS Mode
- Well skins, since thats obviously something thats gonna be done either way.
- Holy Hand Grenade
- KFMod Mode
- IJC's Zed Defense Mode
- Serverperks
- Dead Space Mode
- Wolfenstein/WarZone Mode
- DM Mayhem Mode
- Survival Mode

Yes, a lot of gamemodes i know :D

Upvote 0